Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Guest Designing for Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 Sketch #231

 Hello again! Here is my other guest design make for Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and their June Jubilee with option of red, white and blue. Go HERE to see my make of their Sketch #230.
 
This is Sketch #231. This time I decided to make a deco for our front foyer table to celebrate America's 245th birthday coming up on July 4th. 
Again, I began with a recycled chipboard base and decoupaged very old scrapbooking papers from my stash papers onto it back and front. Then I dry layered the paper sketch elements. I placed 4 blue glass stars at each corner and laid three lengths of stars and stripes ribbon across the middle, fraying the edges a bit. I cut a Sizzix/Tim Old Glory flag and 5-star row out of white card and added them along with the sentiment.
I stamped the Stamp Simply sentiment with Versamark and heat-embossed with white powder very gingerly on light blue vellum, fussy cut it, then ran it through my Xyron and adhered to some white card and fussy cut that leaving a border. I LOVE the look of embossed vellum, either wet or dry. I added a red glass star with a glue dot.
And final view. I'll be able to display this all this month up through our big day on July 4th.
Here are both of my makes together. Thanks for visiting and have a great June day! XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:

13 comments:

Bonnie Lynn said...

Aimeslee both of these are fabulous!

Colien said...

Wonderful cards!
Thanks for sharing it @ the 4 Season blog.
grtz Colien

Megan J said...

Hi Aimeslee, a fabulous use of the sketch and a great way to get ahead of your holiday preparations. Thank you for sharing with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends and good luck in the prize draw... Megan DT LPoCF

Creaine said...

Love this!! Thanks for joining us at The Creative Crafters Challenge. Hope to see you again next time.
DT Ine http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/
owner: http://mixedmedialovers.blogspot.com

Crafting Queen said...

Two wonderful cards. Thanks for joining 613 Avenue Create and TTCRD challenges. Anesha

Pat said...

Two fabulous makes Aimeslee and how lovely of you to make one celebrating our Queen's Platinum Jubilee and I love the coach and the Union Jack with the firework background, and also another super card to celebrate your upcoming Independence Day, with more of the pretty firework paper and the colours of the Stars and Stripes with the die cut flag and coordinating tag...fantastic! x

Nelly said...

Superleuke kaart met velum erop.
Bedankt voor je deelname aan de challenge bij 4-Season Challenge Blog.

Groetjes Nelly(DT4-SCB)

Chana Malkah said...

Thanks for hanging out on our front porch at 613 Avenue Create !
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner
Redora Lee Designs , My Blog
A Place to Start , Challenge Blog
613 Avenue Create , Challenge Blog

pearshapedcrafting said...

They are both fabulous! We've been enjoying lots of coverage of our Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebrations on TV! Hugs, Chrisx

My name is Erika. said...

This is another patriotic card, for our country this time. Your paper layering is amazing. And I also love that ribbon-or at least it looks like ribbon. I was cleaning out some dies yesterday and this is one I am not getting rid of. Happy FRiday. Hugs-Erika

Loose Stitches said...

Beautiful creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge.
~ Sherry DT/Admin/Coordinator xx

Alka said...

Gorgeous Card.Thank you for joining us at The Creative Crafters Challenge. See you again at TCCC. DT Alka

Wendy Ann Batchen said...

Fabulous card Aimeslee. Thank you for sharing with us over at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge.
Wendy DT