Friday, July 29, 2022

Time Travel Birthday Train

 Hey there, me again. Happy FriYay! I'm still feeling better and I hope you are all feeling good and looking forward to the weekend. 
I'm sharing a birthday card today using the Gecko Galz July Steampunk Challenge image. I'm adding to my stash of guy cards and kept the colors monochrome-ish browns and black in line with the focal image and only a pop of golden orange for the SU card base, mat and the colored sentiment. I also kept it flat for mailing.
This is the original  Gecko Galz image. After resizing, I added the Time Travel Birthday Train Sentiment in PSE, then printed out on Springhill Digital card.
 
This Splitcoaststamper sketch was my map for my layout design, shown with my A7 card so you can see how I followed it. 
The patterned papers I used are from the 7Gypsies Paddington and Ecogreetings Retro collections. I added the hand-stamped Clear Dollar Another Birthday? and All Aboard sentiments to the focal image with Pinecone Versafine Clair ink. I also used the ink to stamp the round Wild Rose Studio sentiment. I then clear heat-embossed it and layered it onto a Sizzix Big Gear die, cut from a recycled postcard I received in the mail. I colored part of the sentiment with a Zig Clean Color brush marker.
Inside the card, I've used the VF Clair ink to hand-stamp a mash up of Fiskars, IBFS and Besotted stamps.
The back with the front to show continuity. I used scraps from the front, another Sizzix gear die cut colored with a Zig Clean Color and a stamped/punched siggie.
And final view.  
Now, I also have a food recipe to share for Rain's Thursday Art and Dinner Date
It's a refreshing Bacon, Cucumber and Tomato Salad from Deep South Dish. It was the perfect accompaniment to a double decker BLT, taco chips, pickled okra and grapes the other day for dinner, so I snapped this photo. Let me know if you try it.
Thanks for the visit and stay safe and cool! XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
I recycled a thick cardstock mailer postcard to cut the gear dies I used on front and back
I've gone to bithdays/places/memories in Time

17 comments:

Cathy said...

Thank you for joining The Male Room challenge. I like how you layered the paper under main image.

Julie B said...

Great use of the sketch and the sentiments inside are great too. Thanks for linking up at Cardz4Guyz. :)

Tone K. said...

So cool, stylish and though card! :) Great patterned paper and image :)
Thanks a lot for joining us at Let`s Craft and Create :)

dj said...

Fantastic masculine card to add to your stash...I love that image!! Way to go using up that thick mailer for your gears!! Great take on our "recycle something" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!!

Jennifrann said...

Love all the inside sentiments! They go perfectly with this fabulous time travel train card! That salad looks yummy too!

Catie Cuddles said...

Superb work. Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge blog.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT

Pamela said...

it's always nice to find something we can used in our stash for our card making. TY for joining us at C4Guyz

Maria Valente said...

Wonderful! Thanks for joining us at Penny's Challenges! xx Mary

Jane said...

Oooo a time travel birthday train! Now that really would be a fantastic treat, but would I go forwards or backwards in time? Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

Michelle Lupton said...

Cool card! Thanks so much for joining in with the Stay Crafty challenge with A Blog Named Hero :)

Pamela said...

I like steampunk and that 'train' image is great! Love the finished card!
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

My name is Erika. said...

I really like that time travel image and how you used it aimeslee. I have that same black and white clock paper you used in the background. I think it was from 7Gypsies. It works great the way you laid out your front and back pieces. I'm off to go on A Mystery date. Hugs-Erika

Seafield Jo said...

A great card, lovely choice of colours.
Jo
CD Sunday Plus DT

Carol said...

A fab card Aimeslee. The steampunk image is perfect and the whole card concept is great. Love the recipe too. I am a big crispy bacon fan (in fact had some for supper last night) but I will give the pickled okra a miss.
Hugs
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

Pat K said...

Fabulous card. Wonderful design...lunch looks pretty yummy too. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky. Pat K xx

Chana Malkah said...

Thanks so much for a fabulous entry into our challenge at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Another stunning card. You use the most imaginative images. So, I'm jumping in to and am looking to track down this train image too. You are such an inspiration to me Aimes--Bethie