Friday, November 12, 2021

Grab Today By The Beans!

My second post today, hope all is well with everyone. This coming week you may see more beverages on my cards than usual. That's because I've got a few coffee/tea/cocoa themed cards made this year and I'm going to link them up with Coffee Loving Cardmakers' 2021 Fall/Winter Coffee Lovers Blog Hop. The Hop starts today, so here I go!
Today's card features coffee and a My Besties digital image, Carley Doll #13. I love her Fifties fashion vibe. I sent it to a girlfriend my age so I gave her grey hair.
I used Splitcoaststampers sketch SC23 for my layout design, resizing to A7 in PSE.
Close-up of my coloring with Promarkers... after coloring, I used a white gel pen to dot the waist bow and her eyes. I also used a black colored pencil a little bit on her hair. I rounded the image corners and ink-distressed them slightly with VersaMagic ink.
I started with an A7 Kraft card base and then layered on blue SU card stock mats and cuts from two yellow-ink-distressed patterned papers from October Afternoon's Thrift Shop collection. I also added a blue-bradded yellow Sprite flower and some premade photo corners from my stash. The CAS-ual Friday sentiments are stamped with VersaFine Majestic Blue ink.
Inside the card: a mash-up of Hero Arts and CAS-ual Friday sentiments, stamped with the Versafine. 
 The back of the card: a Kaiserkraft siggie stamped with the Versafine on a scrap of the Thrift Shop paper, along with leftovers from the front cuts.
An overhead shot to check visual continuity. Looks good!
And a final view. Yellow and blue make me happy to see! Thanks for visiting and until next time stay crafty and well! XOX
MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
I used Super sponsor CAS-ual Friday sentiments
I've used My Besties digital image linked above in post
Colored focal image with Promarkers
My focal image was colored with Promarkers

24 comments:

ahlers5 said...

What a great card...so pretty. I love the combo of blue and yellow.

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

This is so beautiful. Nice work. Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge we really appreciate you joining in.

Annette DT

Margarets designer cards said...

Very pretty card, with a greast sentiment
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT

Pamela said...

This is such a pretty, colourful card! I love the colours you've used.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Sioban said...

Very pretty card, a lot going on.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Adorable. This character is just so cute and I love that you gave her gray hair for your girlfriend. Nicely decorated too.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

FAB-U-LUS! Love the colour mix and the fabby image Aimes. As always wonderful details.
Faith x

Fikreta said...

thats so nice card!
Hello from Coffee Lovers Blog Hop!☕

Melanie R said...

Bright and cheerful card, Aimeslee! I love the way you colored your image, especially the hair. Cute sentiment, too.

Celeste Goff said...

Such a cute card and I love the patterned papers you used!

craftytrog said...

This is gorgeous! Great image and lovely colours!

Jingle said...

LOL! Very cute!

Monica C. said...

What a sweet card, Amy! I love the yellow and blue colors that you have used and the sweet coffee drinking lady is so well placed on it.
Hugs Monica

Donna Triffitt said...

Awesome card and wonderful layout. I do enjoy following sketches as well. Great image for this sketch. Thank you for joining us over at My Besties Aussie Challenge
Hugs
Donna DT

Jocelyn said...

I love the colours on this one and her hair is amazing. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT

Seafield Jo said...

A lovely card with a fantastic sentiment.

Thanks for joining us again.

Jo
CD Sunday Plus DT

Jackie C said...

Just perfect for the Challenge!
Great project!
Fabulous that you have shared this with us here at Colour Crazy.
Good luck and we hope you will come back again! Jackie DT Member xxx

joke said...

Great card with the colours blue and yellow. I love the image. Thank you for join us at My Besties Dutch Girls and good luck.
Greetings Joke DT

Ilonka said...

Youre card is so beautiful, thanks for sharing it with us at the Colour it, Create it, Show it off Challenge Blog.
Big hugs Ilonka DT

DOROTHY MADEREEL said...

Thank you for your beautiful card and joining our challenge party. Hope to see you next time.

Dorothy, DT coordinator Dutch My Besties Girls

Wendy said...

Hola! Tu proyecto esta divino
Muchas gracias por participar con nosotras en My Besties Spanish Challenge Blog.
Esperamos puedas acompañarnos en el próximo reto.
Hi ! Your project is beautiful. Thank you for play with us at My Besties - Spanish Challenge and good luck.Nice colors and lovely card.
Wendypink ( https://chocolatesrosas.blogspot.com/ ) DT en: https://mybestiesspanishchallengeblog.blogspot.com/

Maryann scrapbooking said...

Superbe carte d'anniversaire, très belle coloration et choix des papiers.
Pour moi, ce sera un café très serré ;-)
Merci de vous être joint à nous pour le My Besties Aussie Challenge.
Bonne chance et à très bientôt.
Maryann Scrap DT My Besties Aussie Challenge.
Superb birthday card, very nice coloring and choice of papers.
For me, it will be a very strong coffee ;-)
Thank you for joining us for the My Besties Aussie Challenge.
Good luck and see you very soon.
Maryann Scrap DT My Besties Aussie Challenge.

Gale said...

Beautiful card Aimeslee! Love how everything coordinates so well. Thank you for sharing with us over at ColorIt! Create It! Show It Off!. We hope to see you again.
~ Gale DT

Rose Andrew said...

Beautiful card .. loving the bright bold colours so fresh
Thank you for joining us at My Bestie Aussie Challenge
Good Luck
Rose DT