Sunday, November 13, 2022

Happy Birthday / Happy Thanksgiving

 Happy Sunday to you. Hope everyone's been having a good weekend.
Today I am sharing one card celebrating both a birthday and our American Thanksgiving holiday. It's for my dear mother-in-law, whose birthday is often on Thanksgiving or just a few days after. She likes my watercoloring, so that's what I did.
😁
Supplies Used:
Springhill Digital card
Watercolor Paper
Basic Grey Perhaps 12x12 designer papers
Cardstock scraps
Power Poppy digi Hellebores
Watercolor Paints & Metallic Watercolor Paints
Amazon vertical Happy Birthday die
MFT Scribble Roses die
Hero Arts Thankful For You stamp
Versafine Clair ink
Stamplorations Wonky Stitch Rectangle die (inside)
Wink of Stella, metallic gel pens & glitter markers
Viva Decor Pearl paint pen
 
I chose this Splitcoaststampers sketch for my layout design, resizing it to a 6x6" square card.
I began by using my regular cheapo watercolors to create a soft pastel background on wetted watercolor paper.
I switched to my metallic watercolors to paint the image where I was able to add some gold across the bottom and silver here and there on some of the flower pedals and in the water glass. I added some glitter with my pens. On the die cut Scribble Roses adorning the vertical sentiment, I added gel penning and some paint pen pearls.
Inside, some of the BG Perhaps and a digital sentiment created by me in PSE on a die cut scrap of green
On back, more of that BG paper and a stamped and circle-punched siggie.
And final view. Thanks for visiting and here's to a stellar week ahead, XOXO
MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
Watercoloring

26 comments:

Pamela said...

I love the watercolor background you've created as well as the wonderful coloring job you did. Thank you for playing with us at C4Galz!

Alyson Mayo said...

This is so beautiful - your watercolouring is soft and gentle, perfect for the floral arrangement. I’m sure the recipient will love this!

My name is Erika. said...

Beautiful flowers Aimeslee. This is a lovely card for a birthday around Thanksgiving. Have a great new week. hugs-Erika

My name is Erika. said...

Can you tell my brain just isn't here? Smile. Thanks for sharing with us at TIOT.

Donna Walls said...

Gorgeous image and watercoloring. I'm certain your MIL will love it! Thanks for playing along at the Polkadoodles Digi Chooday Challenge.
Donna xx

Diane said...

Beautiful water coloring, I can see why she likes it and she will love this one!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Double D}

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful flower arrangement and lovely colouring, making a very pretty card,
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT

ahlers5 said...

Wow, your water coloring is just perfect! You did such a beautiful job. I absolutely love this card!

Mrs.B said...

A beautiful card Aimeslee, love that pretty floral image and it's coloured beautifully.
Your mother-in-law will love this.
Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday,
Avril xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I'm sure your MiL will absolutely LOVE your card Aimes, it's beautiful, love your colouring, the insert, and the back. I love your use of the metallic colours and the vertical sentiment also. Hope all is OK with you my friend.
Faith x

Bonnie Lynn said...

Aimeslee, I LOVE your watercoloring!! Wow! Your mother-in-law is going to love it!!!

Rose Andrew said...

Gorgeous card.. beautifully coloured .
Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday Craft Challenge
Good Luck
Rose DT

Carol said...

A beautiful card Aimeslee. There is no end to your talents. Beautifully painted. I am sure your MIL is going to love it.

I dabbled in some watercolour painting and would like to get back to it sometime. But when?
Hugs
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

Mia said...

Beautiful card, Aimeslee! Lovely watercoloring. Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Try it on Tuesday. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
Mia
Designer for Try it on Tuesday
craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

Nunzia Carusio said...

Wonderful design, that is such a wonderful watercoloring! Thanks for sharing your card at Polkadoodles.
Nunzia DT

Let's Art Journal said...

What a beautiful card! I love the design and your painted it so beautifully 😊. Thanks so much for joining us at Creative Artiste! Hugs Jo x

Pamela said...

A beautiful card that I'm sure MIL will love.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Creaine said...

So glad you’ve joined our challenge at Mixed Media Lovers! I just love what you’ve made. Hope to see you again next time.
Blogowner: Ine http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

Kim said...

Absolutely beautiful card! I love your watercolored background. Thank you for joining us for the Polkadoodles Saturday Crafting Challenge! Hope to see you again soon! Xoxo, Kim DT

Seafield Jo said...

I'm not surprised she loves your watercolouring - it's beautiful. A really lovely card.

Thanks for sharing with us.

Jo
CD Sunday Plus DT

marlies said...

Great card you have made! So glad you joined Mix Media Lovers!
Marlies, DT

Pamela Duncan said...

Neat way to celebrate the American holiday. Love your vertical Happy Birthday die also. Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge we really appreciate you joining in.

Pam, DT



Rachel said...

Beautiful watercolor! Thanks for playing at the Mix It Up Challenge blog!

Chana Malkah said...

Beautiful work, Aimeslee! Thanks for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
Hugz,
Chana

Ellibelle said...

Such pretty watercoloring with the shimmer paint, a truly amazing card, so beautiful inside and out!
Thank you so much for joining in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Essie said...

What a beautiful rendition of these hellebores! Thanks so much for joining us at Power Poppy's Blossom Challenge.