Monday, August 30, 2021

Rainbow Cloud Sympathy

Hello, hope everyone had a good weekend. I have been on hurricane watch since I last posted. I grew up watching my mom do it, so it's just what I do. It's like if a storm is anywhere near me I have to watch it continuously until either I know it cannot make a last-minute turn in my direction or I get sick of watching. I lived through my first hurricane at age 5 and can still remember it vividly. Yes, I know, how weird, lol. Anyway, my thoughts and prayers are with everyone in Ida's path (and thankful that doesn't include me!).
So, I'm popping in now with another sympathy card, this time for a high school friend who recently lost her hubby (multiple health issues). My friend has had a time of it. While she was at the ICU with him, she caught Covid and couldn't be with him when he died. 😢 Not an uncommon tragedy these days, unfortunately. Thank goodness she has recovered pretty quickly.
I used Splitcoaststampers Sketch SC83 as inspiration. I have multiple cloud stencils that would have let me make my sky, but I chose instead to make a stencil out of the Poppy Stamps Whittle Cloud Border die I used to cut the white cloud section at the bottom. That way everything looks matchy-matchy and I wanted it matchy. I had a scrap sheet of packaging to recycle that was laminated on both sides so that's what I cut the stencil out of. The Distress ink wipes right off and I can flip it over to use, which I did. Anyway, the cloud tops are a perfectly rounded shape, so that's my round shape and it's a repeat pattern to boot, lol. 😍
Ok, so my card base and all other surfaces here were cut from an A2 sheet of Recollections white heavy weight card stock. The bottom layer of the card front was cut with a Stamplorations Crazy Double Running Stitch nesting die and then trimmed down close to the stitching. I used Distress inks and my homemade stencil to make the clouds. Then I cut the top cloud layer at the bottom of the card with the Poppy Stamps cloud die and I used Ranger Archival and Versafine Clair inks to stamp the top Skipping Stones Stamps quote, and to stamp the Hero Arts Stamps sentiments and hearts on the top cloud layer at the card bottom. 
I've left the inside of the card blank to write a heartfelt message. Here's the back of the card. I cut a layer using the next smallest Stamplorations nested die and did the same stenciling as on the front. I added a stamped Kaiserkraft siggie.
And a final view - for me, a CAS card style. Thanks for visiting and until next time, Stay Well and Craft On! xoxo
MY CHALLENGES PLAYLIST:
3.   TTCRD 8/24-8/31: AAG -- #2/2
4.   Stay Crafty with Hero Challenge #26: Rainbow -- #1/xx  Rainbow imagery and I used HA sentiment stamps 
6.   Stamplorations Never-Ending Anything Goes Challenge -- I've used Stamplorations Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle nesting dies on front and on back.
7.   Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #164: AAG -- #3/3
9.   AllSorts Week 639: CAS -- #1/3
11. Sweet Stampers Challenge #59: Dies and/or Punches -- #2/5 I hand-stamped all the sentiments and used 2 dies.

15 comments:

Wendy L said...

So sad for your friend but you have made her a lovely card, thanks for joining us at the Allsorts challenge xx

brenda said...

What a delightfully stylish card and very fitting for purpose, many thanks for joining our CAS theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Wow, you knocked this challenge out of the park! Those beautiful round tops to your clouds look lovely in all the coloured spender. Your placement of the stamps are perfect. I like the large bold print of the bottom verse. Well done my friend!

Marjeta said...

Fantastic card. Love the color scheme. Thanks for playing with us at Creative Moments.

Tracy said...

Gorgeous CAS creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

JulieP said...

So sorry for what your friend had to go through. Sad times indeed but I'm sure your wonderful card will help. Love the colors you used in your clouds. Thanks so much for playing along with the HLS die challenge this month! (And I hope you escaped the hurricane!)

ahlers5 said...

Oh my goodness, I stopped at your blog yesterday to comment on this card and never did get to commenting. I fell so much in love with it I stopped in my tracks and ran right off and purchased this die set. I am quite impulsive when I see something I love! Anyways, this is stunning. Your fried will surely love it. It will bring comfort to her.

Kristine said...

I totally get it Aimslee. Even though we don't have to worry about hurricanes where I live, we do get nasty lightning storms in the high desert. When I was young, I remember packing a suitcase at the beginning of a storm and putting it by the door in case our house got struck by lightning. Unfortunately my husband's friend died a few years ago being struck by lightning. Anyways, your card is AWESOME! I like your clouds and the sentiments are beautiful. I especially LOVE how large the "prayers" stamp is - I may have to look and see if that's still available. Sorry for your friend. It's just so upside-down that some can't be with their loved when while they pass on. Please Lord, let this Covid pass on!!
Hugs,
Kris

Rain said...

Your card is beautiful Aimeslee. My heart breaks for your friend who couldn't be with her hubby when he died, that is just so sad. :((((

Megan J said...

Hi Aimeslee, a lovely card for your high school friend, so sad that she was unable to be with her husband when he passed. Love the way you have created the clouds with the die cut stencil. Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, good luck in the prize draw... Megan DT LPoCF

Ellibelle said...

It's such a beautiful card, I love the colorful clouds! But so sorry to read about your friend's loss :(

Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Monica C. said...

So sorry you had to make yet another sympathy card. This one is also beautiful. The different colors on the clouds are so pretty.
Hugs Monica

Lisa Bird said...

A beautiful card and such wonderful sentiments. Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog
Best Wishes Lisa xx
craftycard-designs.co.uk

Kuni said...

Wonderful Card.
Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers and i hope to see you again.
Hugs
Kuni

Heike said...

Eine wunderschöne Karte für einen so traurigen Anlass. Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme bei den Sweet Stampers.

LG Heike