Sunday, November 20, 2022

Grateful for That Seventies Vibe

 Hi again, hope all is well. Second time for me today, but I have been forgetting to post this card for challenges and I best do it while I thought of it and before I forget again.
😁
A little different look from me, so let me explain. This is for a friend who will love it. She quilts and sews and loves pattern mixes and The Seventies, which we lived through as teens/young adults. Growing up, there was always a tabletop pumpkin and sunflower display sitting on a patchwork quilt runner in the front foyer of our house every Fall. Lately, I've been waxing nostalgic about that time, maybe because inflation was raging back then too, but also because styles and colors from back then have triggered my memories. Think avocado green and harvest gold appliances, crocheted knit blankets, happy sunny flowers. So, I went for those feels and threw them into this card.  
Supplies Used:
Jan's Digi Stamps Pumpkin Blessings  pre-colored image
Color Mates and Springhill Digital card stocks
Ciao Bella The Seventies 6X6 Designer Paper
Basic Grey Origins 6X6 Designer Paper (inside)
Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type alpha stickers
Quickutz Nested Hexagon dies
Momenta flower and leaf dies
Brown brads from stash
Chalk ink for ink distressing paper edges
 
For my layout design I went with the current challenge sketch at Creative Sketchy Girls, resizing to 6X6 in PSE, as shown.
The current challenge at Inspiration Station is called Golden Fields with a photo of sunflowers, so I chose the floral papers from the Ciao Bella collection, layering them to represent a golden field of flowers. Jan's image has a few sunflowers, so I added 3 more die cut ones in place of the stars in the sketch, bradding 2 flowers together and adding a leaf. 
Inside, I matted with 2 sheets of the Basic Grey and stamped an Avery Elle sentiment with Versamark Clair ink.
On back, more the Ciao Bella papers and a stamped and circle-punched siggie.
And a final look. Gosh, wish I still had my pet rock and mood ring.
😎
Thanks for the visit - Have a great Sunday!
XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:

16 comments:

ahlers5 said...

This has such a beautiful mix of images and papers. I had avocado appliances in my first house. I did not care for that at all, even back then!

Donna Walls said...

I love all the Autumn-y elements of this card. I remember my mother getting a new stove and refrigerator in that 70's gold color....and she was so proud! Thanks for sharing your lovely project with us at The Inspiration Station Challenge.
Donna xx
The Inspiration Station Challenge
The Paper Funday Challenge

Karen C said...

Love those pumplins!! Crazy busy papers, how fun! Well done! So glad you shared with us at Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge!
Hugs,
Karen C

Alyson Mayo said...

Wow - there is so much going on (just like decor from the seventies!) Great mix of patterns and elements :)

Jan Mahew said...

Thank you Aimeslee for showcasing my "Pumpkin Blessings" on your fall creation and sharing it with others. The shapes and layers add interest to the composition. Hope to see you again soon. Good Luck and Happy crafting!
Hugs,
Jan
(Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

Marianne said...

beautiful card, very seventies indeed, looking at your card , in my mind i can see a seventies interior.

Diane said...

Please send me your info for your prize win at Double D, my computer wiped out ALL my saved mail for some reason and I need your address, am going to mail today, am including a little extra for my being so late, but we had 3 feet of snow and now we went from 13 degrees to in the 40s, ugh!! Roads are finally clear and I can get out, so when I went to get your address the email was gone, you don't have to post this lol, my email is dianegreghov@att.net and as soon as I get your info I will send it out! So sorry for the delay, but weather wise it happens, have a great day!!

Bonnie Lynn said...

A different vibe from you, yes, but oh so beautiful!! Reminds me of a couple of patchwork quilts my husband's aunt made that we have tucked away. I hope you're having a good day my friend.

Arlene said...

What a great card for a quilter! So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our November "Anything Goes" challenge.

BreAnn L. said...

So pretty!

My name is Erika. said...

This is just a gorgeous card Aimeslee. I am almost glad I missed it until this Thanksgiving Day as it is perfect for the holiday. Hope yours is wonderful. hugs-Erika

craftytrog said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Your friend will adore it!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for playing along with Paper Funday Challenges.

Margreet said...

Love your seventies card with the patchwork effect. Great take on the sketch.
Thanks for joining us at Cheerful Sketches.
xxx Margreet

Jennifer Kotas said...

I love all of the patterns and shapes on this card! Thanks for joining the Stay Crafty Challenge!

Chana Malkah said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing at A Place to Start!
Hugz,
Chana