Thursday, April 6, 2023

Shabby Chic Easter Bonnet

 HiHo! Hope you're all okay.

Here's another Easter card, using up really old stash stuff. I had printed out this lovely collage sheet image from 2015 eons ago. I just love her sweet little face and the birdie perched on the brim of her bonnet, like they are having a conversation. Perhaps he is telling her how pretty she looks. I thought this color combo was quite interesting and pretty. The deep pink designer paper really sets off my pastel pink image and it also has bits of the bluish-purple in it. Do you ever save the negatives of your die cuts? For some reason, I save them thinking they'd make good frames and I've finally used one. 😏 The color matched the paper and the paper flowers so I kinda had to use it. 😎
Supply List:
Gecko Galz/Fripperies and Butterflies Freebie Friday image 11/13/2015
Kraft card base
K&Co Que Sera Sera 4x6 Mat Pad designer paper
Purple frame is leftover die cut negative from stash
Making Memories paper flower
Button brad from stash
Tim Holtz Seasonal Chit Chat stickers

 
I used this Splitcoaststampers sketch for my layout design. I thought about cutting off the left side of the purple frame, but did not trust myself to then get it adhered straight, so I left it. I did place it and the paper flush to the left edge per the sketch. I trimmed the image so that it sits within the frame and shows the paper underneath. Thought that effect was interesting.

Inside, just a simple stamping with Acorn Versafine Clair ink. The "blessings" is Hero Arts and I can no longer remember who made the "easter" stamp.

On back, more of the designer paper and a stamped and circle-punched siggie.

And final view.
👀
A little more of the old stash used up, which is good.
Take care and thanks for the visit!
XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
Card is for my mother-in-law

16 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Oh how pretty. Thank you for sharing with us and Happy Easter.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT

Mrs A. said...

What a super image this is. I have papers and embellishments going back years too. Also never throw out the negatives of die cuts either. In fact nothing much gets thrown out of my craft room!! Hugs Mrs A.

My name is Erika. said...

That little lady on your card is so adorable. I love how you went vintage because who actually wears Easter bonnets nowadays? I do remember wearing them as a little girl though. I had one white one with a pink ribbon and a big pink flower. It was straw, so I was ready for spring. I like how you used the leftovers from your die cut too. And you mentioned in the comment on my blog about never being able to use up scraps, same here. Same for probably many of us. It's a good problem to have until you go to clean-smile. Have a great Easter weekend Aimeslee. hugs-Erika

Diane said...

Very pretty and creatively beautiful!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Triple B!
Diane TB Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Triple B}

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful Easter card and love the Vintage image.Thank you for joining us at Pearly Sparkles and also Scrapping4fun
Carol DT x

Bonnie Lynn said...

What a sweet image! I save most of my negative die cuts just keep forgetting to use them. Have a fabulous Easter my friend.

Deanne Saunders said...

Sweet card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CREATIVE CRAFTERS challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Carol said...

What a sweet image and well done for keeping her safe. What a pity we are so far apart - you could come and rummage through my 'stuff'.

I did, though, sort out oodles of stamps recently that I don't use and they have gone to someone who will sell them for charity. Makes one feel a bit better.
Hugs
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely sweet image, Happy Easter,
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT

craftytrog said...

A beautiful card with that sweet focal image! x

Pamela said...

She is very pretty and you've done her justice with how you've finished the card off.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Seafield Jo said...

A lovely vintage image and I love how you've teamed it with the bold backing papers. Another lovely card.

Jo
CD Sunday Plus DT

Chana Malkah said...

Such a cool creation! Perfect for our challenge this month!

Thanks for stopping by A Place to Start !
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner
Redora Lee Designs , My Blog
A Place to Start , Challenge Blog
613 Avenue Create , Owner

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love your beautiful vintage girl. She really is beautifully framed with your saved card waste. I save all sorts of waste. Thanks so much for sharing at Try It On Tuesday, hugs,

ahlers5 said...

What a sweet image. I especially love the pink and brown tones.

K M Meena Herale said...

Fabulous card, Thank you for Joining us at Scrapping4funChallenge and waiting to see you next time. Happy Crafting

Hugs
DT Meenaa Herale

https://cardscraftandart.blogspot.com