Monday, November 14, 2022

Spooky Slimline

 Monday greetings and well wishes. I've got my first Halloween card made for next year. I try to make at least one a month to play in the various year-round Halloween themed challenges. So I decided to get this month's out of the way. I've hand-stamped and used paper scraps and extra die cuts from my stash. The idea for this card actually began with trying to use up neon orange and white die cut flowers.
Supplies Used:
White Recollections card
Karen Foster and Making Memories designer paper scraps
Neon orange copy paper
Paper Artsy Stamps (Man (zombie??) and Poe quote)
Alpha Stamps Sugar Skull
Miscellaneous sentiment and flower stamps (inside)
Versafine Clair ink
HOTP flower dies
Sizzix Star dies
Avery Elle Signature Seal die
Spellbinders Classic Circle dies
Washi tape
Colorants: Promarkers, Star Dust gel pens, Distress Crayons
 
I chose this Splitcoaststampers slimline sketch for my layout design.
The inside of the card...
And the back shown with the front.
Close-up of this very creepy but interesting dude...
Close-up of the sentiment quote and sugar skull with die cut flower headdress...
And final view of the card. I have neon orange #10 envelopes, so I Matchy-Match.
😂
Actually, I leapt at the chance to use one up (a what-was-I-thinking purchase).
Well, that's it for me. Thanks for the visit and have a great day!

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
 

9 comments:

ahlers5 said...

Good idea making them early if you need quite a few. It definitely has a spooky look. Next year I'll need four. One for each grandchild. I have just about given up on challenges. I have to enter my DT card in challenges, though. I find it is so much work to look for the challenges. Maybe I'll change my mind sometime, who knows.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a wonderful and scary card Aimes. We don't have much Halloween celebrations around here, we wouldn't have known it was going on except for costumes in the Supermarket. I Love you used orange envelopes too. I guess we have all made purchases like that, hahaha. Used – at last!
Hope you're OK.
Faith x

Bonnie Lynn said...

Aimeslee this is so freaking cool!!! It would also be perfect for day of the dead celebrations too. Fabulous card and love the neon orange envelope too.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Oh my. Halloween eh!? Excellent beauty. I love Day of the Dead skulls. So much work went into this. But then you put extra charm on all your cards.

Diane said...

Wow, what a fabulous slimline card this is!!! Thank you for joining Two Old Bats for our year round Halloween challenge. Did you know there is another Halloween challenge you can join in as well as ours, it's called
The Most Magical Time of The Year and is all about Halloween and Christmas, not our challenge but a fun new one!
Diane TOB Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Two Old Bats}

Here is the link for the other one
https://mostmagicaltimeoftheyear.blogspot.com/

Diane Louise J said...

Hello... thanks for entering your Halloween card into the 'bright on dark' challenge at MAWTT. Good luck and hope you will join us again. Diane Louise (Team Leader) x

My name is Erika. said...

Boy you made that upper face spooky. I have that stamp, and I really like what you did with it. I also have some of that same check designed Halloween paper you used on the back. It's fun to hit some of the "old" stuff, isn't it? And you commented on my chips and salsa/margarita page about not enough salsa. My husband said the same thing-smile. Hope the damp air is gone and you have a great weekend. hugs-Erika

Furrbster said...

These are wonderful!!

Thanks for joining in my bright on dark challenge at MAWTT,

Hugz Tinz

Mary M said...

LOL, LOVE your card! Thanks for joining us for November's Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge.