Friday, March 25, 2022

Warm Wishes Christmas Card

 Happy FriYay and here's hoping everyone had a good week! I'll have 2 posts today so I wanted to warn you, lol. 
I made this card several days ago. I've been going through a period of not wanting to cut into fresh sheets of paper/card stock. Instead, I've been raiding my scraps. Such was the case with this card. I wanted a mainly brown card with a bit of green. I used a sheet of DCWV Textured Fall Stack card for my base (not really its intended purpose as it's rather flimsy) so paper layers were in order. I found the SU base mats on front and back in my scraps. The green holly patterned paper and the lighter brown are from DCWV Mat Stacks I've had for years and years. The Stamplorations digital image that I colored with Promarkers was printed for 2021 cards and had been waiting patiently in a shoebox for me. The brown checked faux ribbon is very old 12x12 scrapbooking stickers. (It's the two rows underneath the focal image.) And the Victorian rod die cut (with the Baker's twine wrapped around it) is from an ancient Spellbinders set of charms that hang from the rod. 
 
This Splitcoaststampers sketch did the trick as a design guide.
Here is a close-up to hopefully show the green Wink of Stella I used on the coffee cup and the clear Wink used on the pinecones, cookies and "Warm Wishes" sentiment. I also added white gel penning to the cookies and to what's in the cup.
A close-up of the twine-wrapped hanger die cut.
 
At left, the inside with sentiments from Stamplorations and Flourishes, stamped with Acorn Versafine Clair. At right, the back with more of the holly paper, faux ribbon sticker scrap and Technique Tuesday/Sweet Stamp Shop punched siggie.
The final view. Thanks much for stopping by and have a great day! xoxo

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
Holly/berries patterned paper and Star Butter Tea Cookies on plate

13 comments:

Becca Sadler said...

Aimslee: Great ideas for layering and I definitely get warm and cozy vibes from the card! Lovely! Thanks for being an early participant to the MTTC's technique challenge #478!!! --Becca/DT

Darlene said...

Such a fun and fabulous card Aimeslee! It's always nice to use up some of the scraps we seem to all collect lol. You did a beautiful job using them today! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Something with a Handle’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

P.S. Thanks for also sharing in our Peace on Earth Christmas Challenge. Good Luck!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is so lovely Aimes, I love the warm wishes with the perfectly "warm" card, so beautiful and such a lovely feeling with it.
Faith x

María said...

Awesome card. I love all the papers you've chosen, they are perfect for your stamp. You've played very well with all the layers creating dimension and a frame for the stamp. Great job. Thanks for joining us at My Time To Craft. Hugs, María.

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant card, great design for our challenge.… Many thanks for entering and hope to see you again soon. Good luck in the final draw.
[aNNie proud Designer for Peace on Earth Christmas challenges
https://thejourneyisthestarthere.blogspot.com/{My Blog}

My name is Erika. said...

If your card didn’t have Christmas images it would work at my house today. High in the 20’s with a wind chill making it even colder. Brrrr. So your card, even Christmas themed speaks to me. I hate wasting scraps of paper so I will use them until there’s nothing left. And as for wolves, as from my post, I don’t want them around me either, but there does need to be a place for them. Coyotes are bad enough. We have them and fixes here too. Have a great new week. Hugs Erika

Birgit said...

What a lovely card! Thanks so much for linking up to the Double D Challenge. Best of luck to you!

Lisa said...

SO pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge!

~amy~ said...

Lovely design!
Thanks for joining us at the Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge.

craftytrog said...

I love this beauty!

Janis Lewis said...

Another fabulous card, and again... love the back of the card too. Thank you so much sharing at Christmas Crafts All Year Round and at my Crafting Happiness Challenge blog!!
Janis
Blog, Pause Dream Enjoy
Owner & Design Team, Crafting Happiness Challenges, Anything Goes
Design Team, Let’s Craft & Create
Design Team, Christmas Crafts All Year Round

Deanne Saunders said...

Beautiful card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR ROUND challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Stay safe and healthy!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Claudia Martins said...

Lovely and sweet card.Thank you for joining us at Throug The Purple Haze .Good luck!! Claudia Martins DT/ Coordinator