Sunday, December 26, 2021

And Now For Something Completely Different...

 Well, Christmas is over and I dunno know about you but I'm tired! ๐Ÿ˜‚ Probably burned out a little, but I still can't quit making stuff. I'm like on auto-pilot. I had in my mind if I could make the time to make something for the Two Old Bats Challenge so I went over to Gecko Galz's Gothic Challenge to get this month's image and make it a twofer. 
Well, I almost bailed on that idea - wow, what to do with that nose, er, nasal cavity? But then I remembered a Poe quote I saw recently and went to Pinterest where I found it on a graphic with a Pinterest attribution dead-end so I don't know who to credit. I think it's perfect for the image, though. Definitely snort-worthy, right???? heeheehee ๐Ÿ˜‚
  
So I used this Splitcoaststampers sketch to make an A2 sized Halloween card. Haven't done the inside or back yet as I haven't decided what to use or say yet and I do have some time. I used a yellow Pebbles card blank and layered on paper by Memory Box and SEI that I edge-distressed. Then I edge-distressed the Gecko Galz image and ran a gold metallic Posca paint pen all around the inside edge, then a black Promarker on the edge. I sponged Victorian Velvet Distress ink on the sentiment quote, then edged it with Ancient Page Stone Grey and the black Promarker. I die cut a piece of white with a Spellbinders Doilly die and sponged Brilliance Galaxy Gold on it, then the Stone Grey, then some black Wink of Stella on the edges, wiping it off quickly to give it a smudgy look but still some sparkle. I cut some Rubbernecker tiny flowers, painted them with the Wink of Stella and arranged on my sentiment. I die cut the HOTP leaf branch and sponged on the gold Brilliance, then tucked it under my sentiment and image. 
And a final view. I'm so glad I remembered Poe's quote, which is from his short story Ligeia. It's actually something Lord Francis Bacon said and Poe is quoting him. But I digress. No matter who said it, finding it inspired me to think I could pull off doing this image justice. I think I gave it some vintage Victorian grunge. Thanks for visiting today and stay well out there! Enjoy your off-time if you are taking any. xoxo

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:

8 comments:

Cardsbykatefletcher said...

Thats an interesting image, I have several friends that would love that! I like the torn edge effect you have gone for on your matts as well. Thank you for sharing it with us at Paper Fundays Challenge. Kate x

Darlene said...

WOW what an image and yes that quote is perfect! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at the Two Old Bats Halloween challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back each month. Remember, if we have 50+ entries, (you can enter THREE times), we will give a PRIZE.

Darlene
TWO OLD BATS HALLOWEEN CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

P.S. Hope you had a delightful Christmas!

Vickie Y said...

Love the image and quote! Thank you for sharing with us at Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Love that quote you went with! So perfect for this creepy image. I hope you had a nice Christmas. Yes, tired out is what we are, but no time for that--time to start on next year's Christmas cards.

You really did an incredible job with this image.

The Papercrafting Pixie said...

I love this gothic style card and the quote is perfect. Thank you for entering the We Love to Create Challenge, Gabrielle Polkadoodles DT

Catie Cuddles said...

Fab gothic card.
Thank you for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge blog in December. Hope to see you again in the new year!
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT

Loose Stitches said...

Fabulous creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at The Creative Crafters. We hope to see you again.
~ Sherry DT/Admin xx

Creaine said...

So nice this!! Thanks for linking up with us at Let’s Craft and Create Challenge. Hope to see you again next time.
DT Ine http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/