Wednesday, December 28, 2022

A Card for Allhallowtide

 Hallow there! Wednesday, already? Hope everyone is well and has a better grip on time than I do, lol.
My card today came about for two reasons: I always try to play in the Halloween challenges and also at least one of the Gecko Galz challenges; and, I had a shoebox lid with black and and blue paper scraps and some fussy-cut stamped flowers, all leftover from a previous project. So time to mash all that up into a card. The image provided at the GG Challenge intrigued me and I immediately thought of the 3-day tradition of All Hallow's Eve, All Saints' Day and All Souls Day every October 31-November 2.
Supplies Used:
Dick Blick tag board card base
SU, DCWV, Color Mates and Springhill Digital card stock scraps
Junkitz and Making Memories designer paper scraps
Autumn Leaves Abstract Mums, stamped and heat-embossed with clear powder
Pink By Design sentiment stamp
Nocturne Versafine Clair ink for all stamping
Promarkers for coloring mums
 
I used this Splitcoaststampers sketch for my layout design.
I matted all layers with black card. I colored the mums with 4 blue Promarker shades. I stamped the bottom sentiment direct to paper, then shadow stamped it again just a hair off the first stamping to make it look a little fuzzy.
Here's a close up of the image Gecko Galz provided for the challenge. It was originally more dark/navy blue, but I lightened it up in PSE and got multiples shades out of it. It's quite an interesting picture, don't you think? Hauntingly beautiful. I just had to use it.
A close up of the embossing on one of the mums.
The back of the card, with more scraps and a stamped, circle punched and colored siggie. I haven't done the inside yet, as I'm working on a little poem but haven't finished it.
And one last look.
Thanks for visiting and enjoy your day!
XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:

11 comments:

ahlers5 said...

This is a really lovely image that you turned into a beautiful card.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

It certainly is a nice image to work with. Glad you lightened up the blue. Enjoy the rest of your week.

Diane said...

What fun this is, spookily awesome!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Two Old Bats!
Diane TOB Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Two Old Bats}
{Stencil Fun}

Carole J said...

A brilliant project, Amy. I love how you altered the image colour and the sentiment you chose is perfect :) Thank you for joining the fun at Gecko Galz.
Also, thank you for sharing your project with us at the Crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” December Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon!
Carole x DT Craftilicious Creations

Donna Walls said...

Fun and spooky scene! And great work on those bits and pieces Aimes! Thanks for linking up with us at The Paper Funday Challenge.
Donna xx
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge
**starting 15 January - The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

My name is Erika. said...

I like this card. You still managed to use some bold colors even though the theme is on the darker side. That blue is great. And I really like the main image too. I'm curious what you're little poem will be. Happy new year if I don't get to stop by in the next 2 days. I hope you have great 2023. hugs-Erika

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! This is gorgeous Aimes, I love the image, as you say it's hauntingly beautiful. Beautifully shown off too. A Gorgeous card. Good to hear your temperatures are nearing normal? I think we are getting some of what you have, but heavy rain and strong winds instead of snow, so far anyway. You are all so kind for sending the weather pattern to the West, so we can share some of your "lovely" weather, the Atlantic usually changes it to WET! Have a Great day and keep that Arfur away.
Hugs
Faith x

Helen said...

Very striking design and that sentiment made me smile!

Thanks for joining us at the Paper Funday Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Ellibelle said...

Such a beautiful card in shades of blue, black and white, and what a great sketch!
Thank you so much for sharing at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!
Happy New Year!

Ilonka said...

I love it, thanks for sharing it with us at the Creative Crafters Challenge Blog
Big Hugs Ilonka DT

Ines said...

Super:)Thanks for playing with us at The Creative Crafters:)Ines DT
http://inka-mojmalyswiat.blogspot.com/
https://creativecrafterschallenge.blogspot.com/