Wednesday, September 8, 2021

50th Anniversary Card for The Perfect Duet

 Happy Monday, everyone. Well, I hope you are doing better than I am. My lower back reeks of sciatica, I'm having a ton of problems focusing and concentrating and my melancholy mood has stayed around too long. Good thing I had this card to make to distract me for a while. Our friends celebrated their 50th this week so I needed to make a really nice card. When I saw Color Dare's Black, Gold and French White challenge, I thought I would try it. But I also wanted a bit of levity along with formal look, so these Art Impressions crazy kids became my stamped and fussy-cut focal image.
I cut a 6x6" card base from 12x12 gold DCWV Metallic Stack card. Then I alternated layers of it and a gorgeous off-white/vanilla patterned card from DCWV's 12x12 Luxury Stack using Spellbinders Intertwined Spiral dies and 6x6 Matting Basics dies. On that bottom mat I rubbed Versamark all around the edge and heat-embossed with Ranger Black Sparkle powder.
I used Splitcoaststampers Sketch SC520 as my design guide.
I added 4 black enamel musical note brads to the corners and stamped the AI sentiment in Nocturne Versafine Clair ink, then heat-embossed, then painted it with my gold Wink of Stella glitter pen. I used my corner rounder to round the corners of my sentiment, then added 2 enamel dots to anchor it.
Thought I'd show you what I colored my focal image with. Some sparkly gel pens and gold and black Wink of Stellas. I had no idea I could get into such small spots with those Winks! I'd never tried until now. I colored their skin, the background and their "white" garments with Promarkers to make them different vanilla shades. I also used the Sakura glitter gel pens. They draw decent ribbed socks and hair, along with the black Wink of Stella.
The inside of the card features more of the DCWV Luxury Stack card cut with the Intertwining Spirals die and then my computer-generated and self-composed sentiment cut with a Spellbinder Labels 10 die.
A close-up of that inside sentiment...
The back has more of the Luxury card and the black shimmer card and the gold metallic card, all cut  with the Intertwined Spirals Nestie dies. I added a circle-punched Technique Tuesday stamped siggie to the very center. It kinda reminds me of a solid gold vinyl record, which is appropriate here. 😄
  
   
Some close-up shots to try to show the shimmer/shine/glitz. Click on any photo to make larger.
And a final view. Our friends loved it and joked about how they don't look that old, lol. Thanks for visiting me today and I hope your week is a special one. Until next time, Stay Well and Craft On! XOX
MY CHALLENGES PLAYLIST:
3.   More Mixed Media September: AG Only -- #1/xx Option not played this time
6.   TTPH #144: AG + Opt. Rounded Corners -- #1/3  Option played! My Spellbinders Intertwined Spiral dies have rounded corners and I used a corner rounder on the front sentiment.
7.   Sweet Stampers #59: Dies and/or Punches -- #5/5 Dies used: 2 Spellbinders sets; Punches: Circle & Corner Rounder
8.   Die Cut Divas September: AG -- #2/4 -- Used Spellbinders Intertwined Spirals dies and Labels 10.
9.   Stamping Sensations September: Stamp of the Moment -- #1/3 Art Impressions Perfect Duet
10. Let's Craft and Create #175: AG + Opt. Lots of Layers -- #1/3 Option played - 6 layers total! 
14. Allsorts Week 640: AG + Opt. For the Love of Your Life -- #1/3 Well, it's not the love of my life, but the card is for two people who feel that way about each other, so option maybe played?
15. Cut It Up #233: Sketch (pick one and use it) -- #1/1 Used SCS#520 and Spellbinders dies.

20 comments:

brenda said...

Sciatica is the pits and I know from experience you can't get comfortable anywhere and it does drag you down, I do hope it soon subsides.

But you card raises a smile and love the colour palette, thanks so much for sharing and joining us at Stamping Sensations September challenge and also this weeks Allsorts theme.

B x

Cindy C. said...

Great card indeed! Thanks for joining in the fun with us this September at Die Cut Divas.

Treva said...

Like your card, adorable image and nice design.

Thank you for joining us at Cut it Up for our sketch challenge.

Treva
https://scrappint.blogspot.com/

Kuni said...

A wonderful and fun card.
Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers and i hope to see you again.
Hugs
Kuni

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

What a fun card! I think it's perfect for a 50th anniversary.

Thanks for sharing your Sketch project with us at Cut it Up!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful fun card. Hope you feel better soon. Thank you for joining Stamping Sensations and TTCRD challenge. Anesha

Monica C. said...

So sorry about your back!! That is so painful. Sending hugs.
Your card is brilliant. Excellent job on doing the Color Dare challenge.
Hugs Monica

Arlene said...

What a thoroughly FUN card! The die cut is perfect for that couple too. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Alyson Mayo said...

That colour combination is difficult to begin with but you used it in a way that I would never have expected! It usually results in a very elegant project - not to say this isn't elegant but it sure is a different take! I love the offbeat sense of humour (always the case with AI stamps) and the way your stayed within the 3 colours. Superb card! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Colour Dare :)

Melanie R said...

How special, Aimeslee! I love the intertwined spirals. I'll bet your recipients enjoyed receiving this card. Hope you are feeling better. Thank you for playing along with us at Color My Heart Color Dare #459.

Linby said...

Such a fun card yet also elegant for a wonderful occasion, I'm sure your friends loved it. Thanks for joining us at both Stamping Sensations challenge and allsorts challenge.

craftytrog said...

A fabulous card Aimeslee, made me smile!
Hope your back problems are better soon.
Alison

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! My Dear Aimeslee, what an absolute riot of a card, I LOVE it. The gold and black and those fun images and the "record" back, so perfect for their Special day.
Sorry to hear you're in pain. Sending healing prayers.
Faith x

Kristine said...

That's a great couple! Made me LOL! CUTE especially for a 50th 🥰 Nice job with the color challenge too! I don't know how you (and others) find time to search for so many challenges to enter, I do well to enter one at a time! 🤣 anyways, sorry your sciatica acting up. Girl you deserve a break! Feel better soon. Hugsx

Cat Nowak said...

Such a fun anniversary card! Thank you for joining us at Color Dare!

ahlers5 said...

Love the squiggly frame. It adds such a nice touch. I wish I could get busy on other cards. I want to finish up my Splitcoast Christmas Challenge.I have done it for years and never finished it. I don't have too many to go so I want to finish them up.

Creaine said...

So nice this!! Thanks for joining us at Let’s Craft and Create Challenge. Hope to see you again next time.
DT Ine http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

I'm so sorry to hear you're still in pain and are struggling with melancholy 😞. Know you're loved.

This is such a sweet card. The scribble bg is nice and works well with the image.

Sandra Wright. said...

How I feel for you, sciatica affects not just the legs and back, but other places to when you try to ease the pain.
I congratulate you for crafting through the pain.
Your card is wonderful, reminds me of favourite aunty and uncle, parties at their house at christmas always included the two of them having such a great singalong,such a happy memory of my childhood.
Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at More Mixed Media xx

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Great job with the color challenge... fun card. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare.