Monday, October 17, 2022

Ghostly Haunts!

Monday greetings to you! Sending well wishes to all!
I've another Halloween card to share. I used a pre-colored image -- I did no coloring on this one.
SUPPLIES USED:
The Paper Shelter digi set Halloween Ghost image and backing paper
Color Mates black card base and card stock for dies
KI Memories grape card stock
Springhill Digital white card stock
Pink By Design and Inkadinkado sentiments
Purple Passion Versafine Clair ink
Clear embossing powder
Art Impressions Cats mini-dies
Quickutz Bats die
Lawn Fawn Everyday Sentiment Banner dies
Crafters Companion Gemini Square Torn Edge nesting dies
Gina Marie tiny purple rhinestones
Black chalk ink for edge distressing
Karen Foster ghost scrapbook paper (inside)
American Crafts Spooky Boo designer paper (on back)
 
I used this Splitcoaststampers sketch for my layout design, but resized it in PSE to a 6X6 square.
The challenge this week at The Paper Shelter is to alter your image in some way, so I chose to do a faux or cheater's version of the Tripe Time Stamping Technique. I printed out the focal image at 4x4" and then later decided to use the backing paper in the set as the background for the card front, so that was printed out at 6x6" and trimmed. I still think it all lined back up pretty darn well! I die cut both digis with torn-edge square dies and inked the edges black. This spooky ghost has her haunting posse of bats and black cats ready to go!
Inside, I matted both sides with some very old Karen Foster scrapbooking ghost paper and then used Purple Passion Versafine Clair ink to stamp Pink By Design and Inkadinkado sentiments.
On back, a sheet of designer paper from American Crafts Spooky Boo collection, a scrap of the purple from front and a colored stamped and punched siggie.
The Close-up. You can see the tiny purple rhinestones giving off a sparkle, but I was never able to get a shot of them with the heat-embossed sentiment's shine. 😒
And a final look. Thanks for visiting and I hope your week goes well, XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
I've used TPS's Halloween Ghost set and altered it by cropping the image and doing a faux triple time stamping technique layering using the background paper
Squares in squares in squares
Squares in squares in squares

23 comments:

Pamela said...

That's a clever trick with the backing papers. A great Halloween card.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

pearshapedcrafting said...

I see the sparkle! I love the colours you used!Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday, hugs, Chrisx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Wow this is amazing! What a creative imagination - I love it! Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Shelter and good luck in the draw! Hugs Susan

Seafield Jo said...

A fabulous spooky card. I love the dies you've used too.
Thanks for joining us.
Jo
CD Sunday Plus DT

Carol said...

Love the card. In fact, I went back to The Paper Shelter and bought more. But, I especially love the ghost paper inside.
Hugs etc.
Carol xx
CD Sunday D

My name is Erika. said...

I'm covered in hives and not very comfortable, so I'm a bit behind. But I wanted to stop by and thank you for joining TIOT. What a fun card. I love your ghostly/witchy just plain perfect for Halloween lady. I hope all is well with you. Hugs-Erika

Becca Sadler said...

Aimeslee: Squares on squares on squares has made your Halloween card to really stand out visually. The purple and black combination certainly aids to the dramatic look! Thanks for participating in MTTC's Geometric theme! --Becca/DT

Lori Podolsky said...

Very creative and awesome card, Aimeslee. Glad you joined our challenge on The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog. Hope to see you again, and good luck. Hugs, Lori - DT

Ilonka said...

So beautiful your card. Thank you for sharing at The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog.
Hugs Ilonka DT

Bonnie Lynn said...

Fantastic job lining up that background paper! I love how your card turned out.

Alyson Mayo said...

That’s a very cool image and I love the darker background. I haven’t figured out how to resize digital images properly… yet another skill to master!

Granmargaret said...

Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at The Paper Shelter and at Creative Fingers. Hope to see you again next time.

valscraftings said...

FaBOOlous! Love the colours!

Thank you for joining us at Paper Dragonfly Creative Challenge! Val DT
https://paperdragonflycreativechallenges.blogspot.com/

Donna Walls said...

Another wonderful car Aimeslee. I love the design layout and that cute image. Thanks for playing along in The Paper Funday Challenge, we appreciate the support.
Donna xx
The Paper Funday Challenge
The Inspiration Station Challenge

Jackie C said...

Thanks so much for sharing with us at Mirtillamente, we love to see everybody’s entries. We are a home for creativity! Good luck and do come back!
Hugs,
Jackie,
Mirtillamente DT

Renske Wishes You said...

Great card. Love how all things match together. Thank you for joining us at the Penny's Paper-Crafty challenge blog. Good luck with your entry.

Hugs, Renske DT Penny's Paper-Crafty

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Hauntingly beautiful

Helma said...

Great card I like it. Thanks for joining the challenge. Greetings Helma Dt Creative Moments.

Nikki said...

I really like the layers that you have added to your card front.
Paper Funday Challenge DT

SarahR said...

Hello again, back this time to admire this one of your Halloween cards and super cute it is too! Love it! Thanks for joining in with us this month at Crafty Calendar Challenge. Sarah - DT

Larelyn said...

Such a great technique and fabulous design. Thanks for sharing at Pearly Sparkles.

Judy V said...

Fabulous creation! Thanks for joining our "Halloween Colors" challenge at Crafty Gals Corner!

Helen said...

Very clever and effective layout.

Thanks for joining us at Creative Moments.

Helen x
DT