Friday, December 30, 2022

Spirit of Christmas

 Happy Friday, everyone, hope you're all well. This will be my last post until Sunday so I'll give best wishes now for a lovely New Year's Eve.
Supplies Used:
Kraft card stock
DCWV Adhesive Mat Stack card for frame
Daisy D's orange plaid paper
Rusty Pickle patterned paper
Image: Gecko Galz digital image from Winter Windows ATC Set
Karen Foster Alpha Winks (Joy)
TH Idealogy Christmas Noel Sticker Book sticker (Spirit of Christmas)
Spellbinders A2 Frame die
Glass flatback star from my stash
Altenew star enamel dots
Cutplorations Noel die
Brown chalk ink and marker for edge distressing
 
I chose this Gecko Galz Facebook challenge sketch for my layout design.
I know the orange plaid is uncoventional for Christmas, but I think it complements the fireplace glow from that amazing image. The glass star catching the light is like the fire, and the reds in the image are tomato-y and go well with the oranges. I like it now a lot, but it took me a minute. Funny what our brains get used to seeing (and not seeing 😁😉). I also like that it's got a masculine, homespun vibe because I always need a few to send to the single guys on our Christmas list.
Inside, a scrap of gold parchment I used a decorative corner punch on and stamped a Sweet n Sassy sentiment with Versafine Clair ink.
The back, with more of the plaid and a siggie on a corner-punched scrap.
And one last look. This was fun getting a little embellishment-lumpy on a card, but I'm already worrying about mailing it, lol. Which is why most of my cards are flat. 😎
Thanks for visiting!
XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:

13 comments:

Suze said...

Lovely card Aimeslee. I like the warmth of the image and color palette. Thank you for entering the Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends and Happy New Year to you.

Melanie Hungerford said...

What a warm and cozy scene, a wonderful Christmas card! Thanks for sharing with us at Krafty Chicks.

Michelle N. said...

Personally, I like the orange! It warms it up nicely-thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas!

Arlene said...

The image certainly brings a feeling of home and hearth to the card. It's a beauty. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Alyson Mayo said...

That is such a great vintage picture and the orange is a great complement to the fire burning in the background! Thanks for sharing with us at HLS Christmas :)

My name is Erika. said...

I love the colors and the warm and inviting image, Aimeslee. That image really caught my eye, and in many ways is more holiday-ish (is that a word?) than all the red and green traditional views. This is lovely. I hope you had a wonderful holiday. hugs-Erika

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful colours and as you say warm Aimeslee, love the frame emphasising the fire. A really lovely card in and out :)
Happy New Year
Faith x

dj said...

What a sweet cozy card...that fireplace scene, that plaid paper, and that frame...all so charming!! A great card for our "winter" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! So glad you found time during this Holiday season to play along with us!! Deb Horst, DT #C4G312

Valérie said...

Beautiful cozy scene! I love the comfy feel it gives. Thank you for sharing your beautiful creation at Cardz 4 Guyz for our winter theme challenge. I hope you will join us in the future this year. Stay safe and keep crafting. Valérie DT Cardz 4 Guyz

ahlers5 said...

I always get mixed up on whether I commented on a card or not. Probably because I always comment on Splitcoast.

Helen said...

Wonderful card!
Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

OlgaB said...

Just love the warm colours you used!
Hope you have a blessed and creative 2023!
Thank you for joining Creative Moments!
Hugs from Africa!
OlgaB

Helen said...

Beautiful - I agree that the orange plaid looks great too.

Thanks for joining us at The 12 Months of Christmas Challenge.

Helen x
DT