Sunday, January 1, 2023

Believe in the Magic of Christmas Gnome

 Happy New Year 2023, Blogland!
Here's my Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog Design Team make for your inspiration! 
A brand new challenge begins today, come join the fun.
Supplies Used:
Craft Consortium It's Snome Time by Helz Cuppleditch designer papers
Focal image from the designer papers
Dick Blick Tag Board for 6x6 card base
Wausau Rocket Red paper
Washi tapes and snowflake embellies from my stash
Spellbinders Lacy Squares and Classic Squares dies
Crafters Companion sentiment, stamped with Nocturne Versafine Clair ink
Stamplorations stamped sentiment (inside)
 
I chose this Splitcoaststampers sketch for my layout design, resizing it to 6x6 in PSE.
I very much love these paper illustrated and designed by Helz Cuppleditch for Craft Consortium. The red is so rich and goes well with my Wausau Rocket Red paper. So many different scenes included, but my eyes went right to this adorable snowy scene of the little gnome girl with the birdies and that's the one I chose for my first project with this collection. I used a couple of different square-shaped dies to cut the focal image and frame it. I added a stamped sentiment I thought went perfectly with it and used some of my stash of washi tapes and soft plastic holographic snowflakes. 
Inside, a stamped sentiment cut with the lacey squares die on collection paper mats.
This shot of the back with the front came out a tiny bit more green than it actually is, but it shows the continuity. Collection paper matted with the red and a smaller red die cut square as a mat for my stamped and circle-punched siggie.
Close-up of the shine coming off the snowflakes and off the embossed collection papers as well...
And one last look. If I'm smart, I will be able to make a gazillion Christmas cards from just this one collection, so if you see it again here, blame it on my uber-feels for these colors, designer Helz Cuppleditch...and Gnomes. If I don't forget I have it (again! 😶).
💖
Thanks for the visit and happy new year!
XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:

14 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

Happy 2023 to you! I hope Mr. Gnome not only brought holiday cheer but also some 2023 good luck, good health and smiles your way. hugs-Erika

Lynda said...

Great colours - love the image and background design. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Ohhhh I love this card Aimes! The colours are so eye-popping that I stopped in my tracks. I love that you aren't afraid of colour.

Birgit said...

What an adorable card! So glad you linked up to the DD Challenge. Best of luck to you!

Helma said...

Beautiful card . I love the gnome. Great that you have joined the challenge of Girlz Creative Christmas Challenge. Greeings Helma DT

ahlers5 said...

This is adorable! The image is so cute. I love the back of the card, too.

Diane said...

Creatively beautiful as always, love the teal and red combo together too!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Double D}
{Stencil Fun}

Carol said...

So many beautiful elements on your gnome card! I lover your color choices and the layout you chose as well! The washi tape and that red die add so much to the design too! Beautiful! Thank you for joining us at Christmas Craft Creations this month!!!

Marianne said...

beautiful card, i like the way you decorated the back of the card also.

Tammy F. said...

Such a bright and fun card! Your colors really caught my eye!! Thanks for sharing with us at Christmas Craft Creations!

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Amazing card. Well done Thanks for joining us at Girlz Creative Christmas Challenge

Hugs
Claudia
DT Girlz Creative Christmas Challenge

Je kan mij nu ook vinden op You tube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnlT4Rs1DfAZU_GLcM7Kx1g
https://claudiaskaartjes.blogspot.com/
http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be
http://girlzrebelchallenge.blogspot.com
https://girlzcreativecrafts.blogspot.com
https://girlzcreativechristmaschallenge.blogspot.com/

Rae Ann said...

This is such a fun and cheerful palette! Love the non-traditional colors!

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our 'Tis the Season challenge.

Deborah Wheeler said...

What an adorable image! Love your card. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Challenge
Deborah DT
www.deborahscraftyblog.com

NickScrapShack said...

Adorable card. Love the cute image and the pretty and bright colours. Thank you for playing along with us at SCRIBBLERS DESIGN. Best of luck with your entry and hope to see you back soon again. Nick DT