Friday, December 24, 2021

Route 66 Biker Birthday for Festive Fridays

 Happy Christmas Eve again and my second post today. I'm sharing my design team card for the new Outlawz Festive Fridays Challenge running today thru Jan. 6th. Come join us!
Our sponsor Fred She Said Designs generously provided us with digital images to work with and I've used their pre-coloured image Afternoon Ride. The printed image and red mat were both cut with Spellbinder's nested squares dies. Peeking out from underneath the red mat is a postage stamp die cut, also by Spellbinders.
Here are the challenge themes to choose from. My choice was Birthday, as this card is for one of my brother-in-laws' 66th birthday and he distance-rides when he can.
 
I chose this Splitcoaststampers sketch for my layout design resizing to A7. 
I cut a sheet of green SU card stock for the base. The papers are a mish-mash: red copy paper, Cosmo Cricket, Cornish Heritage Farms Scrapblocks and a piece of a map out of an old travel atlas. I found the cool Route 66 sign on the internet. The sentiment is Hero Arts stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with Gunmetal Ranger powder.
Inside, stamped Stamplorations and Hero Arts sentiments using Versafine ink.
On back I used paper from DWV Maps, Text & Ledgers 8x8 paper pad and a stamped and circle-punched Technique Tuesday siggie.
And a final view. Thanks for visiting me and I hope you and yours have a safe and cozy Christmas! XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
Love blues and greens, old signs and map papers, Cosmo Cricket paper, making a decent guy card (my husband approved this one lol) and most of all using pre-coloured digis when my arthritic fingers are too swollen to color.

7 comments:

Monica C. said...

I love the vibe of this card, Aimeslee! The papers work so well together.
I would also like to wish you and yours a Merry Christmas and all the best for 2022. Thank you for sharing your creativity with us.
Hugs Monica

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Fantastic masculine card! Have a Very Merry Christmas. Received your gorgeous Christmas card. After Christmas it will be with all the others you sent. Love ya--Bethie

Rain said...

Oh I love that card Aimeslee!!! Very cool! Merry Christmas!! ♥♥

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Great project and nice work. Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT / Admin / Registered Owner for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

Barbara Bruder said...

What a great card for your brother in law. Love your card design and I'm sure he will too. Thanks for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Barbara DT member for { World Wide Open Design Team Challenge}

Loose Stitches said...

Totally fabulous creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
~ Sherry DT/Admin xx

Jackie C said...

So glad that you have shared your great artwork with us here at Through the Purple Haze.
Good luck hun and do come back again!
Jackie DT @ TTPH