Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Final Design Team Make for Outlaw Wednesday Sketch

 Hello and Welcome. It's time for the last Wednesday Sketch Challenge at Outlawz. Their Ning site is closing down on 6/15 and on 8/1 they are starting a blog challenge on Blogger and Facebook. I have decided not to join my teamies in the move, but I love them all and wish them much success!
Here's my make, using sponsor Anne Fenton's hand-drawn black and white digital images Board Birdhouse and California Quail, which she graciously provided us with. I made this card with a white 6x6" card base and then paper scraps from my stash drawers (so I can't tell you who made them). 
 
Here is the sketch for this challenge and my card next to it to show how I followed it.
I began with combining the 2 images on one layout in PSE, sizing to fit the sketch and printing out 2 times. I colored everything with my Promarkers. The brown base mat was cut with a Spellbinders Matting Basics die. The green dotted layer was cut with a Spellbinders Art Deco Fairmont label die. The rest of the layers were manually cut on my trimmer. 
I fussy cut the second birdhouse after coloring it. My plan was to fill in with flowers in front of the fence and behind the birdhouse, so that's why I needed the second birdhouse. 
 
Here are close-ups showing the hollyhocks I cut with my Impression Obsession Hollyhock die and the centers cut with Rubbernecker's tiny flowers and flowers dies, which I'd already cut a while back and had left over from another project. This card was all about using up existing stuff. The butterflies had been already punched with a Martha Stewart punch. The grass was cut using a Lawn Fawn die.
For the vertical sketch element behind the focal image, I wanted to create a look similar to the fence and birdhouse so I used my Sizzix TH Wood Planks 3D embossing folder and a scrap of paper that looks like wood. I matted it with some white card.
 
And on the card back I used another sheet of that wood-like paper, die cut with a smaller Art Deco Fairmont label die, along with more green dotted paper and my stamped and punched siggie. Also shown is the inside of the card with still a smaller die cut square and my computer-generated sentiment. I forgot to take the pic before signing the card, so I whited out my handwriting with the Brush Tool in PSE. 
And final view. Thanks for the visit and have a great day! XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
I was inspired by the wood plank walls, the white flowers, the touches of green
and the idea of the space being like a cozy nest
I chose my 2 images and digitally combined them for this challenge
I used a Sizzix TH Wood Planks 3D embossing folder and 3 Martha Stewart punched butterflies
I used Spellbinders Art Deco Fairmont, Lawn Fawn grass, Rubbernecker tiny flower and I/O hollyhock dies, and Sizzix TH 3D embossing folder
I used Spellbinders Art Deco Fairmont, Lawn Fawn grass, Rubbernecker tiny flower and I/O hollyhock dies.
I've used digital images provided by sponsor

32 comments:

Becca Sadler said...

Another wonderful creation made by the talented Aimeslee!!! This card is tweet-sweet!!! Thanks for linking to MTTC! --Becca S

Alyson Mayo said...

This is so perfect for summer and the warmer weather - love the mix of blues and greens!

brenda said...

That's a bird I've never heard of before Aimeslee and unlike any we see here in the UK, the closest is probably the Blue Jay, rare but we are lucky to have a pair living in one of the paddock hedgerows, but they are very shy birds.

Love the fresh colours you have used, blue and green always make for such a lovely colour palette, many thanks for sharing and joining us at We Love Stamping June challenge.

B x

Glenda said...

Great card you have created! Thanks for joining us at The Four Seasons Challenge!

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Fabulous use of the sketch and a lovely bold card, thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Markers.
Lorraine

Pamela said...

This is really pretty, I like the brightness of the green.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Carol said...

Another fabulous card Aimeslee. The Californian Quail is quite a bird. The birdhouse is beautifully coloured and your background planks are so realistic.
Thank you for joining us again. ( I will drop u a line at the weekend.)
Hugs
Carol xxx
CD Sunday Plus DT

Donna Walls said...

Wonderful card and image which has been colored beautifully. Great sketch too! Thanks for sharing with us at The Colour Crazy Challenge.

Diane said...

Fabulously designed card! Thank you for joining our challenge at Four Seasons!
Diane FS DT {Nellies Nest}
{Peace On Earth}

stampinwithanita said...

Lots and lots of thought and time went into your wonderful creative card. I enjoyed reading about your process. Thanks you so much for joining us at the Paper Dragonfly Creative Challenge!!!

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card, Thank you for joining the challenge at My Time to Craft, Creative Fingers and Critter Crazy.

Jackie C said...

Wow! This is a smashing project!
We do love to see all the entries at Classic.
Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge
We really appreciate you joining in.

Jackie DT

My name is Erika. said...

Welcome summer. You definitely captured the colors of the season, at least the ones we have today with blue skies and green leaves. Nice card Aimeslee. And Happy almost weekend. Hugs-Erika

NPurdum56 said...

What a cute image! Such a pretty card with great coloring! Thank you for joining us at Di's Digi Challenge! We hope to see you again. Nancee, DT

Ginny said...

lovely, thanks for joining us at FnF :)

Seafield Jo said...

What a great card, lovely colour combo.
Jo
CD Sunday Plus DT

Arlene said...

What a lovely card. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our “Summer Days” challenge this month. Arlene, DT

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful card! Loving the vibrant colours and the wood panel background is perfect 😁. Thanks so much for playing along at Sparkles Monthly Challenge and wishing you a happy weekend! Hugs Jo x

dorsetdawndesigns said...

I love the flowers and the cute bird. Thanks for joining our challenge at Sparkles Monthly. Dawn S DT x

Jane said...

You always create such awesome cards Aimslee! Love this one. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

Deanne Saunders said...

Sweet card!! Thanks so much for participating in our CRITTER CRAZY challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Julie said...

Love the rustic vibes of your card. Thanks for joining in our challenge at Passion for Markers this week, good luck. Juliex

Kristine said...

Very pretty!!! A li'l fun fact - I (used to) collect bird houses! My family would get me a new one for every birthday or Mothers' day for several years. I later learned my great uncle sketched birds - many different kinds and I have his original drawings now! Anywho... you did a lovely job on this one, love the wood paper, and the li'l flowers and butterflies make this complete.

Crafting Queen said...

Great card. Thanks for joining We Love Stamping. Anesha

MagsB said...

What a lovely card, Aimeslee, I love the bright summer colours! Thanks for joining in at My Time to Craft!

love Mags B x

Pat K said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky. Pat K xx

Suze said...

Lovely card Aimeslee. Thank you for entering the Floral or Colour Palette or Sketch Challenge at Incy Wincy Designs.

Ellen said...

Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Daisy Chai Challenges.

groetjes, Ellen

Karen Letchworth said...

Creative fun and oh, so cute! Thanks for sharing with us at The Four Seasons Challenge Blog.
LOVE this.

foleysfriend said...

Fabulous card. I love the organic shape of the green polka dot paper and the texture of the "wood" element. Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas.

sue n.

Mervi said...

Fabulous card!
Thank you for sharing at We Love Stamping Challenge;-))m

Helen said...

Beautiful image and such a pretty card.

Thanks for joining us at the Paper Dragonfly Creative Challenge.

Helen x
DT