Sunday, July 24, 2022

Teddy Bear Christmas

 Happy Sunday and I hope everyone is well. I looked on the calendar, saw one week left in July and my heart kinda sank a little. So many challenge plans, too little time for a slow crafter, lol. Time for priorities and Christmas in July is on top for the next few days. So, I'm sharing a really cute Pattie's Creations'  Holiday Teddy Bear on my card today.
I'm of the generation (and maybe it's a Southern thang??) that was taught never to wear red with pink. It stuck, to this day I cringe a little at the sight of the two colors together. So this took a bit of courage to make. 😏😂 I was wanting to use these paper scraps from my stash box and they have red with pink, plus my card stock scraps were, too. Now that it's done, I feel a teeny bit liberated, lol. But I still probably won't wear white shoes after Labor Day (another no-no from back in the day).
 
The Splitcoaststampers sketch I used for my layout design, along with my card, to show how I followed it.
All of the sentiments are letter stickers. The large SEI are vellum and I stuck them on punched circles that I colored with Neon Pink Spectrum noir Glitter Pen. I stuck the small pink Cosmo Crickets letter stickers on strips of the hot pink card I also used as the base mat. Perfect color match! I outlined (ran the pen around) the 2 bottom layers with glitter gel pens and also used the pens to embellish the tree patterned paper. I colored the bear with the glitter pens. I added sparkly vinyl snowflakes all around as a final step.
Here's the tree patterned paper after I colored and embellished with my Sakura Starlight gel pens and Silver Spectrum Noir Glitter Pen.
Stamplorations sentiment stamped with Acorn Versafine Clair ink.
The back along with the front, to show continuity. Used more of the tree paper on the hot pink card.
And final view, trying to show all of the glitter and sparkle. Thanks for the visit today and I hope your week goes beary well! 😁😉

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
I've used Pattie's Pattieboops Holiday Bear image
I've used glitter, glitter markers, sequins and vinyl snowflakes
New (to me) image and new glitter markers, everything else used is older than dirt
The bear is a Pattie's Creations digital image.

24 comments:

Becca Sadler said...

Aimeslee: This is awesome! Thanks for being patient with the link tool issue and glad it was an easy fix on MTTCC!! This card is super packed with patterns, colors, layers, and embellishments! I feel like every time I look at it, I could discover something new!!!! And that's terrific! I love doing an overload style myself! CAS style scares me!!! :) Thanks again for being a terrific supporter of MTTCC!!! --Becca/DT

Becca Sadler said...

Aimeslee: I'm back this time for MTTC's Christmas in July challenge and want to thank you for entering this very festive teddy bear Christmas card! And the combo of red and pink is certainly eye-catching! Thanks for always being so supportive of MTTC! --Becca/DT

Lia said...

This is a lovely christmascard with a surprising backside!
Lia DT POE

My name is Erika. said...

I had to laugh about the red and pink. And the white shoes after Labor Day. Nope we have the same old fashioned “rules” up here. Who made those fashion faux pas (or not) anyhow? I’m glad you conquered your red and pink together with that cute card. That bear is adorable. Happy start to this last week of July. I don’t know where this month went to. Hugs Erika

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I'm here with 2 hats on today and I did a Squeal when I saw your card, I LOVE your pink and red Aimes, the brilliant take on the sketch, a lovely card, the fact the beary fits the sketch - clever. As always lovely details. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at Critter Crazy Challenge this week. Good Luck and I’m looking forward to seeing you again in our next challenge.
Faith A DT

craftytrog said...

This is absolutely gorgeous and so adorable Aimeslee!
Happy new week,
Alison

Jocelyn said...

I love all the sparkles and the colours work together just fine. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT

Bethie said...

My jaw dropped open. I am so in love with the colours and that cute blue bear. The DP is just perfect. Rock on my friend!

Heike said...

Eine wundervolle Weihnachtskarte ist dir gelungen. Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme bei den Sweet Stampers.
Heike

Deanne Saunders said...

What a cute card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR ROUND challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Darlene said...

OMG ... how totally ADORABLE!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth Christmas challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!!

Darlene
PEACE ON EARTH CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Alyson Mayo said...

Aww... this is so cute! I really love the colours you chose :)

Doris Klein said...

aaawwww how cute! Love the bear and the pretty papers. Nice colours, too

Thanks for playing along with our Challenge at Critter Crazy and good luck!

Hugs and please come back soon!
Doris
Kleido’s BastelStüble
*Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
*Owner*Critter Crazy Challenges
*List Manager* Challenges for Days
*DT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2

Martina said...

Bold colors indeed! The card is beautiful, the bear is cute. Thank you for joining us in the CCAYR challenge. We hope you will participate in our next challenge. Martina-DT

lauren bergold said...

Super sweet image and a gorgeous color palette! So happy you could join us for the Jingle Belles and Double Trouble Xmas in July festivities!

Suze said...

Adorable card Aimeslee. I can't say that I have heard of either of those "rules" although it may be an American thing (and I'm not in America). It is a colour scheme I've used before and now that you have conquered it with this card, I'm sure you will be able to go back to it with confidence. Thank you for entering the Use Some Twine or Ribbon Challenge at CHNC.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

What a beary cute Christmas card, love the variety of colors and the many sparkly embellishments. And wow, front, back and inside all completed. We were partnering with Jingle Belles, so don't forget to enter your card in our challenge, you still have a couple days. Love to see you back at Double Trouble for future fun challenges. https://doubletroublechallenge.blogspot.com/2022/07/challenge-116-christmas-in-july.html

foleysfriend said...

I just love pun-ny sentiments. That teddy bear is adorable and I like how you've dressed up your card. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Christmas Challenge.

sue n.

N-Eva said...

This is a gorgeous card, such a fabulous design and so beautifully embellished. ! Love your coloring and image cute. Thank you for sharing your wonderful project with us at Creatalicious Challenges . Hugs Neva

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely christmas card, the colours work well to together and its lovely sparkly
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT

Pamela said...

I've not heard of the pink/red rule but do know 'blue and green should never be seen unless upon a fairy queen!'.
Love your card and the use of scraps.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Mummylade said...

Adorable! Thank you so much for joining us at ABC Christmas challenge

Inkyfingers said...

This is such a fun card, Aimeslee and that little bear is so cute. I love that you took the time to decorate inside and out - it makes it really special.
Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenges.
Hugs
Carol x

Lynne said...

Such a pretty and cute card. Thank you for playing at Christmas Craft Creations. Lynne DT x