Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Guest Designing for Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 Sketch #230

 Hello and Happy June. Hope you are all better than I am. How inconvenient of me! 😳 I've had a really rough pain day and everything is taking a very long time to do, but I do want to share my makes because I'm thrilled to be guest designing for one of my favorite sketch challenges, Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2, which offers 2 sketches each month. I've got makes for both for their June Jubilee with the option of using red, white and blue. I will show the first sketch and make in this post and then the other in a second post immediately following this one.
 
Here they are side by side. This is SSW2 Sketch #230. Just as I was planning this, my Issue #108 of Creative Stamping Magazine arrived in the mail from across the pond and it was the Platinum Jubilee issue to commemorate the 70th year of Queen Elizabeth II's reign, the longest in their history, and her 96th official birthday on June 2-3. So I've used the Indigo royal coach stamp that came with it. I was happy for that arrival as I have British heritage, so I made this 7.5x7.5" deco to celebrate that and display on our front foyer table as home decor. We plan to drink a toast to her health tomorrow!
 
Here you can see I began with chipboard recycled from G45 patterned paper packs and used decoupage medium and a sponge brush to adhere papers to the backs and fronts of both decos. At right are both the backs. I like to finish my backs when I make decos as it looks nicer and gives them more strength.
I used a length of gold ribbon down the front middle, then on top of that 2 lengths of silver ribbon with tassels. I found a photo online of the Union Jack flag and in PSE I applied an artistic colored pencil effect to it before printing out. I used some ancient Stickopotamus silver vellum letter stickers for the sentiment. I also added four round gems to each corner. The papers are all from my stash and are very old 12x12 scrapbooking papers.
I used my Martha Stewart fringe scissors to cut all around a piece of blue vellum, shown here. Then I did the same with a very light blue piece of vellum because I cut the fringe on this one too close. I layered the darker on top of the lighter behind the flag, then crinkled/ruffled them. I'm glad now that happened as just using the darker blue would not have shown up as well.
As the silver letter stickers I used are really hard to photograph with the shine, here is a shot where I got them! The coach is way too shiny here, so I took another...
...to show the gold heat-embossing on the royal coach.
And final view. Thanks for visiting and be sure to check out my next post for the second sketch and make. XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
Happy Birthday, Queen Elizabeth II!
I've made ruffled blue vellum edging around the Union Jack

11 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Gorgeous card
Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge good luck Ginny DT
Penny's Challenge
My Blog As I do Rodos

Marie Bingaman said...

I think this card is definitely fit for a queen, if she were to receive it! So many details that make this into quite the celebration! Thanks for sharing with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, and good luck! :)

~Marie B -DT

craftytrog said...

I absolutely love your Jubilee decoration Aimeslee, it's beautiful!
It's a weekend of street parties here. Yesterday we went to our friends' in the next village, and tomorrow they are coming to ours. We're praying the rain will stop in the afternoon, for long enough to get together and celebrate with our neighbours.
Have a great weekend,
Alison

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Oh what a beautiful tribute to our Queen. It absolutely magnificent I don't think I have seen better. I love it. I hope Arfur will leave you alone this weekend at least. Hugs
Faith
My computer has died, so won't be visiting until its fixed or renewed. The phone is too fiddly for me.

Carol said...

Hi Aimeslee,
What a wonderful card. We had a fantastic weekend of celebrations. I have been glued to the TV for almost two solid days. I will catch up with you more in my email.
Hugs
Carol
xx

Chana Malkah said...

Nicely done! Thanks for sharing at A Place to Start!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner

pearshapedcrafting said...

You really captured the spirit of our celebrations. There was a choir singing at Lyme Park when we visited on Saturday! Hugs, Chjrisx

Heike said...

Was für ein wundervolles Werk. Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme bei den Sweet Stampers.

Heike
DT

My name is Erika. said...

Wow you've had a productive week.So many wonderful cards. I do really love this Jubilee card. You nailed the pomp and celebration. I like that royal coach and how you used the flag too. We've been having such wonderful weather, except for rain yesterday and Wednesday morning that I've been outside enjoying it. All the gardens are loving it also and blooming beautifully. I'm off to check out a few more of your beautiful pieces. Hugs-Erika

Angela said...

SO much fun! Thanks for joining us at Arty Divas this month. Angela (DT) xoxo

Loose Stitches said...

Beautiful creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge.
~ Sherry DT/Admin/Coordinator xx