Saturday, September 11, 2021

Look for Rainbows Sympathy Card

Hi again! I hope everyone is okay. Thank you so much always for your sweet wishes about my health issues. I very much appreciate each and every thought and prayer! This is why I let others know I care about their issues, because you show me how much it helps me! 💞
Speaking of which, this was a sympathy card made for my inventory but it is now already on its way to someone to show them I care. I made an A2 card in top-fold orientation for a change of pace. The base is Recollections heavyweight card on which I've layered a piece of Springhill Digital card. This layer was cut with a Stamplorations stitched rectangle die, and I then stamped a Stamplorations Typografia sentiment called Look for Rainbows with Versamark and heat-embossed with Hero Arts white powder (love that stuff). Next, I smooshed Versamark through my Funky Fossil Rainfall stencil on the top half of the card and clear-heat-embossed that. On the bottom half, I smooshed Versamark through my Prima Stars stencil and clear-heat embossed. After all that cooled, I used my blending brushes to apply Distress Inks horizontally across. 
   
I used Splitcoaststampers Sketch SC07 for my design, using my inky color bands and stenciling in lieu of the paper sections.
This was my inspiration. I saw it in a 2017 Stamplorations post and eventually bought the stamp hoping to do something similar. I wanted to thank Shirley and give her proper credit here for inspiring me. 🙏
In real life you can clearly see the "Look For", but my camera doesn't, so I edited this shot in PSE in a way for it to show up here. The edit dulled out the other colors somewhat, but I don't know PSE well enough so this is the best I could do. In hindsight, I could have colored in the "Look For" with a darker color, had I known. I honestly did not even notice it until the card was mailed and I was readying the photos for this post. 
   
Inside and back of card: Inside, I went with my stamping my unbranded Amazon sympathy sentiments I've used before (I do like the combination). These were stamped with Ranger Cobalt Archival ink. On back, I cut a piece of Pebbles patterned paper with a smaller die from the same Stamplorations stitched die set that I used on front. I stamped the Lawn Fawn siggie in Versamark and white-heat-embossed before adhering.
And a final view. Thanks for visiting and until next time, Stay Well and Craft On! XOX
MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
2.   Stamplorations September Summer Challenge: AG -- #1/6 Stamplorations products used: Crazy Double Running Stitch dies and Look for Rainbows Typografia stamp  
3.   Stamplorations Never-Ending Anything Goes Challenge -- Stamplorations products used: Crazy Double Running Stitch dies and Look for Rainbows Typografia stamp  
5.   Happy Little Stampers Sept. Stencil Challenge: AG -- #1/xx  I stenciled the raindrops and stars.
6.   IncyWincy Sept.6-29: Dots &/or Stripes &/or Checks -- #1/5 Stripes (my inky bands)
7.   Cardz4Galz #155: Stencils -- #1/3 I stenciled the raindrops and stars.
11. The Crafter's Cafe #273: AG -- #1/5 & 11 Challenges Max

8 comments:

ahlers5 said...

Love this! I love the color blending. Such a wonderful card to let someone know you are thinking of them. I'm playing catch-up with commenting again.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Very nice Aimes. Nice take away on the inspiration.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Such a beautiful rainbow and wonderful card Aimeslee. A beautiful quote and shown off beautifully. Love everything.
Faith x

craftytrog said...

Such a beautiful bright card Aimeslee, I love the quote! I'm sure this will bring comfort to the recipient.
Hugs,
Alison

Jinny said...

What a great sympathy card, Aimeslee! They are so hard to make, but you did such an amazing job. Thank you for joining us at The Crafter's Cafe, and I hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Jinny

Monica C. said...

This is such a "happy" sympathy card, if there is such a thing. I love the way you have used the stencils and then added the strong colors to make up your background. Just beautiful.
Hugs Monica

Shery Russ said...

love the embossing and the ink blending is super, Aimeslee! praying you're well! hugs :-)

Misti said...

This is such an awesome card! Great colors & blending! Thanks for joining us for the Cardz 4 Galz challenge.