Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Sunflower Frog Get Well

 HiHo, blogging friends! Hope your week's going well. Lately, I've been favoring a style/presentation that works well for masculine cards, I think, and that's good because we've had a few guy friends with various health problems (and female friends too). So, I've been trying to increase my get well card stash with cards that can be sent to anyone. But today's card is going to a guy who loves to hunt frogs, eat frog legs and even answered to Kermit as a work nickname, so it's tailor made for him.
First of all, I have to profess my love for those Sheepski Sunflowers. We grew sunflowers against our back fence for years and need to again. These look drawn very real to me. Even though I know the stalks and leaves should be a dark green, I wanted to see Spring green! And ours standing against our fence always looked like they had open arms ready to hug you. 😊 Secondly, I love the little Rubber Soul frog clear stamp that I used. He's quite old and beginning to get sticky and smooshy. I almost accidentally tore his arm pulling him off the sheet to use. He's part of the Animal Love set that is still sold. For many years I looked at him and his mates and wondered what I was thinking when I bought them, but now I like them so I guess I'm ready to appreciate them. I shall have to begin using the other cute animals in the set more as well before they all kick the bucket.
 
I went with this Splitcoaststampers sketch as it gave me a big wide spot for the sunflowers and a small connected spot for my frog, plus a sentiment spot that fit. Couldn't say no to that!
My A2 size card base, mat and frame is SU. The blue mat and the sentiment mat are textured Bazzill. All layers were cut using my Spellbinders A2 and A7 Basics Matting dies. The sunflowers were printed on Springhill Digital card and colored with Promarkers. The frog was stamped on a scrap of white card that was die cut using an Avery Elle Wonky Frame die, as was a scrap of the gold SU to cut the frame. I used a tiny EKS stamp all around the frog and an Avery Elle tree stump stamp for him to sit on. Also colored up with Promarkers to match the larger image. I stamped the EKS/Image Tree sentiment with Acorn Versafine Clair and clear-heat-embossed. We will include a handwritten note inside.
On back are paper scraps from the blue drawer. I found the siggie already made.
A close-up of my tiny little scene. 
And a final view. I do love that lil frog, those sunflowers, the sentiment and the colors. Hopefully these elements combine to brighten our friend's day and ease his pain. Cheers me up a bit, how 'bout you? 😊
Thanks so much for visiting me today! XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
Avery Elle Wonky Frames, Spellbinders A2 & A7 Matting Basics dies
Avery Elle Wonky Frames, Spellbinders A2 & A7 Matting Basics dies

36 comments:

Diane said...

What a cleverly fun card, I am sure he is going to love it!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Colorful Options!!
Diane CO DT {Nellies Nest}
{Colorful Options}

Pat said...

The sunflowers are so bright and pretty Aimeslee, and the frog is a cutie, and it made me smile so I think it will help to cheer your friend. x

Antjes kaartcreaties said...

What a beautiful card with the sunflowers and frog Aimeslee.
Thank you for joining us at Girlz Rebel Challenge.
Antje
DTGRC

Becca Sadler said...

Aimslee: Your get well encouragement card has lots of fun and charm to it! How thoughtful that you've tailored it to this guy's favorite things to do and eat. Thanks for including MTTC animal theme in your link-ups! --Becca/DT

Darlene said...

OMG LOVE the little froggie scene and your overall card is delightful! Well done my friend! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Colorful Options!
Darlene
COLORFUL OPTIONS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Melanie Hungerford said...

That's sure to bring a smile to someone who needs a little cheering up! Thank you for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guys.

My Side of Oz said...

I adore your little frog and his happy little scene you create! The sunflowers are just icing on the cake for this super special card!

Alyson Mayo said...

Those sunflowers are just beautiful and the little frog is a great way to wish someone a get well sentiment. The bold yellow - LOVE!

Billie A said...

Wonderful card. Love the sunflowers. thanks for sharing over at Cardz 4 Guyz, Colour Crazy.

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Beautiful card . Thank you for joining us at CCC Digi Creations challenge. Good luck Ginny DT for
CCC Digi Creations
My Blog As I do Rodos

dj said...

That little froggie hidden in the sunflowers is adorable!! Thanks for playing along with our "equinox seasonal changes" over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! This card is sure to brighten your guy friends day.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a beautiful, sunny, happy card to greet me on my return to commenting Aimes. Your frog looks like he is felt? Love the sunflowers and design. Definitely a wonderful cheer up card, love it. Thank you so much for joining us in our Animals challenge at The Male Room Good Luck and I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
Faith DT

My name is Erika. said...

Adding that frog to the beautiful sunflowers is a fun addition. I do like that frog. I don't know about eating frog's legs though. Hope your friend likes the card too. Thanks for sharing with us at Try It on Tuesday, and have a great rest of the week. Hugs-Erika

Jackie C said...

A sweet and happy card.
So glad you have posted this to us at 613 Avenue Create.
Please come back again!
The best of luck with your entry.
Jackie, DT member at 613 xx

valscraftings said...

Beautiful sunflowers, love the cute frog, fabulous card!

Thanks for joining in our challenge!

Val S - LeighSBDesigns DT
https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns

Judy McKay said...

Lovely get well card. Very pretty design.
Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Crate this week. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

pearshapedcrafting said...

I usually love anything but frogs! In this case I will make an exception as those flowers are so beautiful I can focus on those and not the frog!!! I'm sure you friend will better for seeing it! Thanks so much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday, Chrisx

Mrs.B said...

A great card Aimeslee, sunflowers are such 'happy' flowers and adding that cute little frog gives a fun twist to this card. I'm sure your friend will absolutely love this.
Thanks for sharing at Try it on Tuesday.
Avril x

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Wonderful card Thanks for joining us at Daisy chain Challenges

Geweldige creatie heb je gemaakt. Leuk dat je meedoet bij Daisy chain Challenges
Hugs
Claudia
DT Daisy chain Challenges

https://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.com/
http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be
http://girlzrebelchallenge.blogspot.com
https://girlzcreativecrafts.blogspot.com

Marina said...

Such a bright and cheerful design! Thanks for joining in at Inkspirational Challenges.

Julie said...

Such a happy spring card - love the framed frog! Thanks for playing along with my 'Anything Spring' Challenge at Passion for Markers this week, good luck! Juliexx

Lisa Bird said...

Fantastic card and great sentiment. Thank you for joining us at I Love Promarkers Blog Challenge

Best Wishes Lisa xx

craftycard-designs.co.uk

The Crafty Den said...

What a pretty card Aimeslee. The image is super cute and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for sharing with us over at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Beautiful design and fab composition.  Thanks for playing in our neighborhood at 613 Avenue Create. We look forward to seeing you again.
Hugs
Berni Cuttino, 613 Avenue Create ,DT Coordinator
613 Avenue Create ,Challenge Blog
chasingthedream, My Blog

Marie Bingaman said...

I know this taylor-made card will cheer your friend right up! I love the bright cheery colors. Thanks for sharing with us at Digi Doodle Studios, and good luck! 😊

PS. Apologies for the late comment!

~Marie B -DT

Marlene Atkinson said...

A super cute card. Thank you for joining us at Passion for Markers. Marlene

ILEANA ARTUFFO said...

Beautiful creation! I love sunflowers!
Thanks for playing at I Love Promarkers Challenge.
Ileanaxx

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Such an awesome card. I quite enjoyed your story on Kermit

MortiCraft said...

Fabulous colours in your card and very cute frog for our animals challenge. Thanks for playing along with The Male Room. X

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

Adorable froggie card! Thanks for playing along in LeighSBDesigns challenge this month!
Happy Creating!
Leigh
https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
https://www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns
https://www.LeighSBDesigns.com

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Congratulations!  You have been selected as a TOP ROCKER for the week of 03/26/2022
613 Avenue Create
Please stop by our blog and grab your badge 
The Design Team

Judy V said...

Fabulous creation! Thanks for joining us for our "Perfect Pets and Animaals" challenge at Digi Doodle Studios!

SarahR said...

Hello Aimeslee, what a fabulous card! Love the image and bright colours - such fun! Hope your friend is feeling better soon - your card is sure to cheer him up in any case!

Thanks for joining in with us at Colour Crazy Challenges this time,
Sarah
DT - Colour Crazy

Mia said...

Beautiful! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Try it on Tuesday with this lovely creation. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
Mia
Designer for Try it on Tuesday
craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

Sari / Granne said...

Absolutely perfect card for a frog fan. Love the sunny happy look, I'm sure he'll feel better after receiving it. Thank you for playing along with The Male Room's Animal challenge. I hope to see you our new Dry embossing challenge too.

Helen said...

Great card and sentiment!

Thanks for joining us at the Sparkles Challenge.

Helen x