Sunday, September 12, 2021

PAR-fect Golfer's Birthday

 Hello there, hope everything is a-o-k with you and yours. The son-in-love&law celebrated his birthday last week and of course I made a card. He took up golf last year when the pandemic hit, I think primarily as a way to stay active at a safe distance. Honey gave him some clubs and he's kept it up, mainly due to like-minded buddies he can play with. So, I decided to make him a golf-themed card, sent with some golf balls and a gift card. 
I had used this ITDS Golf digi stamp set back in April for Honey's birthday card and it was a big hit, so I went with it once more, and again chose to print out and fussy-cut the pre-colored version, so I did not do any coloring myself!!!
   
I followed Splitcoaststampers Sketch SC299 for my layout, resizing to 5x7" in PSE.
I cut a card base of DCWV brown textured card stock and then pulled patterned papers from DCWV's Summer and Vintage Stacks. Both these sets have solid papers that go with patterned papers, allowing me to use the solid papers as mats. The sentiment phrase, from the digi set, is printed on Springhill Digital card and layered on a scrap of SU light blue card, just to mix it up, as the pre-colored image has different shades of blue, as done the argyle paper.
   
For the inside, I printed out 2 of the sentiment phrases that come with the digi set on SU blue card stock, which barely got through my printer without jamming, phew! Only thing I do not like about my new printer, wish it had a flat feed-through for thicker papers. I think the only reason this went through was because I had cut it down first to 4x6. At any rate, the back has the same blue paper and argyle paper as the front, but this time the argyle is sideways. A scrap from cutting the DCWV card base and a stamped and circle-punched Technique Tuesday siggie on blue card finishes it off.
And a final view of the front and back. Thanks for visiting and until next time, Stay Well and Craft On! xoxo
MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:

15 comments:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

This card certainly had to be a hit too. It's a nice image and printing in colour is a life saver. Hope your weekend is a good one.

craftytrog said...

A fabulous golfer's card!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Just Par-fect definitely Aimeslee, love the blue and patterned papers. great image for the golf clubs too. Love the card and I'm sure SiL will too.
Faith x

Jinny said...

Amazing masculine card, Aimeslee! Great take on the sketch. Love your color combo, too. Thank you for joining us at Creative Knockouts, and I hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Jinny

ahlers5 said...

You will think I'm insane, but when I first saw this card, it was yesterday morning about 4:00. I had just opened my eyes and wasn't wearing my glasses. The first thing I do is check my email and read the news. Well, I looked at your card first. My eyes must have been very blurry because the image looked like a mother holding a child. You can image my surprise when I went back with clearer eyes and saw that it was a golf bag. Very cute masculine birthday card, by the way!

Monica C. said...

What a fantastic golfers card. That argyle paper is wonderful for it. It sort of reminds me of those sweaters that one sees in vintage golfing photos. Great job.
Hugs Monica

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

This is a fabulous card and a brilliant sentiment too to match. Thanks for joining us at Let's Craft & Create, happy crafting, Michelle x

Vesna M. said...

Beautiful card, love the image and colours. Thanks for sharing with us at A Place To Start. Vesna

Chana Malkah said...

Awesome! I love the papers in that collection!
Thanks, for inspiring us at A Place To Start!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah,
A Place To Start, Owner
613 Avenue Create, Owner
Redora Lee Designs , My Blog
Shopping Our Stash, DT
The Color of Cards, Owner

Chana Malkah said...

Congratulations! You have been chosen as a Rising Star at A Place To Start for the week of September 5th-12th! Thanks for playing along with us, please stop by our blog and grab your badge!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah,
A Place To Start, Owner
613 Avenue Create, Owner
Redora Lee Designs , My Blog
Shopping Our Stash, DT
The Color of Cards, Owner

Lisa Bird said...

Awesome card design and I love your matching sentiment. Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog
Best Wishes Lisa xx
craftycard-designs.co.uk

Scraffky said...

Thank you for joining us at The Crafter’s Café Challenge Blog.
Kisses, Karolina Scraffky

Helen said...

Great design and I love that sentiment!

Thanks for sharing it with us at the Aud Sentiments Challenge.

Helen x
(DT)

Ilonka said...

Such a lovely card, thanks for sharing it with us at the Let's Craft and Create Challenge Blog
Hugs Ilonka DT

Deanne Saunders said...

Beautiful card!! Thanks so much for participating in our IMAGINE THAT! customer gallery!!! Can’t wait to see more of your awesome creations!! Have a happy crafting day!! Stay safe and healthy!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper