Saturday, March 19, 2022

Carnival Birthday Guy Card

 Hello and Happy Saturday! I have a birthday card to share made for my oldest nephew who turns 29 next week. I wanted a fun festive Carnival/Circus-themed masculine card but not a juvenile-looking one. Hopefully, I've achieved my goal.
Except for the white card base and white strips the ribbon is adhered to, the papers are all my very old scraps leftover from Basic Grey's 12x12 Color Me Silly collection.
 
I'm using my 4"x6.75" mini-slimline dimensions again, so I chose Splitcoaststampers SC872 slimline sketch and resized it in PSE. I won't lie: the diagonal lines flat out almost scared me away from using the sketch. But then I thought to print the sketch out exactly to scale and cut the middle sections out to use like a dress pattern on my papers. It worked pretty darn well, I'm happy to say.
The focal image is a stamp from Artistic Outpost's Send in the Clowns set. I've had it since 2010 but haven't ever felt like using it before. I used Versafine Clair Nocturne ink on a BG scrap of yellow and after it dried I colored it in places with my Winks of Stella reds and blues and yellows. (I now have an entire rainbow set of WOS colors.) I ink-distressed  all around the edge with Red Brick VersaMagic chalk ink. Then, to make the clown look a little crazy-funny, I used a white gel pen around his eyes. I stamped a Kaiserkraft flag banner with Versamark on another BG scrap, then white heat-embossed it and cut 2 out to put at top. I drew a cord to connect them using a black gel pen. I stamped 2 MFT sentiments along with the banner and treated same way, cut out freehand and ink-edged them. Ribbon added on white card. Red sequins {sneezed} all over to finish.
Here's the back, more of the BG scraps and a stamped siggie. I stamped the inside with a Woodware sentiment but forgot to take a pic.
Close-up of the image to show the Wink of Stella glitter.
And a final view. I'm hoping he likes it and gets a kick out of that crazy clown face. Thanks for visiting me today! XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
Artistic Outpost Send in the Clowns Stamp Set - 2010
Two flags, two clowns, two rows of ribbon, two white heat-embossed sentiments
I was inspired by the cookies' birthday theme and bright primary colors.

11 comments:

Darlene said...

Awesome card Aimeslee (clowns still creep me out! lol). Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

P.S. If I hadn’t already mentioned it, just wanted to let you know that we have another new challenge blog. This time it’s all about using your EMBOSSING FOLDERS. I hope you’ll come check us out and play along at CAN YOU HANDLE THE PRESSURE. Hope to see you there!

dj said...

That Send In the Clown set is super fun!! Any you did a fabulous job of showcasing it...made me want to add it to my wishlist!! Thanks for joining the fun over at Cardz 4 Guyz and playing along with our "slim line card" challenge!!

Inkyfingers said...

This turned out fabulously, Aimeslee! It looks like a really complex design but you nailed the sketch beautifully and the patterns and colours complement it so well. He's gonna love it!
Take care.
Hugs
Carol x

Kelly Schelske said...

Wow, what a fun card! Great design, great papers, colors- all the things!

Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends- good luck!

Sladjana Perisic said...

Your nephew will love it, it's fabulous! Thank you for sharing with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge. Good luck with your entry, and we hope to see you again.

Donna from Creative Pixie Designs
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Design Team

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous card
Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge good luck Ginny DT
Penny's Challenge
My Blog As I do Rodos

My name is Erika. said...

That Artistic Outpost stamp set a fun oldie. Too bad they aren't around any longer. (Or at least I believe they aren't around.) And fun clown card too. You picked some fun patterned paper to feel like the circus too. Happy first day of spring!!! (Although you probably have had some spring weather already-maybe?) hugs-Erika

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

How fun! I love that clown and the stripes of paper. It's going to be a well loved card. I probably have stamps from 2010 unstained too. LOL

Art by Zowie Dixon said...

Fabulous, FABULOUS card! I just love every detail, from the bright and fun colours to the clown images. You have really captured the carnival theme! Thank you for joining us at Sparkles monthly challenge. Hugs, Zowie (DT) x

Dawn Phillips said...

That's a fabulous card for a guy. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Monthly Challenge. Love Dawn x

Deanne Saunders said...

Awesome!!! And I LOVE the BG paper!!!! I love pulling out my BG paper from time to time. Thanks so much for participating in my IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE... challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Stay safe and healthy!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper