Friday, November 12, 2021

Birthday Gnomes for Outlawz Festive Friday Challenge

 Hello again and Happy FriYay. Hope you are all doing okay. Time for me to share my design team make for a new Outlawz Festive Fridays challenge that begins today 11/12 and runs until 11/25. Click on the link to find out all about it.
This is for a very special art friend I exchange cards with. It's a 6x6 card base cut from a sheet of 12x12 textured white shimmer Bazzill. The mats and patterned papers are all very old KI Memories, from their Pieces of Me collections I bought a ton of way back in 2007, I believe. I couldn't help it! Such bright and happy paper and I need to start using it more often. Lots of different sub-collections with different themes, and what goes around comes around -- the designs still look fresh today.
My card design was this Splitcoaststampers sketch SC541, resized to 6x6 in PSE. Our sponsor is Sheepski Designs and I've used Giant Daisies for my focal image.
I colored everything with Promarkers and then hand-stamped the sentiments above the gnomes using Versafine Imperial Purple ink. I'm drawing a blank as to who made these stamps. A few years ago I reorganized the bulk of my stamps by category and while I did keep a trail back to the manufacturer stamp set each came from, some fell through the cracks and did not get identified. The butterflies are a Martha Stewart punch and the flags were cut with Lawn Fawn dies.
The inside of the card is matted with 2 pieces of KI and then a sentiment stamped with Versafine Onyx Black ink on a sheet of white card. Again, no clue who made the stamp. I do believe my memory is getting worse, plus I'm probably getting tired of trying to remember who made all these old stamps no one can buy any more, lol. 
The back of the card has more of the same paper from the front, along with a Technique Tuesday siggie stamped with Versafine Onyx Black ink. It's happy paper, no?
And a final view. Thanks for visiting me today and until next time, stay crafty and well! XOX
MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
Promarkers used!
1) 3 Butterflies
2) 3 Giant Daisies
Gnomes and Spotted Paper
I've used Sheepski Designs Giant Daisies digi, linked in above post
My card features Gnomes, who are magical creatures
Colored entire image and scene with Promarkers
1) I used Lawn Fawn dies to cut my hanging banner flags
2) Martha Stewart punch to cut the butterflies

25 comments:

Carol said...

Another great card Aimeslee. I love coming to see what you have created and especially what you have done inside and on the back.
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

Jackie C said...

So pleased to see your entry here at Creations in Pink.
This is a lovely project.
Thanks for sharing.
Jackie DT @ Creations in Pink

Jackie C said...

This is a smashing project!
We do love to see all the entries at Classic.
Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge
We really appreciate you joining in.

Jackie DT

Jackie C said...


Just perfect for the Challenge!
Great project!
Fabulous that you have shared this with us here at Colour Crazy.
Good luck and we hope you will come back again! Jackie DT Member xxx

Bethie said...

Such a cute, cute card Aimes. Very nice work with your Promarkers. I have Copics but find I like SU blendables better. You did such a pretty job on this fun card. Love the banners.

Pamela said...

This is lovely and bright and cheerful - it will make your friend very happy!
Pamela
CD SundayPlus DT.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love those Gnomes and the paper, a lovely insert and back for this perfect and lovely card Ames.
Faith x

Rain said...

OMGosh, Aimeslee that is the cutest image!!! I love it! :)

ahlers5 said...

Great card. I love the gnomes.

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Very cool image and lovely project. Nice work. Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge we really appreciate you joining in.

Annette DT

Margarets designer cards said...

Gnomes are so popular at the moment and your card, is brilliant with the gnome couple they love your card
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT

Ellibelle said...

Such a cute gnome couple and beautifully done card with this great sketch and loving how you did the inside!
Thank you so much for sharing at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Sioban said...

As I am no good at eyes, these gnomes are for me. Great card.

Tone K. said...

Supercute and pretty card :)
Thanks a lot for joining us at Creatalicious! :)

craftytrog said...

Gorgeous card! I love the cute gnome couple!

Meggymay said...

Thank you for linking your fantastic adorable card with our theme at Try it on Tuesdays, those gnomes looked cute.
Yvonne xx

Sheryl said...

Great, fun card.

Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge, looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl xx CRAFT DT

Helen said...

Super adorable cards!!! Thanks for joining us at Try it on Tuesday!

Marlene Atkinson said...

A beautiful card. Thank you for sharing with us at Passion for Markers. Marlene

Monica C. said...

I love the gnomes and your whole card layout and color scheme. So lovely.
Hugs Monica

Jocelyn said...

What a great card, I'm loving those gnomes. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT

Joan said...

Fab card, love those cute gnomes

Thanks for joining us at TIOT challenge

Seafield Jo said...

This is gorgeous. I love the gnomes and the bright and cheery colours. Sure to make anyone smile.

Jo
CD Sunday Plus DT

Jackie C said...

This has come together beautifully!
Love this entry, thank you for sharing with Creatalicious.
Good luck, we all hope to see you and your wonderful creations again!

Mrs.B said...

Hi Aimeslee this certainly is a happy card, love the bright papers, perfect with these cute gnomes.
Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday. Avril xx