Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Time for a Christmas Card

 Greetings, Folks. Hope your month is marching along in step. 😁  
I'm way behind in my monthly Christmas card goal so it was time I made one. This is my design team make for Outlawz Wednesday Sketch Challenge that begins today through 3/29. Our sponsor is All Dressed Up Stamps so I chose this sweet Christmas Snowglobe image from my files and colored it up with my Promarkers and gel pen accenting. 
 
This is the current challenge sketch. I resized it to A7 in PSE, which made it just a tiny tad more square. Everything I used came from my Christmas scraps box except for the dark green SU card base. 
Do you ever look at all your scraps but none of them seem to ever go together well enough to make a card? That's usually me, but for some reason I spied a couple of patterned papers in the pile that looked like they could work together along with some card stock strips. Add in a Spellbinders Classic Circle die, a My Favorite Things Chevron Stripe die and some assorted vinyl snowflakes: I managed to create a card!
More of the paper scraps on the back, along with an Impression Obsession stamped siggie. Saving the inside stamping for when I know the recipient(s).
A close-up to hopefully show the Wink of Stella glitter on the snowy ground and around the outer edge of the globe, the white gel penned snow balls and trees, the black gel pen tracing of the sentiment and the gold shadow gel penning on the snow flakes and the center of the deer's head flower. It and the vinyl snowflakes are very pretty touches in real life to this woodsy vintage look.
And a final view. I would really benefit from locking myself in a room with my Christmas box for about a week, but since that's definitely not going to happen I'll be grateful for any progress making the cards and using up scraps! Hope you are having a productive week and thanks for dropping by. XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
Snow flies in the wind/air and also in a snowglobe if you shake it 😊
I've used Promarkers and gel pens to color my focal
I've used an ADU digital image Christmas Snowglobe
Two Chevron Stripe die cuts; two styles of vinyl snowflake embellishments
Nature scene inside the snowglobe

25 comments:

Donna Walls said...

Great idea to have a monthly holiday card quota, I really should do this. This is an adorable image and you've colored it beautifully. Thanks for entering your sweet project in the challenge at The Paper Funday.
Donna
The Paper Funday Challenge
The Inspiration Station Challenge

Makira said...

Beautiful card, Aimeslee! It is way too beautiful of a day today for you to "lock yourself" inside. However, it would be fun to craft non-stop for a week. LOL! Thank you for your continued support of our challenge. Cheers, Makira

Colorful Options Challenge

Pamela said...

That's a very different design of a Christmas card - it's very pretty.
Pamela
CD Sundy Plus DT.

Celeste said...

Very cute and colorful! Impressed with your desire to ge the Christmas cards done so far in advanced - I’m not that organized!! Thanks for participating in our challenge from “A Place to Start”!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Marching along alright--LOL. Got it.

What a beautiful job on your coloured image. I can even see the wink of stella. The blue sky against the deer and trees really stands out.

I'm busy making Christmas cards. Not sure if you remember my Tim Holtz penguin die card. I just cut out 10 more penguins and will glue them together when I'm in the mood. I want to up my game with my Christmas cards this year.

Save this cute card of yours for me this year--LOL. Birthday card ever make it?

My name is Erika. said...

Making a Christmas card a month is a great goal. I would have to be very disciplined to do that, so I had to laugh with your comment about locking yourself in a room with decorations. I love your reindeer in his snow little view. This is a fun card Aimeslee. I hope you aren't having any Christmas weather though. I'm hoping any potential winter weather stays at the north pole. Hugs-Erika

Darlene said...

Fabulous card my friend! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth Christmas challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!!

Darlene
PEACE ON EARTH CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

P.S. Thanks for also sharing with us over on Colorful Options!! Good Luck!

Alyson Mayo said...

That is the sweetest image... and so beautifully coloured. Bling for Christmas - always important! Love it :)

Angelique said...

What a cute card. Thank you for joining us at Creative Christmas Challenge.
Greetings Angelique, dt

SarahR said...

Hello Aimeslee, such a cute image and a lovely Christmas card. Your papers are just lovely - well done on using up your scraps!

Thanks for joining in with us at Colour Crazy Craft Challenge.
Sarah
DT - Colour Crazy Craft

Bonnie Lynn said...

Beautiful card Aimeslee! I absolutely love snow globes! Thanks for the love you left on my blog as well.

Kelly Schelske said...

Great card and adorable image Aimeslee!

Thank you for playing along with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends this time around- good luck!

aprettypinkpeony said...

Such a sweet image for a Christmas card. Thank you so much for joining our challenge at All Dressed Up Stamps. Good luck with your entry! Pam~DT

Wendy said...

What a colorful and festive background and your snow globe is so pretty! Thank you for sharing it and playing along with ABC Christmas Challenge ~ Wendy

Seafield Jo said...

This is such a lovely Christmas card. Well done for using some of your scraps. I'm terrible for keeping every little bit and then forgetting to look through them!

Thanks for joining us again.

Jo
CD Sunday Plus DT

baileyrosy.com said...

Well if they are your scraps the other cards must have been amazing. My scraps usually end in the bin. You have made such a fantastic Christmas card and I just adore the snow globe.

Marie

Twórcze pasje Danki said...

Cute Christmas card. Great thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy Designs Challenges.
Wish you good luck and hope to see you soon.
Hugs
Danka
Twórcze pasje Danki {My Blog}

JulieP said...

You chose a fun mix of elements! Love the sparkle and patterns. Thanks so much for playing along with us at the HLS Die challenge!

Kristine said...

Aww, this image reminds me of a couple of mine from years ago, really sweet 🥰 I keep meaning to get back over to the outlawz to play along and I just keep getting sidetracked or busy with new release stuff.
Tell me, which outlawz challenge is your favorite?? 😊

Have a craftastic day❣
-K

Carole Pollard said...

Gorgeous such a pretty design Thanks for joining All Dressed Up Stamps challenge Carole Design Team x

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful creation I adore the image you have chosen to use it is a real cutie thank you for joining our challenge this month at ALL DRESSED UP
hugs
lorraine x

Doris Klein said...

Wow.. what an amazing work! Love the colours and the cute image!

Thanks for playing along with our Challenge at Critter Crazy and good luck!

Hugs and please come back soon!
Doris
Kleido’s BastelStüble
*Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
*Owner*Critter Crazy Challenges
*List Manager* Challenges for Days
*DT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2

Fabiola said...

très charmante carte, merci de jouer avec nous chez ABC Christmas Card, biz

Helen said...

A beautiful card.

Thanks for sharing it with us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Aunty Sue said...

what a great Christmas card love the sparkle and thanks for sharing at All Dressed Up