Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Have a Mer-Merry Christmas

 Hey there, Happy Wednesday, hope all are well. I've had a good last few days. Knock wood it continues for awhile longer! πŸ™
I'm popping in with another Christmas card, featuring a merry Gecko Galz mermaid digital collage image. Before I printed it, I added the sentiment in PSE. Since mermaids are not usually a Christmas holiday character, I went completely non-traditional with the colors. 
 
The current Sweet Sketch Sunday 2 Sketch #232 which I followed for my layout design is originally a 6x6 sketch, but I resized it in PSE to be a half sheet card (A9). I've shown them all here so you can see how I followed the sketch. I substituted a blue wavy QK die cut for the sketch ribbon element. 
I started with a white Recollections heavyweight card base. I used very old Mod and American Traditional Designs patterned papers that believe it or not were part of Christmas collections back in their day (prior to 2010). The netting at the corners of the focal image is a die, as are the blue waves and all the sea life elements at bottom. I added star stickers and star sequins. I used Smooch paints to color the netting and sea life. I used gold glitter pen on the focal image tree and metallic glitter pen on the mermaid's hair. Last step was to squeeze some Liquid Pearls out onto a craft sheet and use an embossing stylus tool to make dots on the patterned paper's snowflakes. I saw a Wendy Vecchi video where she shows how to do it HERE, so I tried it and will do it again in the future because the dots are less dense and dry a lot more quickly than by using the bottle direct to paper. Since the vast majority of my cards have to be mailed, the flatter dot is something I can use. 
Inside, more of the Mod paper and a computer-generated sentiment printed on lime green copy paper.
The back of the card shown with the front for continuity check. A blue wave scrap and the stamped and punched siggie I use.



Close ups of the shiney and glittery parts of the card.
And final view. Thanks for the visit today! Stay safe and cool, XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
I used netting, wave and sea life dies
New: Dots technique, Netting die, Gecko Galz image
Old: Everything else!

25 comments:

Becca Sadler said...

Aimeslee: What an unique Christmas card! Thanks for taking those angled photos to capture the glimmer and shine! The idea of an under the sea coral tree topped with a starfish is adorable! Thanks for linking to both MTTC and MTTCC! We appreciate your loyal support! --Becca/DT

Deanna Mulder said...

What a great card, love it Great Christmas image, so cute. Thanks for playing along with us at Let's Craft and Create. Deanna DT.

Jennifer Lewis said...

What a cute and fun Christmas image! I love all the sparkle!

Cindy C. said...

Very unique design with lots of beautiful details!! Thanks for linking up to our July challenge gallery at Die Cut Divas.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WELL! What can I say, I haven't seen a mermaid Christmas card before, but why not, with the beauty of all the details, and brilliant sentiments, the shine, it really works so well, gave me a smile too.
re my not being able to access Blogger? Someone told me about the "Reading List" something I hadn't seen before! duh! I can now access blogs. Also yes! I have you on follow.it
Good to hear you're OK the last few days, I hope the Turmeric and Curcumin will continue to do you good.
Keep well
Faith x

Darlene said...

What a unique holiday card my friend! Great thinking! Looks awesome! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth Christmas challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!!

Darlene
PEACE ON EARTH CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Jane Savage said...

Stunning underwater card proving mermaids celebrate Christmas too! πŸ™‚
Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Gem of a Challenge! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things! xxx

In The Dark Designs said...

Bright and beautiful. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.

Donna Walls said...

I love this Vintage 1950's style mermaid and the color palette is wonderful! Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Funday Challenge!
Donna
The Paper Funday Challenge
The Inspiration Station Challenge
XX

Vickie Y said...

What a fun Christmas card! Thank you for sharing with us at Peace on Earth Challenge.

Crafty Moone Cards said...

Lovely, thanks for joining us @ CTC. Sue x

My name is Erika. said...

I'm catching up a bit this evening. Mermerry Christmas is very clever, and I love the slightly vintage look of that mermaid. What a clever idea for her to make a coral tree. I like how this combines JUly weather and Christmas together.Hugs-Erika

Chana Malkah said...

This is a fun holiday card! Love your mermaid! Thanks for sharing this delightful design with us at A Place to Start!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner

Kathie said...

What a pretty card Aimeslee I love your image and the pretty colours. I do love all your added embellishments what a great card. Thanks so much for sharing it with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie SSW2~DT

Arlene said...

How creative - I couldn't believe my eyes! Great Christmas card. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas Christmas for our July Challenge of "Christmas in July"

anne said...

A lovely card Aimes, I do like all the seaside embellishments at the bottom.
Thanks for playing along with us, it is always appreciated.
Hugs
Anne SSW2-DT

Michelle B. said...

So uniquely fabulous! I love the traditional/vintage image - you've done an amazing job on this card and your sentiments are perfect! So glad you joined us at Christmas with the Cuties!

Helma said...

Beautiful card you make. Thanks for joining the challenge of Girlz Rebel Challenges. Greetings Helma DT

Marjeta said...

Beautiful card. Mermaid is super. Thanks for playing with us at Creative Moments.

MagsB said...

What a fab Christmas card, Aimeslee! I love the mermaid and the punny sentiment! Thanks for joining in at My Time to Craft Christmas!

love Mags B x

Mummylade said...

What a wonderful idea! Thank you so much for joining us at ABC Christmas challenge

Bethie said...

Glory be. This is a fantastic Christmas card!! As a lover of ocean/sea themes I'm quite in love with this card, and got a kick out of how you made this a Christmas card. There you go thinking outside the box again. The sea shells and coral are a lovely addition to your image.

Inkyfingers said...

What an unusual Christmas design, Aimeslee and I love all the sea-themed embellishments that you added.
Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenges.
Hugs
Carol x

Judy V said...

Fabulous creation! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our "Christmas in July" challenge!

Crafty Moone Cards said...

Lovely card. Thanks for sharing with us @ CWTC. Sue x