Monday, November 15, 2021

Rockin' Retirement to a Tea

 Here I am again, hope everyone has nice weather to enjoy. I had planned to post this Saturday, but we got our second COVID jabs on Friday and this evening we finally began to feel our old selves again. I'm sharing a retirement card for one of Honey's long-time work buddies whom I also knew in school. When I saw this Dr. Digi image Derek Clapton, I knew I had to use it. Our friend played tennis in school, loves tea and rock n roll and actually now looks somewhat like Derek.
I decided to make a half-sheet card (5.5x8.5"). The base is Kraft card stock and the check and striped plaid papers are very old Rusty Pickle, edges distressed. I used Avery Elle and Lawn Fawn banner/flag dies for the computer-generated sentiment. I printed Derek out and then took my ruler and created a floor, floorboards and wall by drawing the two parallel horizontal lines behind the dresser. The Dr. Digi Facebook group cover has this type of interior drawn and so I tried to replicate it, not as well but it serves my purpose here perfectly. I also used my Fiber Friend ruler and an awl to punch holes along the top and bottom edges of the image.
 
This Splitcoaststampers sketch SC699, resized in PSE, was my layout map. 
I hand-stamped the dog and cat, and for the life of me I cannot identify who made them. I do know they are from the early years of my stamp buying but that's it. Not even a guess. I also know they are both cuties! The cat's sleeping obliviously and the dog looks like he's rolling his eyes! πŸ˜‚ I get a chuckle looking at my scene. I colored everything with Promarkers, except that I used a black gel pen to color the headphone wire. I "hung" 2 faux framed pictures made with Spellbinders charm dies.

Close-ups of the framed "art" on the wall. πŸ˜…πŸ˜† I took a Sakura silver metallic gel pen and scribbled two quick sketches (they are so small I might as well have had my eyes closed). After the gel ink dried, I colored in with Promarkers and well, I was pleasantly surprised! Thought they were gonna look a lot worse! 😚
Inside the card, matted with the striped paper used on the front. Added an Impression Obsession sentiment stamped with Versafine Majestic Blue on a sheet of white card stock colored with Promarkers.
For the back, more of the paper used on front, edge distressed first. Technique Tuesday stamped siggie in 2 colors of Versafine ink..
And a final view. Thanks so much for visiting and until next time, be crafty and stay well! XOX
MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
Since there is wood furniture in my little scene, I colored it with different shades of brown like the tree ring/roots.
Sponsor items used: Lawn Fawn and Avery Elle flag banner dies,
Impression Obsession inside stamped sentiment
I took inspiration from the mood board this time: the wood trunk reminded me of the furniture in my little scene, the sweater sleeve and folded blankets reminded me of Derek's sweater vest, socks and long sweats, the round wreath like my round wall hanging, and both are indoor scenes.
Option played! Promarkers used to color entire scene, and I think it's humorous :-)
Front sentiment is cut with Lawn Fawn and Avery Elle banner flag dies
Colored entire image and scene with Promarkers
Option played!

20 comments:

craftytrog said...

Brilliant card Aimeslee!

Darlene said...

OMG what a fun image and great take on our mood board! Always fun to see what other people see in our boards as their inspiration! Glad you're feeling better and SO HAPPY you got your vaccines! We have had all three of ours PLUS our flu shot so we are hopefully 'good to go'! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back again soon.

Darlene
FOUR SEASONS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Monica C. said...

This is a sharp card, Amy! I love that digi and the scene you created is so well put together.
I am so sorry that I have been AWOL so long and I thank you very kindly for still visiting my blog. I kind of am starting to feel a bit like "last man standing" in my acquaintance circle at the moment. I seem to be attending way too many funerals.
Hugs Monica

Karen Letchworth said...

You are super creative. Thanks for sharing this super FUN card with us at The Four Seasons Challenge. We hope you will stop by again soon.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

You know I really admire your artwork, and this card truly says why. All those details you hand draw and fun elements draws me in. Have a great day--Bethie

Diane said...

Adorably cute and fun scene you have created. We have all 3 of our vaccines and luckily other then sore arms we were good to go! Thank you for joining our challenge at Four Seasons!
Diane FS DT {Nellies Nest}

Leslie Miller said...

What a fun scene and cleverly done! It sounds perfect for your friend. I'm happy you shared it with us at Four Seasons!

Donna Walls said...

Dr. Digi images are so fun and I love your intrepretation of the photo at The Inspiration Station Challenge. Thanks for playing and sharing your great card. Donna

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! Aimes, this is "rocking it" I love the image, love the papers, the little frames you made, it's just a scene that is so believable and wonderful. Your friend is going to absolutely LOVE it. And of course the insert and back are just perfect as always.
Good to hear that you are all vaccined up! and feeling better.
Faith x

Michelle B. said...

Haaaa, your card brought a smile to my face, I absolutely love it! What a perfect Retirement card, well done! So glad you joined us at Creative Sketchy Girls!

Fikreta said...

so wonderful and fun!
Hello from Coffee Lovers Blog Hop!☕

ahlers5 said...

Love this! I thought about making this for my husband's birthday, but never got around to it. He builds guitars and is teaching himself how to play. My grandson said the other day while we were homeschooling "Where is that music coming from?" I told him it was grandpa playing the guitar. He said "Maybe one day he can teach me to play like that!" My husband was thrilled when I told him. He has a guitar for each family member when he passes, or maybe before if he'''s going to teach grandkids.

Jackie C said...

Just perfect for the Challenge!
Great project!
Fabulous that you have shared this with us here at Colour Crazy.
Good luck and we hope you will come back again! Jackie DT Member xxx

Celeste Goff said...

What a fun and creative card! Nicely don!

Silke said...

So very sweet and lovely! So glad you have shared this with us at Colour Crazy. Please come back again!

Kristine said...

LOL! Love this one Aims, and you did a GREAT JOB with the photos on the wall! Very creative :)

Alyson Mayo said...

Oh, I love this! I know so many men who love to play the air guitar - this is a great image! Your scene is just perfect!

Ellibelle said...

Another fabulous creation, Aimeslee! A really fun scene, so perfect for the occasion!
Thank you so much for sharing at my Crafty Wednesday challenge! Hope you'll join in again soon!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Catie Cuddles said...

What a great scene card and lobe how you decorate everything.
Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge blog.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT

Helen said...

Fabulous card - love the scene you've created.

Thanks for joining us at the Inspiration Station Challenge.

Helen x