Friday, August 27, 2021

Upcycled Butterfly Sympathy

Hello and Happy FriYay! I hope you all have good weekends planned. Honey and I will be sweating out Tropical Storm/Hurricane Ida all weekend, praying she doesn't turn more west than what is currently predicted. Even if she stays on the predicted course, we will be getting drenched all weekend and that has begun today already. Great weather to stay in and craft, just hoping we don't lose power. Also praying Louisiana and Mississippi get through it okay. 
One of my high school lunch gal pals just lost her hubby to cancer so I've made her this card. I've been making sympathy and think of you cards more and more. I really need to build up a stash because I'm feeling lately like I can't keep up. It's a sad time these days for so many right now...
  
I used Splitcoaststampers Sketch SC723 for my design, resizing to A2 in PSE.
I had saved these tags from artificial flowers I requested and received for Valentine's Day, as I thought they were pretty.
I've used a card base cut from Crafters Companion Gold Dust Shimmering card stock and the paper is from Basic Grey's Cappella 6x6 pad. When I saw this design against my other elements, I was like, Perfect! I found a snippet of some handmade paper in my green scraps  drawer to stamp the sentiment, then I cut it with an MFT sentiment die. I've had the Gecko Galz butterfly printed out to use for a while and thought it complemented the peaceful, monochromatic-ish look I was going for pretty well. Some tiny enamel dots finished off the front (the heart dot covered the tag hole and went with the sentiment.)
Inside (and on front) I've stamped some sentiments from an unbranded set I bought a while back on Amazon and never have used because it turned out the sentiments are so tiny, but they do work here well, stamped with Ranger Archival to be as crisp as possible.
The back has another sheet of the BG Capella and a Technique Tuesday siggie stamped with Versafine Clair and circle-punched.
And a final view. Thanks for visiting me and until next time, please Stay Well and Craft On! xoxo

MY CHALLENGES PLAYLIST:
5.   CD Sunday Plus #67: AAG w/USB/CD/Digi -- #3/3 Butterfly is from Gecko Galz digital collage sheet.
7.   Crafty Animals #53: AAG with an Animal -- #7/xx  Butterfly

16 comments:

ahlers5 said...

Wow, Aimeslee, this is gorgeous. I love the different papers and beautiful elements. I'm kind of hunkered down here with sciatica. I haven't had it since December, but it decided to make a return yesterday. It usually goes away in a couple days so I'm waiting it out. Thank goodness I have pain killers for times like this. Hope the hurricane doesn't move your way. Stay safe!

Pamela said...

Beautiful card Aimslee, it's sad that you have to make so many. I hope you all stay safe from the hurricane. Some good news! There's a new challenge starting on Sunday, I look forward to seeing three more entries from you LOL!
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Alyson Mayo said...

This is gorgeous! Love the butterfly and the papers you used. I'm sure this will be a well-received gift for your friend :)

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Very beautiful. So soft and serene. I'm sorry to hear about your friend's husband. I also need to make a stash. It's hard to make sympathy cards when you really need it.

That big beautiful butterfly is gorgeous against all the greenery.

Stay safe. My sister and mom live in Gulfport MS. I'd better watch the news closely for all of you.

Helen said...

Beautiful card.. and so sorry to hear about your loss. Your friend will truly appreciate this card of kindness. Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday.

Kristine said...

Wow, what a gorgeous card Aimslee! Love the butterfly and upcycling the tags was just perfect for this, though such a sad occasion. I tend to make sympathy cards as I need them but it would be nice to build a stash as they can be harder to create if I'm sad. Take care my friend,
🤗kris

KraftyKoolKat said...

Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us over at Sparkles Monthly Challenges.
Hugs
Cathy DT Member
xxxx

Jocelyn said...

That is a very beautiful card. It's so sad when we have to make cards for these occasions. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT

Seafield Jo said...

A stunning card. I'm sure it will mean a lot to your friend.

Jo
CD Sunday Plus DT

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful card for a sad occasion,
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT

Joan said...

A beautiful card, love everything about it. Hope you stay safe during the storms

Thanks for joining us at Try It On Tuesday Challenge

Joan

craftytrog said...

Such a beautiful card, I'm sure it will bring some comfort to your friend. A good message on it too. I do hope you won't have to make many more sympathy cards
Praying for your safety in the storm
Alison

Mrs.B said...

A beautiful card Aimeslee, those tags look so pretty against the papers. I'm sure your friend will appreciate this. I hope you're staying safe, I've just been watching a news report of hurricane Ida, and the havoc it's causing. Take care, Avril xx

Monica C. said...

This card is beautiful, Aimeslee! It is so completely sincere, for want of a better word. All the pieces you have used work so well together, your eye is amazing to see that they would.
Hugs Monica

Tammy said...

Gorgeous card and papers, I love that butterfly! Thanks so much for joining us at Sparkles Monthly.
Tammy x

jolanda creatief bijtje said...

super mooie kaart
bedankt voor het meedoen aan onze challenge
groetjes jolanda bongers
dt creative sketchy girls