Sunday, January 15, 2023

Beautiful Blossoms Challenge Begins!

 Happy Sunday, blogging friends, hope everyone is warm and well. 
Today, I'm excited to help launch a brand new monthly challenge that I'm on the Design Team for! Challenge #1 begins today and ends Feb. 12.
To play, the main focus of your project needs to be flowers and inspired by the mood board that is provided. I've listed the other deets later in my post.
Here's the mood board for Challenge #1. I chose to be inspired by the colors, the shape of the flower bowl in the center and the wood pile.
And here is my mood board inspiration for you!
SUPPLY LIST:
Dick Blick, Bazzill, Recollections, Springhill Digital and Kraft card stocks
Avery Elle Floral Bouquet Stamps and Dies, stamped with Versamark ink,
heat-embossed with clear and vintage pearl embossing powders,
colored with mica watercolor paints and pencils,
Accented with white acrylic paint and Wink of Stella glitter brush pen
Hero Arts sentiment stamp, Versamark ink and vintage pearl embossing powder
Altenew tree ring stencil
Altenew 6x6 tree bark embossing folder
Spellbinder 6x6 Fairmont Art Deco die
Lawn Fawn "for you" die, watercolored
Flower organza ribbon
Corner punch
 
I used this Splitcoaststampers sketch for my layout design, but I flipped it horizontally. I laid everything out both ways first and liked the flipped arrangement better.
This is one of my "kitchen sink" cards, with mixed media, layers and textures. I stamped, heat-embossed, die cut and watercolored the flowers, stenciled and distressed the tree ring, dry-embossed the white die cut layer, watercolored the die cut sentiment and heat-embossed and die cut the stamped smaller sentiment. It was a lot of fun and I thoroughly enjoyed myself! 
This card is for one of our very best, closest friends, so the inside sentiments from us both are personal and heartfelt. I pulled some Best of K&Co designer paper and die cut a mat for the computer sentiments I created in PSE and die cut as well.
On the back, I used the same  2 bottom layers as the front and you can see the dry-embossing in all its glory here. What's funny is it looks in this photo like the white layer on the front is not dry-embossed. Weird, but I guess it has to do with the back being what's in focus. Rest assured, the front is dry-embossed just like the back! 😉
And a final look at my card. I sure hope it has inspired you to come play with us. I can promise you, if Winter has you down, creating something with flowers will definitely lift you up!
Here are the Guidelines for our challenge:

WELCOME TO THE BEAUTIFUL BLOSSOMS CHALLENGE BLOG!

  • On the 15th of each month at 2AM Eastern Time a new challenge will be announced with a new inspiration board.
  • Your project should be inspired by the mood board WITH THE MAIN FOCUS containing flowers.
  • The Monthly Mood Board will be a starting point; your creations do NOT have to follow the theme of the Mood Board, but you need to use it as inspiration.
  • ANY handcrafted project, with florals as the main theme, will be accepted.  Think Cards, Home Decor, Apparel, Mixed Media, etc.
  • You may enter 8 projects in our challenge, and upload to as many other challenges as you like. 
  • Challenges end on the 12th of the following month.
  • The challenge will be Just for Fun.  There may be an occasional prize awarded.  
  • Top Picks will always be selected by the design team with badges being awarded. There will also be a Random Winner in each challenge with a badge being awarded.
Hope you to see you there!

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
The Altenew tree ring stencil and the Ranger Vintage Pearl embossing powder are both new
Used some flowered organza ribbon
No Designer Paper on card front
Hand-stamped and added sparkle
NEW art supplies to play with (Altenew stencil and Ranger embossing powder)
NEW art supplies to play with (Altenew stencil and Ranger embossing powder)

32 comments:

Donna Walls said...

Absolutely WOW Aimes! This is such a work of art with so much detail and beauty, truly a labor of love! Thanks for a wonderful team project for our 1st challenge at Beautiful Blossoms!
Donna xx

My name is Erika. said...

Those flowers are gorgeous. I love the wood on the background and the blue and gold...this card has a wonderful winter look and also a wonderful spring look with the blooms. (Especially since I need a little spring sunshine right now.) Just beautiful Aimeslee. hugs-Erika

Darlene said...

Absolutely beautiful creation my friend (teamie ... lol)! Fits the mood board perfectly! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our STENCIL FUN challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

Darlene
STENCIL FUN CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

PS ... thanks for also joining in the fun at our CYHTP and DD challenges. Good Luck!

Diane said...

Wow Amy, a stunningly beautiful card with all your pretty details!! thanks too for sharing in our challenges at Stencil Fun, Double D and Can You Handle The Pressure!! Will enjoy being on this team with you!!

Barbara said...

I see that you got a lot of inspiration for your card from the board. I love that you showed us the inside and the wonderful back. Thanks for sharing it with us at Double D Challenge Good luck!

Melanie Hungerford said...

Wow, that's such a beautiful color palette, gorgeous card! Can't wait to go check out the new challenge, look forward to your inspiration. Thanks for sharing with us at Can You Handle the Pressure!

Alyson Mayo said...

First - congratulations on being a member on a brand new design team! I look forward to seeing what you create. This card is so pretty - love the shades of blue mixed with the woodgrain elements!

stampinwithanita said...

This is such a beautiful work of art, Aimeslee! So many techniques all put together for a stunning piece. Looking forward to working with you on the DT!

Donna Ellis said...

Wowser, Aimes! Talk about texture and sparkle and dimension! You've hit the jackpot picking up the feel of the challenge inspiration board, and creating a gorgeous card! Of course, I always enjoy searching each of your cards, because you always have so much to look at in every nook and cranny! Thank you for making the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge extra special with your masterpiece!
Crafting Smiles,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

ahlers5 said...

Congrats on the new DT position. I joined two that are closely related. I can There is a theme each time, but I can choose whatever images I want out of my stash. They are barely known blogs and get very few entries. I have done Morgan's ArtWorld for quite a long time. I joined when it was Fitztown, and rejoined late when it became ArtWorld. I notified them that my last month will be April. I feel like I've done everything I've wanted to do in her collection. I have been avoiding my computer somewhat. I figured I had better start catching up on everything. I just finished my commenting on Splitcoast and thought I'd do Blogger now and then move on to Facebook. I see I have missed quite a lot on your blog so here I go! I love the flowers on this card...so pretty. I also love how you finished the back. If I have some time next week I may try to get a card done.

brenda said...

A pretty floral card in the shades of blue Aimeslee, many thanks for sharing at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Becca Sadler said...

Aimeslee: Wow! I saw this yesterday on the new BB posting and noticed that bit of organza ribbon along with the gorgeous flowers and layers of details on your amazing card! Getting a 2nd look at it, it still brings a smile for all those fabulous details! Thanks for linking to Mix It Up! --Becca/DT (P.S. Check out FarmQuest and Heart's Quest; they are my 2 small growing themed blogs that Diane joined! :))

Larelyn said...

What an absolutely stunning mixed media card. It is truly a work of art.
Thank you for joining the Cut it Up Anything Goes Challenge.
Hugs,
Larelyn (CIU owner)

Kate said...

These lovely blue blossoms are just the thing to chase away the winter blues! Love your layout too! Thanks for joining us on the front porch at 613 The Avenue Create! Hope to see you again soon!
Hugs, Kate (Cards a la Kate)!

Julia Aston said...

What a beautiful inspired design Aimeslee! The blue with the gold/brown is SO pretty and lovely layering of all your images - thanks for joining us at Inkspirational! Julia xx

Diane Louise J said...

Your card is pretty... thanks for entering the 'use kraft card' challenge at Moving Along With The Times. Good luck and we hope you will join us again.
Diane Louise (DT member) xx

Linby said...

A pretty design and beautiful shades of blue. Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge

Vicki Dutcher said...

Lovely inspired card - great layering too. Thanks for joining in at AAA Birthday

Dora said...

Beautiful card. Lot of sparkle on your card. Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations

Heather said...

This is beautiful!! Great color combo, and the woodgrain look gives it a nice country feel. Thanks for playing with Cut It Up Challenge. (I'm off to check out your challenge blog, thanks!)

Ilonka said...

I love you’re card, thanks for sharing it with us at the Pearly Sparkles Challenge Blog.
Hugs Ilonka D

Pia S said...

I think you did a great job with this card and I can clearly see what isnpired you from the moodboard. A great choisc of sketch and everything works together beautifully. Thanks for sharing with us at INKspirational.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! Stunning card Aimes, so much beautiful detail
Faith x

My name is Erika. said...

And I never said thanks for sharing this with us at TIOT. I'm glad you joined us! Hugs again.

Jane said...

All the different shades of blue look so pretty on your card. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

Chana Malkah said...

A beautiful take on the challenge! Lovely! Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana

Jenny L said...

Hi Aimeslee,
what a very beautiful card and so many wonderful layers too.
Love all the layering and colours.
Your flowers look so pretty and the colours looks brill with the kraft card.
Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful card! Loving the blue colours of winter with those pretty flowers - gorgeous 😊. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! I hope you are keeping well and wishing you all the best for 2023! Hugs Jo x

Wendy L said...

This looks so beautiful, thanks for joining us at the MAWTT challenge, xx

Pat said...

What a beautiful floral creation Aimeslee and congratulations on being on the team of this lovely new challenge and I will definitely be joining in, and the blues and browns with the prettily coloured flowers and the tree bark embossing and tree ring stencilling add to the interest on this wonderful card, and such a super floral organza ribbon too. x

Carole said...

Great card, thanks for playing along with our 'Use Craft Card' challenge @ MAWTT this month. Good Luck 
Happy Crafting
Carole xXx

Helen said...

Beautifully designed - great take on the mood board.

Thanks for joining us at the Get Creative Challenge.

Helen x
DT