Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Coffee and Wine Birthday

 Happy Tuesday, hope yours went well.
Today I'm sharing a birthday card made for a neighbor friend of ours, using rubber I've had for 3 years and never inked up before. As I (half) joke further down, at my age that's like getting a brand new stamp set, lol, but it's really true. I also used this color scheme to play in 2 color challenges. And, I used my (really) new Nuvo Aqua Flow watercolor brush markers that I found on clearance after Christmas.
 
I chose this Splitcoaststampers sketch for my layout design, but because I was using an A2 cover stamp, I resized the sketch and my card to 4.75x6 inches to have an even border surrounding the stamp.
SUPPLY LIST:
SU card stock
Watercolor paper
Jane Davenport designer paper (inside and back)
Image stamp: Technique Junkies Better With Coffee set (retired)
I used the set upside down to match my sketch and really like it that way!
Sentiment stamps: MFT, stamped with Versamark & gold-heat-embossed
Nuvo Aqua Flow watercolor brush markers to color front panel
Image stamped with Versamark and heat-embossed with Ranger Vintage Pearl ep
White gel pen and white colored pencil
Spectrum Noir gold glitter marker
Sakura Stardust purple glitter pen
Inside, the Jane Davenport designer paper and a CAS-ual Fridays sentiment stamped on a Spellbinders Labels 5 die cut. I inlaid the die cut into the patterned paper (cut both), and I really like the look of it. Camera doesn't really pick it up, but I'm going to do that again as it is a cool look in real life.
On back, more of the paper and a stamped, punched and watercolored siggie layered on another larger circle of the SU card.
The look of it from overhead.
And here's my best shot showing the glitter! The sentiment, the cup and saucer rims, her nails, ring and the wine glass were all glittered.
And a final look. I can't believe (well, okay, yes I can) I have had this stamp set since 2019 and am just now using -- so it's new to me and at my age, it's like I just bought it! 😂Hopefully, with the interchangeable sayings, I'll use again!
😎
Thanks for visiting and have a great Wednesday!

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
I've used both colors
My birthstone is amethyst and my favorite color family is purple, so I'm loving these colors.
My Nuvo Aqua Flow Watercolor brush markers
My Nuvo Aqua Flow Watercolor brush markers
No designer paper on card front, only inside and back as is my style.

23 comments:

brenda said...

A fun image and really intense shades of your favourite purple colours, many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations and We Love Stamping challenges.

B x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

It's a striking and fun card, with beautiful colourful background and details! Thanks so much for joining us at We Love Stamping!

Jennifrann said...

I love it, Aimslee! That designer paper is beautiful with your coloring of the fun image! I just love how you never neglect the inside or even the back of your cards!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love how you coloured this Aimes, "Life Happens" indeed. A great stamp, and dug out at last hahaha.
Faith x

Fiona said...

wow...I love the colours, they are beautiful and a cool image.

Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.

Fi
x

My name is Erika. said...

I love finding stamps that I've had but never used, or even have barely used. It's like shopping without shopping. This is a cool image too, and perfect for lots of cards. And I like how you used purple too. I'm developing a pendant for that color when I hardly ever used it before. I hope your Wednesday went well. And thanks for sharing with us at TIOT. hugs-Erika

Julia Aston said...

What a fun stamp with its interchangeable sentiments Aimeslee! love the bold mix of purples and the beautiful back side of your card! Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational. Julia xx

Pamela said...

what a great image and fun card to support such a wonderful message. Thank you for playing with us at Birthstone and using these colors!

Nonni said...

Heheh this is funny... I need that sentiment stamp to my life lol! Beautiful rich colors. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational!

Ellibelle said...

What a great take on the sketch and beautifully done card all around! Thanks so much for sharing at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Judy McKay said...

Very interesting and beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create https://avenue613.blogspot.com/ this month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Awesome card. I love it. Thanks for joining us at Girlz Rebel Challenge
Super toffee kaart heb je gemaakt. Leuk dat de je meedoet met onze challenge bij Girlz Rebel Challenge
Hugs
grtjs Claudia
DT Girlz Rebel challenge
Je kan mij nu ook vinden op You tube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnlT4Rs1DfAZU_GLcM7Kx1g
https://claudiaskaartjes.blogspot.com/
http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be
http://girlzrebelchallenge.blogspot.com
https://girlzcreativecrafts.blogspot.com
https://girlzcreativechristmaschallenge.blogspot.com/

coldwaters2 said...

What a pretty stamp set and gorgeous colours a super card thank you for joining us at WE LOVE STAMPING

coldwaters2 said...

What a pretty stamp set and gorgeous colour thank you for joining us at WE LOVE STAMPING
hugs
lolo x

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Wonderful card Thanks for joining us at Daisy chain Challenges

Geweldige creatie heb je gemaakt. Leuk dat je meedoet bij Daisy chain Challenges
Hugs
Claudia
DT Daisy chain Challenges

Je kan mij nu ook vinden op You tube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnlT4Rs1DfAZU_GLcM7Kx1g
https://claudiaskaartjes.blogspot.com/
http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be
http://girlzrebelchallenge.blogspot.com
https://girlzcreativecrafts.blogspot.com
https://girlzcreativechristmaschallenge.blogspot.com/

ClaireB said...

Fabulous card, great colours and such an amusing sentiment. Thanks for joining us at the Pearly Sparkles Challenge this month, Claire DT

Chana Malkah said...

My sentiments exactly! Great card! Thanks for dropping it into our mailbox at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana

Valérie said...

Beautiful card! I love purple :) The sentiment made me laugh. Thank you for sharing your beautiful creation at AAA Birthday! I hope to see you in our next challenges! Take care and keep crafting! Valérie DT

Helen said...

A great card - love that stamp.

Thanks for joining us at the AAA Birthday Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Larelyn said...

Great sketch interpretation and such a fun sentiment. Thank you for sharing at Pearly Sparkles.

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful! Your purple designed card looks so pretty and it looks like you had fun using your new nuvo watercolour markers 😊. Take care and thanks so much for joining us at Try it on Tuesday again! Hugs Jo x

jolanda creatief bijtje said...

nice card
thank you for participating in our challenge
until next time
Greetings Jolanda Bongers
DT Girls rebel challenge

LOU said...

Gorgeous card Aimeslee. Love the colours.
Thanks so much for joining us for our Love to Craft Challenge #72 for January/February 2023.
We hope to see you again soon,
Lou DT xo
JemLou Productions