Sunday, March 20, 2022

Wishing You Well

 Hello! Popping in quickly this evening with what I grew up calling a "notecard". Left the inside blank for a handwritten note. I used all Stamplorations stamps that are among my oldest of that brand and I've never used most of them before. So now's the time!
Card Materials:
My stamps are shown below, Light blue SU A2 card base, DCWV 4.5x6.5" Patterned Stack, white textured card stock, white smooth card stock, Distressed Ink, Promarkers, copper metallic wax colored pencil, Memento inks, Versafine Clair Morning Mist, Brilliance Cosmic Copper, Versamark, copper embossing powder, Viva Decor Copper Pearl Pen.
I accented as much as I could with metallic copper: embossing the sentiment and dotting around it with copper paint dots, edging my background with copper ink all around, and coloring the well shingles and handle/cable with copper metallic pencil. The background was sponged with Distress Antique Linen ink and then stamped with Desert Sand, London Fog, Toffee Crunch and Potter's Clay Memento inks using the Retro Mod Stamps. The well was colored with Promarkers and accented with the copper pencil.
 

 
Here are the clear stamps I've used. I used them to stamp the well, the shapes background and the sentiment. I'm not exactly sure that the Blooms set is as old, but the other 3 were bought in 2014 and 2015 and all of them are retired. I am VERY PROUD of that background, lol. I was so scared to do it and the relief was huge when I finished without screwing it up. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
 
For my layout, I went with this very simple Splitcoaststampers sketch because I did not want to cover up my background any more than necessary, lol. I is proud of it! 😁 So, I substituted/used the well for the vertical element. Not really even a variation to my mind, but I would have otherwise used paper or trim so I suppose it could be one.
A fuzzy close-up (sorry), but the only one I took that captures the copper pencil shine on the handle and bucket rope/wire...cable? (I've never actually been in the presence of an old well!) πŸ˜• Artistic License, please! 😊
 
Here's the back with more DCWV paper and a Technique Tuesday siggie stamped in Versamark and copper heat-embossed. The sentiment in the middle stamped in Versafine Clair Acorn ink is by Sweet Stamp Shop.
And a final view. Thanks for visiting me today and have a great evening! XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
I hand-stamped:
1. Stamplorations Old Well (no longer sold, digi version here)
2. Stamplorations Retro Mod Shapes stamps set (no longer sold) to create my background
1. Stamplorations Old Well (no longer sold, digi version here)
2. Stamplorations Retro Mod Shapes stamps set (no longer sold) to create my background
The Stamplorations Retro Mod Shapes stamp set I used for the background is retired/no longer sold. I bought it when it first came out in 2015 and never used it until now.

13 comments:

Bethie said...

Neat card. Those shingles are outstanding as is your background. I love all the copper. Somebody's going to treasure this. Rock on!

Kristine said...

Very nice, love the copper and that background screams MOD! Great job 😊

craftytrog said...

Great card, I love the background!

Alyson Mayo said...

What a cute sentiment to use with a wishing well image! Love this - the blocks in the background are a great setting for the well.

Monika Skinner said...

Beautiful, absolutely love your, Aimeslee. So glad you used some of the older stamps. I was looking trough my collection this afternoon thinking I need to get some oldies out soon. Thanks so much for playing along at STAMPlorations Theme & Photo Prompt Challenge. Good Luck!

Julie B said...

Love your retro background, the texture of the card makes it look even better. If I hadn't recognised the stamp set I would have thought it was a DP! Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations. :)

Diane said...

Very creative and an awesome background, you did perfect with it along with the copper!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}
{Double D}

Darlene said...

What a fun background you have created to go with the design of your wishing well! Great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Something with a Handle’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

P.S. Thanks for also sharing this fabulous design with us over on the Sisterhood of Crafters!

Chris Dring said...

I thought at first the background was designer paper, but you STAMPED it! Wow! That looks amazing! Also love how you colored the well, adding copper accents here and there. Thanks for joining in at STAMPlorations Theme & Photo Prompt challenge.

Jane Savage said...

Lovely project! Your background looks wonderful!
Thank you for joining us this month at We Love 2 Create With Polkadoodles! Jane (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things! xxx

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant project, STUNNING design for our current challenge… Thanks for joining in at [aNNie Designer for Double D challenges
https://thejourneyisthestarthere.blogspot.com/{My Blog}

Lisa Bird said...

Awesome card design. I love your sentiment. Thank you for joining us at I Love Promarkers Blog Challenge

Best Wishes Lisa xx

craftycard-designs.co.uk

Jane said...

Lovely! Sorry for my late comment. Thanks for joining our STAMPlorations theme and photo prompt challenge. Hugs xx