Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Sweet Christmas Wishes

 Happy Tuesday! Hope you are all well. I've got another snowman card, using an embossed snowflake background and a pre-colored digi, from my unfinished stack. 
Supplies Used:
Recollections, Springhill Digital and DCWV card stocks
Image: Free Drearie Dolls Cup of Cocoa (pre-colored)
Sweet N Sassy Cup of Cocoa stamp set sentiments, stamped with
Versafine Clair ink and heat-embossed with clear powder
Darice 5x7 Snowflakes Embossing Folder
 Avery Elle Signature (seal) die
Chatterbox snowflakes 12x12 designer paper (on back)
Stamplorations sentiment (inside)
 
I resized this Splitcoaststampers sketch to A7 for my layout design, but grouping elements 2 and 3 with element 1 instead of having them floating. This also allows more of the snowflake background to be seen, I thought.
Speaking of which, here's a pic of the snowflake background after embossing it with the Darice folder and then painting the snowflakes with paint pens. I did these several weeks ago when my eye was just beginning to bother me. Seems tedious and probably was, but it was also comforting, calming and mindless to sit and do. I know most would just swipe a white ink pad over the raised snowflakes, but I've never been able to do that without also inking the recessed areas and I love how crisp this came out. The embossed background on the left will be seen in my next card. 😉
I was really trying to keep this card CAS, mostly to show as much of that background (can you tell I love it? I scanned it to use as a digital background in future.) So I was actually pretty restrained, haha. I fussy cut the cute snowman cup and then stamped the sentiments with Versafine Clair ink and heat-embossed with clear powder before cutting them with an Avery Elle die.
Inside a Stamplorations sentiment stamped with Paradise Versafine Clair ink, then cut with a Spellbinders Labels 17 die.
The back with some of my beloved Chatterbox designer paper and a stamped and circle-punched siggie.
And one last look.
Thanks for visiting and stay warm.
XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
Inspired by the cup, snowman and colors
I've used a free digital image linked above in Supplies
I've used die cuts and embossing folder
Used Blues and Snow (Snowman and Snowflakes)
Crafty Gals Corner Challenge #238: Tis the Season

30 comments:

Carol said...

Lots more Snowflakes for our Pamela. Hot chocolate would go down a treat right now. Love the card.
Hugs
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

Darlene said...

So, so cute ... through & through! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

Darlene
PEACE ON EARTH
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

~amy~ said...

So very fun!
Thanks for joining us at the Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge!

Creaine said...

So glad you’ve joined our challenge at Mixed Media Lovers! I just love what you’ve made. Hope to see you again next time.
Blogowner: Ine http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

Alyson Mayo said...

That snowman mug is simply adorable and I love the snowflake background! Thanks for sharing with us at HLS Christmas :)

Cindy C. said...

What an awesome snowy background you've created! So nice to see you again in our December challenge gallery at Die Cut Divas.

Arlene said...

What a cute card! So glad you could join us this month at Die Cut Divas for some die cutting and Winter or Christmas themed cards.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Very cute. CAS is hard indeed. Hugs Bethie

Bonnie Lynn said...

Cute, cute, cute! I love how you changed the sketch just slightly to group everything together. Hope you're having a good day my friend.

Becca Sadler said...

Aimeslee: Thanks so much for linking to MTTCC's candy cane Christmas card theme! This is a terrific wintery card! I like how you adjusted the sketch, too, in order to see more of the beautiful snowflakes! You've got great creative instincts! --Becca/DT

My name is Erika. said...

You painted all those snowflakes. They look amazing. I love this card. It is perfect for the holidays-just cold enough for a warm drink of coco even if it's not really cold where the receiver lives. Happy holidays Aimeslee. hugs-Erika

Jocelyn said...

Another fabulous card and I like the backing papers you have used.
Merry Christmas and thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

SO good to see a Dearie Doll image again. I love them and this is wonderful, Aimes. How you coloured the background is incredible, I love that you painted each snowflake. As I've said before, your patience is to be admired. I love also, that you scanned the background in to use again, I'll be watching for it. A Super card Aimes.
Hugs
Faith x

Donna Walls said...

Oh Aimes, this card is so adorable! I love the embossed backgound, so wintery! Thanks for linking up at The Inspiration Station Challenge.
Donna xx
The Inspiration Station
The Paper Funday
**starting 15 January - The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

Kathy said...

Thanks for sharing this adorable Snowman card with us at the Inspiration Station Challenge BLog...Love it! kathy

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Such a fun, adorable card. Thanks so much for playing with us at Can You Handle The Pressure?.

Pamela said...

Snowflakes!! I LOVE this card (Carol knows me so well LOL!)!
Merry Christmas.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Vickie Y said...

Super cute! Thank you for sharing with us at Peace on Earth Christmas Challenge.

marlies said...

Mooi wat je gemaakt hebt! Zo blij dat je meedoet bij Mixed Media Lovers!
Marlies, DT

MagsB said...

I always enjoy seeing your cards, Aimeslee, and this one is no exception. What a fab snowflake background! I find it quite hard to colour embossed card, so I'm impressed by what you've created! Apologies that my comment is late - this is the time of year when I concentrate so much on Christmas events at Church and preparing for The Big Day that I get confused over what day of the week it is LOL!! What a klutz, eh?

Thanks for joining in at My Time to Craft Christmas and Merry Christmas!

love Mags B x

Margarets designer cards said...

I love your background, plenty of snowflakes for Pamela,
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT

Darlene said...

Me again . . . Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Inspiration Station! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

Darlene
INSPIRATION STATION CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

ahlers5 said...

Love this card...very cute!

Donna Walls said...

I'm popping back by to say Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Funday Challenge.
Donna xx

Lisa said...

Adorabe and love that you added paper to the back! Very cool! Thank you for playing along with us at Caffeinated Christmas!

Chana Malkah said...

Nicely done! The snowflakes are amazing! I would be lost without my Posca pens! Another awesome creation. Thanks for sharing it with us at A Place to Start!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah

foleysfriend said...

Fabulous Christmas card. I love how you are able to mix a variety of styles, supplies and techniques, yet the final product seems so cohesive. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Christmas Challenge.

sue n.

Mandy said...

Aimeslee as always this is such a well made card with so much detail inside and out. Happy New Year, hope it is kind to you and your family

Thank you very much for entering your lovely card into our challenge. Good luck with the prize draw.

Stay healthy, happy, keep crafting and Creating Joy :)

Mandy ♥
DT for The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up
Made By Mandy – My personal Blog

Kim said...

Love snowmen and this card is adorable. I really liked the background with it as well. Thanks for joining the challenge at Crafty Gals Corner.

Antjes kaartcreaties said...

Lovely Christmas card with that cute snowman on the cup Aimeslee. The background is beautifully edited with the posca pens.
Thank you for joining Girlz Rebel Challenge.
Sincerely, Antje
DTGRC