Monday, December 19, 2022

Warm Winter Wishes Snowman

 Hello, hope everyone is comfy and cozy, and getting ready for Christmas Day. 
I want to thank those who have left me encouraging words. I'm slowly getting my joy back, I think. I have been staying busy working on cards I'd planned out and gathered supplies for, but hadn't finshed. Even though I thought a break was what I needed, turns out I just needed to work through it. Now, I'm very nervous about this upcoming winter storm that will hit us Thursday evening. We are neither used to or equipped for that kind of sustained cold weather down here, so everyone is praying it doesn't end up like the February 2021 devastation. Keeping busy with my art is helping distract me bigtime!
Today I have a Christmas card using a pre-colored digital image, so I did no coloring on this one. I usually do snowmen with a cool color paper scheme, so this was fun with so much red.
Supplies Used:
Bazzill Textured card stock for card base
Springhill Digital card for printing digi
Image: The Paper Shelter's pre-colored A Cheerful Snowman and paper
Fancy Pants 6x6 Merry & Bright designer papers
Echo Park 6x6 Coffee designer paper
Altenew sentiment stamped with Versafine Clair and heat-embossed
Spellbinders Classic Scallop Circle die
MFT Photo Corners die
Sakura Stardust metallic glitter gel pen
Nuvo Crystal Glaze
Spellbinders Classic Scallop Rectangle die (inside)
Flourishes sentiment stamped with Versafine Clair ink (inside)
 
I resized this Splitcoaststampers sketch to 6x6 to use as my layout design.
I wanted to give the snowman a cup of coffee but I didn't have a small enough coffee stamp or die. So, I turned to my designer paper to find what I needed and fussy cut a cuppa for him. I stamped and heat-embossed the sentiment and used a metallic gel pen on the snowflakes and cup insignia. I also used some Nuvo Crystal Glaze on the snowman's nose and buttons. I cut the snowman out of his scene with a scallop circle die, then cut the next largest circle out of the red dp, then layered them back on. I added 4 photo corners die cut out of the red dp.
A close-up of the gloss and glitter.
Inside, a sentiment stamped in red on a scallop rectangle die with designer paper mats. The sentiment is also heat-embossed.
And the back of the card, shown with the front for continuity, using the same plaid dp as on the front.
And one last look.
Thanks for visiting!
Stay warm!

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:

24 comments:

Darlene said...

OMG I just love this happy, happy snowman! Nice overall design Aimeslee! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

Darlene
Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

PS ... thanks for also sharing with us over on our Peace on Earth Challenge ... good luck!

Donna Walls said...

This snowman is prepared for the Cold Weather with is hot cup of Coffee or Cocoa! I hope you are spared large amounts of snow and worst of all ICE! I pray for continued electrical service and sending lots of warm crafting wishes! Thanks for sharing with us at The Inspiration Station Challenge.
Donna xx
The Inspiration Station Challenge
The Paper Funday Challenge
**starting 15 January The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

Donna Walls said...

I'm popping back in to say Thanks for linking up at The Paper Funday Challenge!
Donna xx

My name is Erika. said...

What a cute snowman. Using the red makes him very festive also. That's a cool card stand you have too. Is that new? I really like how you have your name on it. I hope you have a wonderful holiday, and the cold you get is not like the one in 2021. You'll be colder than we will be. That is a switch. I know you don't get cold like that so I am guessing it can be overwhelming. It is here when we get it, and we usually get some of that weather every winter. Stay warm and take care. hugs-Erika

Lia said...

The cute snowman is steeling the show on your card!
Lia DT POE

~amy~ said...

Such a fun card! Love how you embellished the back too!
Thanks for joining us at the Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge!

María said...

That snowman is adorable and perfect for the papers you've chosen. I love how you've played with the layers. Thanks for joining us at A Place To Start. Hugs, María.

MeSi said...

Super cute card, I love that image. Thank you for joining The Paper Shelter birthday challenge. Good luck and hope to see you again!

Merja DT
https://kortitjakokkailut.blogspot.com

Lori Podolsky said...

What a happy little snowman! Love your adorable card, Aimeslee. I am very glad that you joined our 12th birthday hop on The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog. Best of luck to you. Have a happy day and Happy Holidays.Hugs, Lori - DT

Bonnie Lynn said...

Your little snowman is so adorable! Love all of the glitter and gloss...thanks for the close up of him.

Alyson Mayo said...

Love that sweet snowman and the partial frame creates a great focal point!

Chana Malkah said...

Delightful! Thanks for stopping by A Place To Start !
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner
Redora Lee Designs , My Blog
A Place to Start , Challenge Blog
613 Avenue Create , Owner

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

I'm so sorry you're not in the Christmas spirit Aimes. And now worry with the weather on top of it. Hugs.

Thank goodness you creating wonderful cards. This colorized card is so cute.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! Aimes, you are so clever, I love your card and the snowman with the fabby paper, but cutting out a cup that small? WOW! A Super card all around as always. Sounds like you are in the same mood as me with Christmas Joy! I had mine with all my family a couple of weeks ago! Now the weather is as wet as me hahaha. I hope your storm doesn't come as bad as expected. Keep safe, warm and cheeeeeeery.
Hugs hugs
Have a wonderful pain free and joyous Christmas.

Kathy said...

I am a fan of "precolored digitals." You have showcased this guy wonderful with your design and paper choices. Love it! Thanks for sharing at the Inspiration Station Challenge Blog. Smiles, Kathy DT

Diane said...

Super cute card and design!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
Diane POE Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Peace On Earth}
{Stencil Fun}

Macimbalo said...

So cute! Thanks for sharing this with us at Caffeinated Christmas Card!

ahlers5 said...

I love this image...so cute!

Jenny L said...

Hi Aimeslee,
what a wonderful card and such a great design too.
Love the i8mage of the snowman and your fab papers used.
Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

Lisa said...

Fun and adorable! Thank you for playing along with us at Caffeinated Christmas!

Cazro said...

Tis is such a sweet card, lots of fun and wonderful choice of papers. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz. I hope you had a lovely Christmas time. Caz. DT.

Valerija said...

Wonderful card with a cute snowman. Thanks for joining our challenge at Vesela hiška.
Valerija DT

Buffy said...

Adorable little snowman.
Thank you for joining in with us at Fab'n'Funky challenges.
Buffy (DT) xx

Chana Malkah said...

Your snowman is so cute! I love how you decorate all the surfaces of your cards! They are fabulous! Thanks for sharing with us at A Place To Start!
Hugz,
Chana