Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Sending a Handmade Hug

 Hello there! Hope everyone is well. With the people of Ukraine in the thoughts and prayers of so many of us, using sunflowers, their national flower, is a way to honor their sacrifices.
I'm sharing my second card with sunflowers. I've been looking at what I have, and I have quite a few sunflowers so you might be seeing more. I woke up today wanting to make this and I finally finished. I included an embossing folder (WRMK Next Level Woven) for CYHTP's challenge (listed below). After embossing, I ink-blended some Antique Linen Oxide ink across the raised surface with the Tim foam tool to create a shading contrast. I've used SU and Springhill Digital card stocks. Dies used: Avery Elle banner flag, Spellbinders doilie, HOTP flowers and Rubbernecker flower buds. The image is a Stamplorations digi called Bloomin' Spring Coffee Basket, and I colored it with my new Zig Clean Color markers. MFT sentiment, stamped in Versamark and heat-embossed with lemon yellow powder. 
   
For my layout design, I chose Cheerful Sketch Challenge's current sketch. I rotated it counter-clockwise.
Close-up to show the Nuvo Crystal Glaze on the flower centers and the donut glazing. After the glaze began to set, I took a wooden skewer and poked the flower centers glaze in several places, which creates many light prisms and texture. I like the technique. Hopefully you can see the difference between the flat liquid donut glazing and the flower centers.

Well, that's all of my photos today. Going to try less and see how long I can do that. πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜‹πŸ˜‰

Thanks for visiting me and I hope you are having a great day! XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:

CYHTP Challenge: Anything Goes with Embossing + Opt. Think Spring

Stamplorations Never-Ending Anything Goes Challenge

Dies used: Spellbinders Doilie/Avery Elle Banner Flags/Rubbernecker Tiny Buds/HOTP Flowers
Focal image colored with Zig Clean Color markers
I've used a Stamplorations DIGI - Bloomin' Spring Coffee Basket
Linky is frozen as of 3/10-Try again later
Two coffee cups
Dies used: Spellbinders Doilie/Avery Elle Banner Flags/Rubbernecker Tiny Buds/HOTP Flowers

25 comments:

Michele said...

what a sweet sunflower card! well done. xo

Darlene said...

Fabulous card my friend! Your basket weave embossed background is perfect for your image! Nicely done! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Can You Handle The Pressure … we appreciate your support and hope to see you again next challenge!
Darlene
CAN YOU HANDLE THE PRESSURE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

A very special and beautiful card!

Kristine said...

Love that woven background!! Beautiful card Aimslee. I found it difficult to to make my #cardforukraine ... took me 4 tries. Maybe I'm just having an off week. I think it's great that so many crafters are crafting awareness and support for Ukraine πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦πŸ’™πŸ’›

Bonnie Lynn said...

What a beautiful card Aimslee! Fabulous show of support for the people of Ukraine. I've been coloring sunflowers a lot myself lately. Can't wait to see what else you come up with.

My name is Erika. said...

I think this is beautiful. And I like your idea of adding sunflowers to your art. This one is fun with the coffee and the donuts. I also like the basket paper you used. That gives you card such texture. I hope you ended up doing less and had a nice day Aimeslee. Hugs-Erika

Vicki said...

Fabulous! The embossed basket background is amazing. Adding the distress ink gives it the feeling of a real basket. Thanks for sharing at A Place To Start.

Jane Savage said...

Super card!
Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Gem of a Challenge! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things! xxx

Ella's Design said...

The embossed basket weave background works perfectly with that pretty sunflower image, Aimeslee and your bue and yellow colour combo for the #cardsforukraine movement is so pretty...
Thanks for playing along with us at Passion for Markers this week, Lisa x

Donna Walls said...

Lovely card Aimeslee. Love the image and the embossing in the background. Continued prayers for the People and Country of Ukraine. Thanks for sharing your lovely project with us at The Colour Crazy Challenge.
Donna

ahlers5 said...

What a great card. I love the coffee and sunflowers design.

Cathie w said...

super fun card thank you for joining us over at Crafty Gals Challenge Corner

Margreet said...

Gorgeous card with the fab sunflower.
Thanks for joining Cheerful Sketches.
xxx Margreet

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Lovely image and project. Nice work. Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT / Admin / Registered Owner for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

Michelle B. said...

Lovely way to honor those in Ukraine. Your card is so beautiful, love the yellows and blues you chose. So glad you joined us for our Flower Challenge at Creative Sketchy Girls!

Pamela said...

Another lovely sunflower card and I just love that embossing folder.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Aunty Sue said...

Lovely card thanks for sharing at PFM

Josje said...

Lovely card thanks for joining creative sketchy girls
Groetjes Josje dt

Seafield Jo said...

It's lovely to see all the sunflower cards being made, just so very sad the reason that's prompted them.

A beautiful card with a great background.

Thanks for sharing with us.

Jo
CD Sunday Plus DT

Chana Malkah said...

Lovely project!

Thanks for stopping by A Place To Start !
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner
Redora Lee Designs , My Blog
A Place to Start , Owner
613 Avenue Create , Owner

Pamela Duncan said...

Very nice work ~ Thanks for sharing with us at the Classic Design Challenge Blog. Pam, DT

Ellen said...

Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Daisy Chain Challenges.

groetjes, Ellen

Helen said...

Beautiful - love the sunflowers.

Thanks for joining us at the Incy Wincy Designs Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Nancy Soetaert said...

lovely card with the symbolic of the sunflower! Thanks for joining the challenge at cheerful SKetches!
Nancy DT

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at LTSCB
Tina dt