Saturday, March 12, 2022

St. Paddy's Day Mini Slimline

 Happy Weekend, everyone, hope all of you are doing well. In the States we are turning our clocks ahead one hour for Daylight Savings Time, but locally we got a very windy blast of cold last night to remind us that Spring comes in fits and starts. 
I have managed to make one St. Paddy's Day card for Honey's mom. Time needed for mailing got the better of me or I would have made more. I've a wee bit of Irish blood from my McGuire and Simmons family trees, so I grew up celebrating SPD with a traditional supper of Irish stew, soda bread and apple cake or bread pudding.

 
My design came from this Splitcoaststampers Slimline sketch, which I resized to a Mini Slimline in PSE. I have to use an A7 envelope, so my dimensions are 4 x 6.75" in order to fill the envie enough to avoid any postal machine rejections. This is my first Mini Slimline attempt, and I may use this size in the future for all landscape-oriented Slimline sketches that Splitcoaststampers has. 
When I began to plan this card, I knew I'd be using vintage images and no stamping and when that happens I try to follow the theme at Girlz Creative Crafts because my make will qualify. The current theme being Inspired by a Song, I immediately thought of Enya's beautiful Book of Days from the movie Far and Away. So I chose the man and woman images. I also listened to the Enya soundtrack whilst creating it. I am a huge Enya fan and can listen to her for hours on end. 😍
All of the papers used came from my paper scraps drawers. From my Metallics/Glitter paper drawer, I pulled the pieces of gold mirror card and I raided my patterned paper, green, yellow and black scraps, too. The patterned paper on this card front, edge- and ink-distressed, is some very old Autumn Leaves Foof-A-La Spring Pageantry collection. The two vintage images are from Gecko Galz Blarney collage sheet. The large shamrock was cut out of green paper scraps using a Sizzix die cut edged with Shamrock Stickles glitter, and the tiny shamrocks were cut using a Memory Box die. The diamond shape behind the large shamrock was cut out of the mirror board using a Sweet and Sassy shape die. Since the collage sheet images depict two famous Irish legends and have greeting sentiments, I did not add any additional ones.
Inside I stamped sentiment and images from Divinity Designs (Northcoast Creations).
On the back I used a QK die cut from green card and stamped a Gelatins siggie in the center. The patterned paper is a scrap of very old Lil Davis Jenni Bowlin on more black card matting.
And a final look that shows the glitter shine. Green, gold and black, with hints of orange and blue. Makes such a festive Spring statement, I think, which is what the celebration of St. Paddy's has become and is today. Remember, pinching and kissing are optional! 😍😉😊
Thanks for dropping by today. May Irish Luck be with ye! 😘

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
Book of Days by Enya-see above post for more info
I've used images from the Blarney collage sheet
My 2 collage sheet images, also big and little shamrock sizes
Dies used: Shamrocks and gold Diamond shape
I've used images from the Blarney collage sheet

28 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Gorgeous card
Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge atThrough The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge. Good luck Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Donna Walls said...

Here in Florida, we woke up to temps in the 30's; after a week of near 90 degree weather...go figure and just before the Ides of March! Your card is wonderful and I adore the vintage images. Thanks for entering your lovely project in The Inspiration Station Challenge and we hope to see you again soon.
Donna
The Inspiration Station Challenge
The Paper Funday Challenge

Diane said...

Fabulously created St Patrick's card with all the pretty details!! Thank you for joining our challenges at Four Seasons AND Colorful Options!
Diane FS DT and CO DT {Nellies Nest}
{Four Seasons}

Donna Walls said...

I'm back wearing a different DT hat to say Thanks for entering your lovely project in The Paper Funday Challenge and we hope to see you again soon.
Donna
The Paper Funday Challenge
The Inspiration Station Challenge

valscraftings said...

Fabulous slimline card Aimeslee, love the large shamrock ☘️ Oh your Irish stew sounds yummy!

Thanks for joining in our challenge!

Val S - LeighSBDesigns DT
https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns

ahlers5 said...

Cute St. Patrick's Day card. I wanted to make one for my sister in law. Maybe, next year. We are combining St. Patrick's Day dinner with my grandsons birthday this year. His birthday is the 16th. I told him I'm making corned beef, cabbage,boiled potatoes and homemade dark rye bread. Well, he does not like that! Too bad, I spent fifty dollars on two large corned beefs and I'm cooking them! I told him he could eat it or not, but that is dinner. I may consider making mac and cheese. The little fuss pot eats that.

Carol said...

Great card Aimeslee. As always.
Hugs
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

Darlene said...

OH WOW what a fabulous creation! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Colorful Options, Four Seasons and Inspiration Station. A unique and beautiful idea! Good luck in the challenges and keep the inspiration coming!
Darlene
CAN YOU HANDLE THE PRESSURE
FOUR SEASONS CHALLENGE
INSPIRATION STATION

Elaine Stark said...

A super card. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

Ilonka said...

I love your card, thanks for sharing it with us at the Girlz Rebel Challenge Blog.
Hugs Ilonka DT

Ilonka said...

I love your card, thanks for sharing it with us at the Daisy Chain Challenge Blog.
Hugs Ilonka DT

My Side of Oz said...

We are kinda neighbors ( Texas/Mississippi) and those terrific winds blew in some chilly weather for sure! I was so glad I hadn’t gotten my tomato plants in the ground yet! I think your mini slimline card is totally awesome! Love the vibrant colors and yummy sparkle it has! Irish stew….yes, please! Happy St. Patrick’s Day a wee bit early! It is great to see you at LeighSBDesigns Glorious Green Challenge, too!

Pamela said...

I'm sure your M-I-L will love this card.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

My name is Erika. said...

That's a gorgeous card. No Irish in me, but I still need to make a bit of SPD art. I'm always in the mood for green by now since even when we don't have snow, nothing had greened up here yet. We had the same cold wind yesterday. Hope you have warmed back up, and happy new week Aimeslee. hugs-Erika

Rain said...

I love your card Aimeslee!! It's very festive! I used to celebrate St-Patrick's Day (for the food mainly)! This year, time seems to be fleeting!

Linda Kunsman said...

LOVE your bright and vintage St. Patrick's Day card! And Enya's voice and music is so soothing...

Makira said...

Aimeslee, I can only imagine that Honey's mom was thrilled with this card. Love the colors and layout. Perfection achieved. 💚🍀💚 Thank you for your continued support of our challenge. Cheers, Makira

Colorful Options Challenge

Seafield Jo said...

Another fantastic card, I'm sure she'll love it, I know I do.

Jo
CD Sunday Plus DT

Tone K. said...

Beautiful card! :)
Thanks a lot for joining us at Creataliciuos! :)

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Stunning card love the design and colours used. Thanks for joining us for our March Monthly challenge over at A Place to Start. Good Luck and we hope to see you again soon. Alison DT

Chana Malkah said...

Super project Aimeslee!
Thanks for stopping by A Place To Start !
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner
Redora Lee Designs , My Blog
A Place to Start , Owner
613 Avenue Create , Owner

jolanda creatief bijtje said...

mooie kaart
bedankt voor het meedoen aan onze challenge
groetjes jolanda bongers
dt girls rebel challenge

cass said...

Thanks for joining us at A Place to Start this month for our "2 x 2" challenge

Pamela Duncan said...

NIce work ~ Thanks for sharing with us at the Classic Design Challenge Blog. Pam, DT

Ellibelle said...

Such a beautiful St. Patrick's Day card! Love the vintage style image and wonderful design! So nicely finished on the inside and back too! Thanks so much for sharing at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

Glorious St Patrick's Day make, I love your inspiration source too, I've been a fan of Enya forever too! Thanks for playing along in LeighSBDesigns Glorious Green challenge this month!
Happy Creating!
Leigh
https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
https://www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns
https://www.LeighSBDesigns.com

Helen said...

Love your card and I love Enya too!

Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Awesome card Thanks for entering you card at Girlz Rebel Challenge
Geweldig leuke kaart Leuk dat je meedoet met onze challenge bij Girlz Rebel Challenge
hugs
Claudia
DT Girlz Rebel challenge
https://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.com/
http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be
http://girlzrebelchallenge.blogspot.com
https://girlzcreativecrafts.blogspot.com
https://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.com/