Sunday, January 8, 2023

My Bestie Trippin' Birthday

Happy Sunday, hope you are all having a good weekend. 
I've got another birthday card to share today.
This one's for a sweet girlfriend who had some dizziness over the holidays, even fell down a few times, and finally went to the doctor and discovered her diabetes was to blame. Can't be too careful at our age! She's much better now, thankfully. I won this image at My Besties Brazil Challenge and her untied shoelaces gave me the idea for my card. This is my Guest Designer project for January's challenge, which I was told is supposed to go live today but I wasn't told the time. 
SUPPLIES USED:
Image colored with Promarkers and Sakura glitter and gel pens
Background created with Distress Crayons, Distress Inks and acrylic paints
SU and Springhill Digital card stocks
Lawn Fawn designer papers
X-Cut balloon dies
Ice White Viva Decor Pearl Paint Pen
  
I used this Splitcoaststampers sketch for my layout design.
I printed her out on card stock large enough for the card front, colored her up with Promarkers and accented her with Sakura Stardust glitter gel pens and white gel pen. I created a background for her by stippling Distress Ink and then smudging Distress Crayon (with a bit of acrylic paint mixed in) around the edges. I made some pearl dots in one corner and then dotted around them with the glitter gel pens. I cut some little Lawn Fawn heart papers with a balloon die and drew the strings with a black gel pen. I created the front sentiment in PSE.
  
A couple of shots to show the glitter and shine. Click to see bigger.
I created the inside sentiments in PSE. She loves day trips with her honey, puns and a good laugh, so I tried to give her a good affectionate teasing!
The back of the card along with the front...
One last look. 
Thanks for the visit today and good week ahead wishes to all!
XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
I'm using a new digi image.
I love all colors but cool color combos are one of my favorites

14 comments:

Alyson Mayo said...

Aww- such a sweet card and the colours are my favourites! This would definitely brighten someone's day :)

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fun card, and so beautifully made - it's always great to have a friend you can gently tease!! Love your colours, especially the teal/purple combination - it's one of my favourites.
Thank you for joining the We Love Stamping January Challenge
Blessings
Maxine WLS DT

brenda said...

So sweet and a lovely colour palette Aimeslee, many thanks for sharing with us at We Love Stamping January challenge.

B x

Cardsbymaaike said...

That's one great birthday Card. Thank you for playing at the AAA Birthday Card Challneges

craftytrog said...

I'm glad to hear your friend is feeling much better Aimeslee. She'll treasure this beautiful card.
Happy New Year to you.
Alison

The Crafty Den said...

What a fun card Aimeslee and I'm sure it brightened your friends day. The image is so cute and your colouring is perfect. Lovely papers too. Thanks for joining us at Passion for Markers for our first challenge of 2023. Hugs, Denise x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A fun card for your friends birthday, thank you for sharing at Passion for Markers this week.
Lorraine

My name is Erika. said...

She's adorable. I love the polka dot balloons. I've never seen polka dot balloons, but I wish they had them because I bet they would be popular. And you can never go wrong with glitter. Keeping this comment short as I need to get ready for an appointment. Happy new week. hugs-Erika

Sue said...

Such a sweet birthday card thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create hugs Sue x

Donna Ellis said...

Speaking of dizziness... Aimes, how EVER did you manage to put all those dots on a single card, and dot your little girls hair, without becoming dizzy yourself? SUPER DARLING, and so wonderfully colored! I HOPE YOUR friend is feeling better by now! hugs, de

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Lovely card Thanks for entering you card at Daisy chain Challenges
Geweldige kaart Leuk dat je meedoet met onze challenge bij Daisy chain Challenges
hugs
Claudia
DT Daisy chain challenges
Je kan mij nu ook vinden op You tube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnlT4Rs1DfAZU_GLcM7Kx1g
https://claudiaskaartjes.blogspot.com/
http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be
http://girlzrebelchallenge.blogspot.com
https://girlzcreativecrafts.blogspot.com
https://girlzcreativechristmaschallenge.blogspot.com/

ahlers5 said...

I love this. It's such a cheerful card.

papiershades said...

Lovely Card , Thank you for playing at the AAA Birthday Card Challenges - Deekshita (Papiershades)

Катерина Pioniya said...

So sweet! Lovely card!
Thank you for joining us at AAA Birthday Card Challenge - Pioniya, DT