Thursday, November 17, 2022

Thankful Squirrel

 Greetings and Well Wishes to all.
Hard to believe we are just 5 and 1/2 weeks away from Christmas Day, but with leaves and temperatures still falling, I'm focusing on Autumn today with a Thanksgiving card featuring a printed digital collage I made with clip art along with some designer paper/scraps. This cute squirrel is gathering his nutty bounty for the winter and is thankful there is plenty for him!
Supplies Used:
Chatterbox Textured card stock base
Carta Bella 6x6 Fall Break designer paper
Echo Park 6x6 A Perfect Autumn designer paper
DCWV Fall Stack designer paper
Springhill Digital card
Spellbinders Fall Leaves dies
Spellbinders Classic Circle die
Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type Alpha Stickers
Ribbon trim
Avery Elle sentiment stamped with Versafine Clair (inside) 
Versamagic chalk ink for edge distressing
 
I chose the current sketch at Creative Sketchy Girls for my layout design.
I had fun creating the collage in PSE with the squirrel on the stump, trees, pumpkin, mushroom and leaves from the Woodland Autumn digital clip art set, then printing my collage out and fussy cutting. All the images are .png files so layering them in PSE was a breeze. I inked distressed the edges of my papers with chalk ink and added some die cut leaves, some ribbon trim and an alpha sticker sentiment to my paper layers.
Inside the card...
And various Autumn scraps on back...
And the final look. Thanks for visiting me and have a wonderful day, XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
 
I've used Kenna Sato digital clip art

19 comments:

Jocelyn said...

A great card for this time of year. I love the colours you have chosen. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT

Pamela said...

A really fun card Aimeslee. No more mentioning how little time left until Christmas please! I haven't made one card yet - HELP!!!
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Donna Ellis said...

Aimes, you NEVER cease to amaze me in your creative use of patterned papers, colors, layers and shapes. These trees are DARLING. The Aimes Style is a technique all your own, combining collage methodology with whimsy and color - all making a story from front to back! Hoping you are well and enjoying the preparations for the holidays. Thank you for your caring friendship!

huggers,
de

Ellibelle said...

Such a cute scene you created here and the colors are gorgeous! Winter arrived quickly here in my part of the Midwest and we now have snow on the ground. Wasn't ready for it yet so I really enjoy seeing all these pretty fall colors!
Thank you so much for joining us at Four Seasons challenge!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Karen Letchworth said...

WOW! This is so much fun. I'm loving all the bright Autumn colors, the layout, and the sweet images you've incorporated into this beauty. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful art with us at The Four Seasons Challenge Blog. We appreciate your art and hope that you will stop by again soon.
Blessings,
Karen L, DT
The Four Seasons Challenge

For another FUN challenge, come join us at Word Art Wednesday. Always Anything Goes/Family Friendly and lots of great sponsors/prizes. I'd love to have you join us.
www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

Diane said...

OMG, this is is fun, love it!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Four Seasons!
Diane FS Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Four Seasons}

ahlers5 said...

This is so dang cute. I love the papers you used! Love the trees. Perfect card for this time of year. I pulled all my Christmas cards out a few days ago and decided who was getting what card. Today I started writing them out (inside.) I did a little over half. Tomorrow I will finish writing the insides. Then comes the part I don't like is putting them in envelopes and addressing them. After that I print the postage. Then I'm done. I hope to get them done. before Thanksgiving. I actually had enough cards for two years in my stash, but I love making Christmas cards!

Alyson Mayo said...

What an interesting idea to use some clip art for a card - very cool!

My name is Erika. said...

You've got to love a squirrel, and this one is super cute. What a fun clip art set. I bet that squirrel is thankful for that big acorn. I'd be thankful if a pumpkin pie magically appeared in my fridge right now. Don't ask me why I suddenly want a slice with whipped cream. Anyhow, loving your car. This one is really playful. hugs-Erika

Donna Walls said...

That little squirrel is adorable and I love your card design. Thanks for playing along with us at The Paper Funday Challenge.
Donna xx
The Paper Funday Challenge
The Inspiration Station Challenge

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely card with the squirrel, a very autumn card with the fun element
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT

stampinwithanita said...

Very fun autumnal card! Wonderful layering! Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenges!

Jana Forrest said...

Aimslee this is fabulous! Love all the elements. Thanks for linking up with us over at Penny's Challenge. Best of luck, DT~Jana Forrest

Janice said...

A fabulous autumnal card! Thank you for sharing with us at Scribbles Designs, we hope you can join us again soon ~ Janice, Inspiration Team

Carol said...

Love this. So much to see.
Hugs
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

Donna Parrott said...

What a great project! Thanks for joining in with a Polkadoodles challenge, Donna P (DT)

Jennifer Kotas said...

What a fabulous project! I love how colorful it is. Thanks for joining the Stay Crafty Challenge!

sweetpea said...

What a fun card. Thanks for sharing it with us at the Classic Design Challenge Janet DT

sweetpea said...

Really lovely. Thanks for sharing it with us at the Classic Design Challenge Janet DT