Saturday, December 25, 2021

Believe in the Magic of Christmas

A Merry Christmas Day to All! I wish for all of us a pleasant and safe holidays. Honey and I have been spending a quiet day, heard from a few relatives and neighbors, listening to Christmas music and looking forward to our dinner this evening,
I love this pre-colored Holy Night image from The Paper Shelter so much I used it a second time, and also with the same Making Memories papers. This was one of the last cards I made and I needed to keep it simple and quick, so I used another cream-colored 6x6" card base that photographs white in some of my photos. And the one Making Memories foiled paper layer. I think the foiling gives off a vintage look.
    

I chose this Splitcoaststampers sketch after stretching it in PSE to a 6x6 and deciding I actually liked it better! I also went with a long sentiment at bottom instead of a panel because I didn't want to hide any of the foiled paper. 
I stamped a Crafters Companion sentiment in Versamark, then heat-embossed it with Ranger red tinsel powder, which wasn't the best idea. So I took a red Sharpie and traced over all the letters. I saved those dark burnt orange/Moroccan red cut-out negatives left over cutting a Spellbinders lattice die, so I've used them as image corners and sentiment ends. I really like the shape and I do think they go well with the paper, too.
  
Inside the card, I stamped a Stamplorations sentiment with VersafineClair Warm Breeze ink, using a red metallic gel pen to hilight a few words. On back, another piece of the Making Memories and a fussy-cut stamped on a paper scrap and heat-embossed Kaiserkraft siggie.
A close-up to show the shimmer of the foiled paper and the glittery tinsel embossing on the sentiment.
Here's a final view. I just love that paper with the image, the colors blend so well and are beautiful each in their own right. Thanks for visiting and enjoy your holidays! XOX
MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
Revisit a 2021 Challenge: #47, #49, #50, #53

10 comments:

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

You did such a lovely job with this project. Nice work.
Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT / Admin / Registered Owner for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Another outstanding card. I agree it is a beautiful image and it rocks what you've done with your card.

Pat said...

I love your beautiful card Aimeslee and hope you have been having a really enjoyable Christmas. Thank you so much for your very complimentary words and thank you for your visits during the year, and wishing you a Happy New Year. x

Kristine said...

Beautiful card Aimslee! I love the foiled paper and sketch. I see the similarities with your previous card. But I really like this sketch better, shows off more of the pretty paper 🥰

Suze said...

Elegant card Aimeslee. I like the shine from the background paper. Thank you for entering the Any Christmas Card Goes Challenge at 12 Months of Christmas.

Alyson Mayo said...

I am SO behind with my blog comments... please accept my apology! That image is reminiscent of Christmas years ago - and the background you created is beautiful. It complements the picture perfectly.

dorsetdawndesigns said...

Nice design and I love the background. Thanks for joining in our challenge at Sparkles Monthly Dawn S DT x

Loose Stitches said...

Beautiful creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
~ Sherry DT/Admin xx

Tone K. said...

Really pretty card :)
Thanks a lot for joining us at Creatalicious! :)

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Super toffe kaart Leuk dat je meedoet met onze challenge bij Creative Sketchy Girls.
Amazing card Thanks for joining us at Creative Sketchy Girls.

XX
Claudia

DT Creative Sketchy Girls

https://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.com/
http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be
http://girlzrebelchallenge.blogspot.com
https://girlzcreativecrafts.blogspot.com