Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Birthdays are the Berry Best

 Happy Tuesday, hope 2023 is treating you well so far. I have several birthday cards to mail in January, here's one of them.
Supplies Used:
Bazzill, SU and Springhill Digital card stocks
Websters Pages Sunday Picnic/Everyday Poetry designer papers
Wausau Rocket Red paper
The Paper Shelter Berry Delight pre-colored image
Papertrey Ink sentiment, stamped with Versafine Clair ink
Elizabeth Craft Strawberries dies, colored with Promarkers and white gel pen
Winter white enamel dots
 
I used this Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 sketch for my layout design.
After printing the image out, I groaned, thinking it was really going to be hard to color -match papers to it. But I finally found some. This is why I usually start with the paper and then color to match the paper, but you can't do that with a pre-colored image. 😏
Inside, more Websters Pages paper with some Hero Arts sentiments stamped in Versafine Clair ink.
And the back, using the same paper as on the front.
And one last look.
Thanks for visiting and have a great day.
XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
I chose Challenge #172: Food and/or Drink from May 2022
I took the winter white, reddish pink and green colors as inspiration

14 comments:

ahlers5 said...

This is such a cute card! I have to get my January birthday cards going. My brother's birthday is today and I didn't mail his card yet. I can never seem to get going in January!

Melanie Hungerford said...

Looks wonderful! Great to see some red and green that's not for Christmas! Thanks for sharing with us at Krafty Chicks.

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

Fabulous card! It’s berry punny! Love your take on the sketch challenge. Thank you for commenting your link. Truly appreciate you playing along the Krafty Chicks challenge during out technical difficulties.
Diane - DT

Donna Walls said...

Great card and off topic but I would love a Pink Mixer like that! Thanks for sharing with us at The Inspiration Station Challenge and we look forward to seeing more of your designs this month.
Donna xx
The Inspiration Station Challenge
The Paper Funday Challenge
coming soon - The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

Leanne said...

Bright and fun, love it, Thank you for playing our challenge love this card, happy crafting!

Leanne DT Member Krafty Chicks Challenge

Alyson Mayo said...

Perfect image for a "berry birthday"... the strawberries are terrific paired with that plaid paper :)

Bonnie Lynn said...

What a cute birthday card! I love it! I've never thought to use fruit for birthday's. Hope you're doing well my friend. Sorry for the short comment I'm still dealing with migraines and the flu. Ugh!

OlgaB said...

May you have a blessed and creative 2023!
This is such a lovely image for a person that loves baking!
Thank you for joining SSW 2
Hugs from Africa!
OlgaB

Kathy said...

I love pre-colored images and this one is delightful...Great job matching the paper to the colors in the image. Such a cute card. Thanks for sharing it with us at the Inspiration Station Challenge this month. Smiles, Kathy

craftytrog said...

A gorgeous card Aimeslee.
I have just made 6 cards for male relatives who all have birthdays in the first two months of the year.

My name is Erika. said...

I missed a few posts I guess. Shame on me :( I love that you picked strawberries for this card. Well not picked strawberries I guess it's not strawberry season but used them. It's a fun card, and that image is adorable. hugs-Erika

Kathie said...

Wow Strawberries are my favourite. This is a lovely card and I just adore your pre-coloured image. Your papers and embellishments a perfect. Great card and thanks so much for sharing it with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie SSW2~DT

Helen said...

Great card - perfect colours and I love the die cut strawberries.

Thanks for joining us at the AAA Birthday Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Valérie said...

Love your Kitchen Aid! I have one and I love it :) Great card. Thank you for sharing your beautiful creation at AAA Birthday! I hope to see you in our next challenges! Take care and keep crafting! Valérie DT