Tuesday, January 10, 2023

A Sewing-Themed Birthday

 Happy Tuesday, hope yours was nice.
SUPPLY LIST:
Bazzill and KIMemories card stock
Kaisercraft Homemade designer papers
Image Stamps: Kaisercraft sewing machine and floral spray, Funky Fossil Scandi elements for border
Sentiment Stamps: Kaisercraft, Verve
Versamark and Ranger Vintage Pearl embossing powder
Distress Ink for edge distressing 
DOX for border stamping
Notched corner square dies
Enamel dots
 
I chose this Splitcoaststampers sketch for my layout design.
Today I'm sharing a card I've made for my lovely niece who teaches Life Skills. Lots of inking and stamping and heat embossing. I love the stamped border I created with the scandi stamps and ink distressing around the edge.
Close-up of the stamping and heat-embossing on the card front. I also love this Ranger Vintage Pearl powder.
On the inside I matted each side with some very old Paper Studio scrapbooking paper. I cut some card with a Spellbinders notched rectangle die and stamped Avery Elle, Neat & Tangled and Hero Arts sentiments on it with Versamark, then heat-embossed it with the Vintage Pearl powder.
The back of the card with the front...
And a final view. My birthstone is Amethyst and all my jewelry is this light bluish-purple color, so these colors definitely speak to me. 💜
Thanks for visiting and have a great rest of the week.
XXO

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
Amethyst Colors
This time, the purple colors in the sky and tree outside, the curtain and the ledge provided inspiration.
I've used the Ranger Vintage Pearl embossing powder (new purchase) for the first time.
Purple (my birthstone) and Brown are so nice together
Using Ranger Vintage Pearl embossing powder (new purchase) for the first time
I'm using my Ranger Vintage Pearl embossing powder (new purchase) for the first time.
(Challenge #180: 3 of Anything from August)- I have a column of 3 rectangular mats on card

25 comments:

Donna Walls said...

Fabulous card Aimes, lots of interest in this one. Thanks for joining us at the Inspiration Station Challenge.
Donna xx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Gorgeous card
Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge good luck Ginny DT
Penny's Challenge

Sylvia kaarten en zo. said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty. Greetings Sylvia DT.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Beautiful design and palette of colours, love the sewing machine and the floral spray stamps you choose, as well the fresh style of the border. Your niece surely will love your birthday cad. Thanks so much for joining us at We Love Stamping!

Cardsbymaaike said...

That is some intricate gorgeousness!. Thank you for playing at the AAA Birthday Card Challenges.

My name is Erika. said...

That blue looks really lovely with the black and the white embossing. Nice color choices. Embossing is a great idea on the white sewing stamped image on the right side because it really looks like you stitched this onto the card. And I'm with you with the scandi stamps on the border. Thanks for sharing this with us at TIOT. I hope the week is going well. hugs-Erika

Bonnie Lynn said...

I love it!!! Love, love, love the vintage stamps/papers used and how you've arranged them. Gorgeous my friend. Simply gorgeous!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

No one makes cards like you. Such pretty fronts, intriguing inside and beautiful backs. You rock--Aimes. Hugs Bethie

brenda said...

A super made for a sewist and so pretty with the stamped frame as well, many thanks for sharing a favourite colour at our January challenge at We Love Stamping.

B x

Darlene said...

WOW! Very cool creation! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

Darlene
DOUBLE D
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Alyson Mayo said...

Great stitched elements - so perfect for the sewing machine image!

craftytrog said...

Simple gorgeous Aimeslee! I love this card.
Hugs, Alison x

Kathy said...

Your card is lovely. I find cards with a "sewing" motif to be so captivating (my mother was an awesome seamstress). Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us over at the Inspiration Station Challenge Blog this month. Smiles, Kathy

stampinwithanita said...

What a beautiful card and I love your back story. I am sure your niece will absolutely love it! Thank you so much for joining us at the Paper Dragonfly Creative Challenge. Come and join us again!

Tone K. said...

Suuupernice card! :)
Thanks a lot for joining us at Creatalicious! :)

valscraftings said...

A beautiful card, love the colour combo
Thank you for joining us at Paper Dragonfly Creative Challenge! Val DT
https://paperdragonflycreativechallenges.blogspot.com/

ahlers5 said...

I love the light colored embossing on the darker color. It really stands out.

Mervi said...

Fabulous card.
Thank you for sharing at We Love Stamping;-))m

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

So VERY beautiful.
Faith x

Tangii said...

Your card is spectacular in Amethyst! Thanks for playing along with us at The Birthstone Challenge, hope to see you again!

coldwaters2 said...

Hi again this is fantastic love the stamps and card design a super make thank you for joining us at WE LOVE STAMPING
hugs
lolo x

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous sewing themed card, love the white embossing, it gives a great texture and those border stamps are perfect.
Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday.
Avril x

papiershades said...

I Loved each n every elements of the card which conveyed what you wanted to showcase !! Fabulous Card :) Lovely !! Thank you for playing at the AAA Birthday Card Challenges - Deekshita (Papiershades)

Катерина Pioniya said...

Great project! Love the stamps!
Thank you for joining us at AAA Birthday Card Challenge - Pioniya, DT

pearshapedcrafting said...

Sorry to be so late, as usual I am on catch up. I love the sewing theme and it looks so good in blue. Thank you so much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday, hugs, Chrisx