Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Did Someone Say Cake?

Hello! Hope all is well with you. Last post I mentioned the inflation we are experiencing, in America and across the pond. Now I know it's getting bad: my credit card companies are suddenly sending me blank checks and pin numbers for cash advances, and they are legit. I pay our balances off monthly and have for decades; we don't even use the ATM to get cash, we go to the bank. So it's annoying to me to get this stuff in the mail. But it's a sign that things are not good for so many out there and my prayers are with them. Maybe it's my accounting background talking, but I feel a bad recession coming on, if it's not already here. 
I really hope I'm wrong!
Well, that's enough negativity for one post. On to some art! 
I have a birthday guy card to share today. 
Supplies Used:
Mirtillamente Blueberry Happy Birthday Slice digi
Papertrey Ink Journal Tab die
MFT Stax Pierced Rectangle die (inside)
Avery Elle sentiment (front) (and cake and sentiment inside) stamped with Versafine Clair ink
Uniko stamped sentiment (inside)
Promarkers and gel pens to color
Star stickers
Pink Paislee Birthday Bash designer papers
Prima Pretty Pale designer paper (inside)
Recollections, SU and Springhill Digital card stocks
Gold parchment paper (inside)
 
I used this Splitcoaststampers sketch, resizing to A9 size, for my layout design.
I colored the image with Promarkers, then did some accenting with my gel pens. I tried to keep the colors masculine and Honey says I did good. 😎
I matted the inside with some Prima paper and then cut some gold parchment with an MFT rectangle die, on which I stamped the Uniko and Avery Elle sentiments/cake for a little pun. The recipient is a friend of both of ours and I can just hear him chuckling. 😊
On back more of the Pink Paislee papers placed like the sketch front, and a stamped and circle-punched siggie colored with Promarkers.
Here's a close-up to try to show the gel-penning glitter and shine.
And a final look.
Thanks for the visit! 
Hope that you are able to get your holiday fixings without breaking your bank account. It's just the two of us again this year and neither of us are big turkey fans. So we are having air fryer country-style ribs with scalloped potatoes, mixed greens and Jiffy corn muffins for Turkey Day. We aren't making our usual Corn Casserole dish, though, so I thought I'd share the recipe here if anyone is looking for a super-delicious & easy dish.
CORN CASSEROLE
XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:

18 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A bright and cheerful Birthday card, love the image too. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.
Lorraine

Donna Walls said...

Fun and colorful birthday card, well done. I couldn't agree more with you Aimeslee. And with the hiolidays approaching, more and more will take advantage of those high interest cash advances to buy gifts. The cost of my simple Thanksgiving meal this year almost made me faint at the checkout.

Donna Walls said...

HaHa,,I think I forgot to say Thanks for playing at the Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge!
Donna xx

Diane said...

Beautiful birthday card, love the design! Thank you for joining our challenge at Colorful Options!
Diane CO DT
{Nellies Nest}
{Colorful Options}

Jan Mahew said...

Scrumptious, Aimslee! Count me in on cake... Beautiful composition. Thank you for sharing your festive creation with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. Good Luck and Happy Crafting!
Hugs,
Jan
(Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

Rose Andrew said...

Beautiful and fabulous card, happy and bright
Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday Craft Challenge
Good Luck
Rose DT

ahlers5 said...

Cute card. I love the balloons. I get checks every month from my bank. I usually just tear them in half.

My name is Erika. said...

Can you tell I haven't been with it as I've missed several posts? Jeepers creepers I'm bad. I know what you mean, I keep getting credit card applications in the mail. Nope, what I have is enough. I am sure people are charging up more than they can pay off for this Christmas, and it must be hard for folks who can't make it on their paychecks or retirement income. This is such a fun birthday card. I love the balloons. And the cake isn't too shabby either. I especially like the little tab with the cake question? That would be me? Hee-hee. hugs-Erika

Donna Ellis said...

so so soooooooo cute! I love the balloon details, and that you have colored every inch. One thing I really enjoy is when you use a sketch, and place your card beside it so we can see how you employed it, Aimes. Like you, we are fortunate to use and pay-off credit cards each month. However, We received those kinds of checks from all our banks even back in the 70s. So it's not really a new concept, but yes, I don't like anything financial to be delivered in my mail. So that is annoying. I feel badly for hardworking people who have had to resort to carrying balances, and hope things soon look up for them. On a positive note, it seems more families are becoming creative with their holidays, and making memories, rather than spending lots of money on "stuff".
Wishing you and yours a very Happy Thanksgiving, Aimes!
And now for my other hat:
So happy I got to see your creation at Jan’s Digi Stamp Challenges . Thanks for the inspiration, and I hope to see more of your designs soon.
Crafting Smiles,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

Furrbster said...

Great card,

Thanks for joining in my bright on dark challenge at MAWTT and also playing along at I Love Promarkers

Hugz Tinz

Alyson Mayo said...

Great centre panel to showcase the cake and all its elements - thanks for sharing with us at HSL Birthday :)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Hiya Aimes, Another Super card, love the cake, looks yummy and happy too with the balloons. Always finished so perfectly with the insert and back, a joy on every face of the card. Thanks for your lovely comment, Hoarder, nah! I just have things from a Loooooong time ago hahaha. I hope your weather is a little warmer as you expected, ours is up and down atm, with lashing rain. It feels colder than it is with no sun.
I hope that Arfur is staying away, and thanks for the recipe, Hubby doesn't like most of what is good for him, so can't use the recipe, sorry, looks yummy to me.
Take care, stay warm
Faith x

craftytrog said...

A great birthday card Aimeslee!

Jenny L said...

Hi Aimeslee,
this is a wonderful Birthday card and such a super design too.
Love the bright on dark paper used and your stamped image is coloured wonderfully as well.
Yes very hard times for some people my Granddaughter's husband's company he worked at has gone bust and she is not sure he is going to get paid this month and I am sure there are a lot more out there like that and my heart goes out to anyone suffereing hardships at the moment.
Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge and always playing along.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Megan J said...

Hi Aimeslee, a fun card for your friend's birthday, love the cake and sentiment you have included on the inside. I live in Australia and was grocery shopping the other day when someone asked for a Thanksgiving desert, the shop assistant had to send her looking at multiple cake shops as Thanksgiving is an American holiday and not celebrated here. Thank you for sharing with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, good luck in the prize draw... Megan DT LPoCF

Wendy L said...

Things are bad everywhere, sadly, prices going crazy here in Spain too.
Gorgeous happy card, thanks for joining us at the MAWTT challenge xx

Pattie G said...

What a cute image and I love how you colored it! Thanks for joining us at Pattie's Creations Design Challenge.

Dawn Frost said...

Very cute! Thanks for joining Colour Crazy Challenges, good luck, Dawn DT!