Tuesday, March 8, 2022

You're the Star Birthday

Hello there, wishing you well. I'm here guest designing today for Try It On Tuesday
Their new challenge theme is Black and White + 1 Color, so I went with blue as my +1 color. I needed a birthday guy card for a friend who likes to go camping every Spring (on his end of March birthday if the weather's at all cooperating), so I decided to use my Creative Expressions Stargazing stamp and ink blend a basic night sky in blue shades using Oxides (Tumbled Glass/Salty Ocean/Chipped Sapphire). I pumped some white Posca paint pen paint onto my mat and picked some up with a wet #3 round brush and then flicked my night sky for a little stellar show. It was a timid attempt, but successful. I'm taking baby steps to become a full-fledged paint flicker. 😜
I used my Spellbinders A7 Card Basics dies to cut black and white card stock mats on a blue SU card base, and I added a strip of leftover We Are # digital plaid paper and some skinny check ribbon from my stash. I stamped the Sugarloaf SeeD and MFT sentiments with Versamark then heat-embossed them with white powder. After assembling the card front, I added 3 white Rubbernecker star die cuts to give my stargazing crew something to look at.
For my design layout, I chose this Splitcoaststampers sketch. I added the skinny ribbons element because it looked better to me, otherwise following the sketch.

This black envelope looked awesome with the card, so I wanted to use it. I got the idea to stamp on it to make it look a bit more festive. For the front I used a mashup of Avery Elle and SeeD sentiment words and stars, stamping them in Versamark and then white-heat-embossing. On back, I used a Kaiserkraft banner stamp to do the same thing.

Inside I put my own computer-generated sentiment. On back, I had one strip of the digital plaid paper left but it had printed splotchy. So I inked blended more of the blue Oxides on it, then added a stamped and heat-embossed Technique Tuesday siggie with a Papertrey Ink siggie in the center.
And the final view. I think this makes a great guy card and I enjoyed the color challenge. Since color is my art oxygen, any limitation makes me panic a little. 😂 But then I remember, every color has multiple shades and that calms me down...somewhat.  Thanks for visiting me and thanks to TIOT for inviting me to guest design. Good Week, everyone! XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
I have two skinny check ribbons and two sentiments on card front
I used Rubbernecker dies for the 3 stars and Spellbinders A7 Card Basics dies to cut all my paper layers.
I heat-embossed my sentiments on card front and on envelope.

31 comments:

brenda said...

There's some bright stars in that sky Aimeslee and dramatic use of colour, many thanks for sharing and joining us at Stamping Sensations and We Love Stamping challenges.

B x

My name is Erika. said...

Hurrah for being our guest designer at Try It On Tuesday. I am loving this card. It is not only a great image, but the sky is gorgeous. I love how you shaded it. I also like the black check ribbon you used. It's a beauty Aimeslee. Thanks for being our guest designer, and hope your week is going well. Hugs-Erika

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, your card is stunning! The blue with the black and white is such a gorgeous colour combination and the way that you blended the sky is amazing - love it 😁. I'm sure your friend will love it too! Thanks so much for joining us as Guest Designer and for the inspiration, wishing you a wonderful week! Hugs Jo x

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful scenic card thanks for joining in our March Monthly Challenge over at https://hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com/ Good Luck and we hope to see you again soon. Alison DT

Helen said...

Congrats on being our Guest Designer at Try it on Tuesday! You rocked this challenge! LOVE the blue with the black and white!!! Awesome card! Have a fabulous week! ((HUGS)) Helen

ahlers5 said...

I absolutely love how the starfield turned out. It is gorgeous. Great card.

R's Rue said...

Absolutely beautiful. I love seeing your work.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Cindy C. said...

It's beautifully done! Thanks for linking up to our March challenge gallery at Die Cut Divas.

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is a stunning card Aimeslee. I love the silhouette image and what a fabulous sky you have given those stargazers! Practice time over - I think you have become an expert paint flicker! The plaid and the ribbon set everything off so well! So thrilled to see you here at Try It On Tuesday as our Guest designer! Hugs, Chrisx

Becca Sadler said...

This is stargazing-amazing!!! Thanks for participating at MTTC's embossing theme challenge! --Becca/DT/MTTC (and think about visiting MTTCC's angel theme current challenge if you've got time in the next 48 hours or so).

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

You've been so busy Aimes, mojo has been visiting you big time. Another very beautiful card which will be much appreciated. You are such a creative lady. Tell Arthur to leave you alone to carry on being wonderfully creative.
Faith x

Joan said...

It's a fabulous card with test striking colour scheme,love. Lovely to have you as guest designer on TIOT

Joan

Arlene said...

I love your comment about becoming a full-fledged paint flicker. LOL You did a fabulous job paint flicking that sky and it's a great scene. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our challenge.

Wendy Ann Batchen said...

Beautiful card Aimeslee. Thank you for sharing with us over here at The Creative Crafters Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
Wendy DT Member for https://creativecrafterschallenge.blogspot.com/

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Meggymay said...

Aimeslee its lovely to have you as our Guest Designer for the new TioT's challenge. Its a fantastic card and design and the colour you chose to add look fabulous on the card scene you created.
Yvonne xx

















lour





choice to add looks stunning

Creaine said...

Love this! Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
Ine DT Member
http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/
owner: http://mixedmedialovers.blogspot.com

craftytrog said...

Great card! I love the stargazing scene Aimeslee.

Mervi said...

Fabulous stamp and gorgeous cards.
Thank you for sharing at We Love Stamping March challenge;-))m

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!! This card rocks my world. Fabulous work with your colour challenge. Love the white sentiment.

Kristine said...

I love that sentiment and your sky is PERFECT❣

Jane Savage said...

A beautiful night sky scene!
Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Gem of a Challenge! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things! xxx

Loose Stitches said...

Beautiful creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
~ Sherry DT/Admin xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

A really gorgeous creation. Thank you so much for sharing your gorgeous creation with us at We Love Stamping.
Hugs
Cathy xxxx

Michelle said...

Such a unique and stunning card! I love the bac I hope to see more of your creations again soon! Thanks for participating in A Gem of a Craft Challenge! ~Michelle, DT Polkadoodles https://www.instagram.com/thecraftmarketsc/

Mrs.B said...

Hi Aimeslee, This is a fabulous card, I love the silhouette image you used and your night sky looks perfectly splatterd to me. It's a great design with the plaid ribbon and the b/w and blue mats.
It's lovely to have you as our Guest Designer at Try it on Tuesday and with such a great inspirational piece.
(Sorry I'm a bit late - Gran duties with poorly twins left me a bit physically depleted this week!)
Hugs, Avril xx

Claudia's kaartjes said...

This is gorgous Thanks for entering you card at Daisy Chain Challenge
Wauw,super tof Leuk dat je meedoet met onze challenge bij Daisy Chain Challenge
hugs
Claudia
DT Daisy Chain Challenge
https://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.com/
http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be
http://girlzrebelchallenge.blogspot.com
https://girlzcreativecrafts.blogspot.com

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Fabulous project. Great work. Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT / Admin / Registered Owner for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

Linda Kunsman said...

Love how fresh and crisp this card looks, and that night sky is oh so lovely.

Chana Malkah said...

Awesome birthday card, Aimeslee! I love the buffalo plaid accent strip. This really takes the design up a level!

Thanks for stopping by A Place To Start !
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner
Redora Lee Designs , My Blog
A Place to Start , Owner
613 Avenue Create , Owner

Koyel Saha Chatterjee said...

Love the background and the silhouette look.. thank u so much for your participation in CRAFTS GALORE ENCORE challenge blog. ❤️DT KOYEL