Friday, March 18, 2022

Make A Wish Dragon for Outlawz Festive Friday

 Happy FriYay, Folks! Hope no one got pinched on St. Paddy's Day and your weekend is lined up for a lil fun. 
Today begins a new challenge at Outlawz Festive Fridays Challenge. Our sponsor is Lee Holland Art, who generously provided us with images. I used the digital image Dragon with Butterflies on my design team make I am sharing today.
Our themes for the current challenge. I have all of them covered except Christmas. 😊
 
For my layout design, I chose this Splitcoaststampers sketch SC254. I followed it pretty faithfully, but made one addition: the big pink-bradded yellow Prima Sprite paper flower. Just because. 😊
 
At left is the embossing folder I used on the yellow mat layer. Love this folder, first time to use. At right are the Tombow watercolor markers I picked out to use, matching the DCWV Florals Stack patterned paper and DCWV Collage Art Stack card stock. I used Spellbinders Classic Squares and Lacey Squares dies.
 
At left, I stamped Clear Dollar and Woodware sentiments with MFT inside the card. At right, the back of the card where I used some of the yummy Collage Art card stock and scraps with a stamped  Impression Obsession siggie on die cut scraps I found in the collection.
Close-up time! I colored the focal image with the Tombows, then stenciled the sky (TH Bubble) and the grass (Funky Fossil) with various dye inks. I added faux paint splatters with my white gel pen. I added Cotton Candy Stickles to the flower centers and all around the image's edge. I added gold metallic accents to the butterflies. I stamped the Lawn Fawn sentiment using Versafine Onyx ink.
And a final view. Let's see, I dry-embossed, stamped, colored, die cut and stenciled on this card. I do like how it turned out (many times I really have no clue 😁). This image approaches the edge of my comfort zone as I've never been into dragons but I got through it ok. It's a very cute little dragon. 😉 I can probably give this card to one of my nieces. 

Thanks for visiting me today! XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
Two yellow flowers, two butterflies, two square layers
Dies used noted in post

28 comments:

Sladjana Perisic said...

What a beautiful card. Thank you for sharing with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge. Good luck with your entry, and we hope to see you again.

Donna from Creative Pixie Designs
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Design Team

Susan Renshaw said...

Love the dragon with butterflies (and daisies) image!
Thanks for sharing with Happy Little Stampers!

brenda said...

Blogger is becoming a real pain with not showing photos lately, I can see a couple of the smaller ones but that's it. Thought it was just me but apparently not and same on lots of blogs.

But I can see nice fresh yellows and flowers and can still say thanks so much for joining in at We Love Stamping Spring challenge.

B x

Michelle N. said...

Such a bright and cheery card-wonderful image! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas!

Lisa J said...

How Cute! Thanks for sharing with us at Daisy Chain Challenge. Lisa J DT

Arlene said...

It's such a fun card with the cute dragon. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our Birthday challenge this month.

stampinwithanita said...

Wow! What an amazing amount of techniques used on this card. Really came out beautifully...thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenges.

Kelly Schelske said...

Fantastic card Aimeslee! Bright and cheery!

Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends- good luck!

My name is Erika. said...

Can I only make 1 wish? I have about 5 right now. Smile. I love this happy card and that cute dragon too. It's a beauty. Hope your weekend is going well. Hugs-Erika

Donna Walls said...

So precious! I adore Lee Holland images and you've created a lovely card. Thanks for sharing your lovely project with us at The Paper Funday Challenge.
Donna
The Paper Funday Challenge
The Inspiration Station Challenge

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

This pretty card is so adorable. The colors are so cheerful. I can't resist cuteness either. Your dragon is indeed cute.

You certainly used many techniques which gives this card a punch.

Crafting Queen said...

Love the cute image and your bright colours. Thanks for joining We Love Stamping. Anesha

Shandy Davis said...

I love everything about your card.The image, the colors and the added embellishments all are so perfect together. Thank you for joining us over at Paper Funday,Shandy,DT

Kristine said...

Such a CUTE card!! Loving that dotty background and that floral embossing folder, so sweet... and of course the cute image!
Have a craftastic day❣😊
Hugs,
-K

craftytrog said...

A beautiful Spring card!

Alyson Mayo said...

How cute - the image is so great for spring and I love the background as well :)

nancy littrell said...

TFS your sweet, whimsical and very colorful card, which included stenciling. Pleased you joined us at STAMPlorations. Hugs...Nancy

Helma said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining the challenge of Girlz Rebel Challenges. Greetings Helma DT GRC

Doris Klein said...

Wow.. what an amazing work! Love the colours and the cute image!

Thanks for playing along with our Challenge at Critter Crazy and good luck!

Hugs and please come back soon!
Doris
Kleido’s BastelStüble
*Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
*Owner*Critter Crazy Challenges
*List Manager* Challenges for Days
*DT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2

Helen said...

A great, colourful design.

Thanks for joining us at My Time to Craft.

Helen x

Ellibelle said...

Another beautiful creation, the dragon is so sweet and beautifully colored too! Thank you so much for sharing again at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!

Suze said...

Love the spring feeling to this card Aimeslee. Thank you for entering the (Nature and Scenery) and/or (Home and Food) Challenge at Incy Wincy Designs.

creationsnz said...

Such a fab image and that stencilled sky is super (must remember to do that) making a rich scene. Thanks for sharing with us at Critter Crazy, CarolG

Mervi said...

Lovely spring card!
Thank you for sharing at We Love Stamping Challenge;-))m

Larelyn said...

I love this adorable Lee Holland image and your design is perfect for it. Thank you for joining our Pearly Sparkles One for the Girls challenge.

Anna said...

What a colorful and fun card. I love all of the texture. Thank you for joining us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned March paper challenge!
Anna, Design Team

Jana Forrest said...

Aimeslee your card is wonderful. Spring has sprung for certain. Thanks for linking up with us over at Crafty Gals. Best of luck, DT~Jana Forrest

Ilonka said...

I love your card so much, thanks for sharing it with us at The Colour it, Create it, Show it off Challenge Blog.
Hugs Ilonka DT