Saturday, June 4, 2022

Candlelight Christmas

 Hey there, everyone. It's the weekend, hope everyone is having fun. I added another card to my Christmas inventory and am sharing it today. 
I had printed out this Gecko Galz digital image at the beginning of May meaning to play in their monthly challenge with it but didn't get to it. In fact, I printed 5 copies of it on a sheet, trying out my new satin-finish photo paper, so you'll probably see the image again, lol. Anyway, I decided to challenge myself to use up so odd-shaped paper pieces in my Christmas box, plus use some plastic Sizzix star sequins that create an ombre' effect when the light hits them. 
 
For my layout design, I followed this Splitcoaststampers sketch.
The card base is an A7 piece of very old 12x12 SEI double-sided patterned card stock. I paired it with some equally old Urban Lily papers. I cut the blue and red layers with dies from Spellbinders Romantic Rose set. I used a Fiskars corner punch on the yellow and red layers matting the image and on the image too. I stamped the Lawn Fawn and Papertrey Ink sentiments on some baby blue SU scrap with Versamark and white-embossed. The image is precoloured so I did no coloring on this. 


Some shots to show the sequins. I know it seems like a LOT of them but I really like the effect! Plus, I literally have a ton of them. You may recall my eye accident happened while holding a plastic sequin down with my tweezers, but I've since trained myself to let go before pressing the sequin down, lol. So, it's no longer a dangerous activity for me! 😊
Inside of card shows the double-sided card stock's other side. I stamped a Flourishes sentiment with Midnight Blue Versafine Clair ink on a scrap of red paper to have a place to sign. I still have a 5x12" piece of the SEI and might cut out words to use as sentiments? Hmm....
Here's the back shown with the front for continuity. Here you can see the Urban Lily patterned paper. the rest of it has a large Happy Holidays sentiment on it so I cut it out to use later on a 6x6" square card. I've got so many strips of card stock and paper that I'm thinking up other ways to use leftovers. At any rate, I do need lots of practice combining non-coordinated patterns/papers and I certainly have the supplies for it. 😏
And a final view. Thanks for visiting me today and enjoy your weekend, xoxo.

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
All the stars give off an Ombre' effect

11 comments:

SmilynStef said...

Those Ombré stars are perfection ... so very glad you joined us at Jingle Belles.

Heather said...

Very pretty layers - and such a cute little bird! I like these bold colors! Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles!

Susan Renshaw said...

I love this Gecko Galz image!
Lovely card! Thanks for sharing with Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Such a beautiful card Aimeslee! I love that angel! Hugs, Chrisx

Haddock said...

like that two toned stars inside.

Wendy said...

This card is fabulous! The colors are so much fun and I love those stars. Thank you for sharing it and playing along at ABC Christmas Challenge ~ Wendy

My name is Erika. said...

I like this holiday card because it isn't completely traditional.The blue red and brighter green look great together! The angel is beautiful and nice stars too! hugs-Erika

Christine Harrop said...

Thank you so much for sharing your lovely card with us at Winter Wonderland. It is perfect for our current challenge. Christine DT x

lauren bergold said...

those ombre stars are so lovely! what a fun background for your sweet angel image. thanks for joining our OMBRE fun at JINGLE BELLES!

Debbie said...

Loving all your layers and the design of your card. Cute little birdie, perfect for our Sparkles christmas challenge. Hugs Debs DT x

Just Peachy Stamping said...

I really like the way you carried the front of the card over to the back. Using up random pieces can be a challenge, but you pulled it off. Thanks for joining us at the Sparkles Christmas Buddies Challenge. Hope to see you again soon in the gallery