Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Viking Birthday

 A Tuesday hello, lovely bloggers.  A real, honest-to-goodness cool front has blown in and although it's causing my allergies/sinuses to clap back, I'm happy it's here for a couple of days.
So, here I am with a birthday card for one of my many nephews. Although I'm using papers normally used for summer, the colors are autumnal and hey, every season hits the beach! 😀 I'm using The Paper Shelter digital papers and image that is all pre-colored. I did not do any coloring. I've not been too steady with my fingers and pincer grip lately, so not having to color has been a blessing. This was a pretty simple card to make, after sizing the papers in PSE, printing out, cutting and die cutting.
SUPPLIES USED:
The Paper Shelter's Viking Vacation image and backing paper (inside and on back)
TPS Lifeguard On Duty 2 backing paper (on front)
TPS Hippie Van backing paper (inside)
Creative Dies Nested Octagonal dies
MFT sentiment
Versafine Clair ink
Clear embossing powder for sentiment
Inside, I created a sentiment in PSE before printing out.
On back, same backing paper as the front, but right side up this time, and a stamped and punched siggie.
And a final look. The Paper Shelter's challenge this week is to Alter your image in some way. Not only did I crop the viking image, but I also on purpose used the backing paper upside down on front! Well, it looked better that way, lol.
Thanks for visiting! XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
I cropped the Viking image and then used the backing paper upside for the background :-)
Octagons, squares, circles, lines and swirls
Squares, circles, swirls
A go-to technique for me when my arthritic hands hurt is to use digital images/papers

18 comments:

Lori Podolsky said...

Hi Aimeslee, Such a fabulous card. Your nephew will love it; I do! Thank you for joining our "Alter It" challenge on The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog. Good luck, and hope to see you again. Hugs, Lori - DT

Lia said...

What a gorgeous card you made. The viking is hilarious!!
Lia DT TSOC

Ilonka said...

So beautiful your card. Thank you for sharing at The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog.
Hugs Ilonka DT

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Maybe no colouring Aimes, but it takes time to put everything together, and I think it takes a designer too. I LOVE your card and, I'm sure your nephew will love his fun and colourful card too.
Hope you're feeling better soon.
Faith x

Bonnie Lynn said...

Your card is freaking awesome!! Yes, all seasons hit the beach! I love your card my friend. Hopefully, your fingers start to ease up so you can color again. Isn't having a cold front going through a lot of fun? Our temps are finally dropping to "slightly" above average high 80's to low 90's. Next week we're supposed to drop 20 degrees.

Alyson Mayo said...

That is one cute Viking - if a Viking can be cute! Love the autumn colour scheme that you used as well.

My name is Erika. said...

This guy is a pretty fun Viking. I love those big sunglasses and the surfboard. I like him. And you asked in a comment if I have CSU? Yes. They are more just chronic urticaria, but I've spent just over 5 years dealing with them. Time for them to stop. Have a great middle of the week, and hope it's not too cold in your area. hugs-Erika

Heidi said...

Supercute! Love it! Hugs Heidi TPS DT

Diane said...

What a fun character your viking is, fabulous card! Thank you for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood!
Diane TSH DT
{Nellies Nest}
{The Sisterhood}

dj said...

Fantastic card for your nephew...I'm sure he will love it!! Thanks for playing along with our "fall colors" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! You nailed the colors and created a perfectly masculine card.

Jane said...

Bold and bright and wonderful. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

ahlers5 said...

What a great card. I love every page of it! So cool.

Judy McKay said...

Great card. Love the Viking image and all your lovely details. Thank you for joining us at A Place to Start this month Hope tp see you back her again soon. Judy DT

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Definitely you need a break with your hands. Your card is so colourful and I love it. Cold front, eh. Hopefully your allergies are still gone away

Julie B said...

What a super image, it makes a fun masculine card. Love the sentiment on the inside too! Thanks for joining us at Cardz4Guyz. :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super fun card! Love all the bright colors and of course the cute digi. Thanks for joining in at AAA Birthday

Judy McKay said...

Love your card. Love the selection of colours and design. Thank you for joining us at A Place to Start this month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

Giorgia - Nel mondo di Jo said...

Ahahah This card is too nice and cheerful! I like! Thanks for playing AAA Birthday, I hope to see you participate in the next challenges!