Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Have a Beautiful Birthday!

 Happy Hump Day, everyone! I am excited because today is my first design team make for The Outlawz Wednesday Sketch Challenge. My Love To Craft DT time will be ending at the end of 2021, so I'd been quietly considering looking for something else. I play over at Outlawz so much that it seemed like a natural fit. So I'll be creating for the Sketch Challenge and the Festive Fridays Challenge. I joined Outlawz in 2019 and have been very happy there. All the people are great and there is always something going on.
Here's my make. Our generous sponsor is Sheepski Designs, so I've used their Peonies image.
   
And here is the sketch for this challenge, which has begun today and runs until 8/3.
I began with a tan-ish 6x6 card base cut from 12x12 textured Chatterbox card stock, and I layered  papers on front and back from BoBunny Provence 6x6 pad. I then added a white paper doily, lightly ink-blended on some Distress inks (Spun Sugar and Brushed Corduroy), cut out an inner circle with a Spellbinders die and then cut a circle from more BoBunny and layered it all in the center of the card. I colored the peonies with Promarkers, brushed them with clear Wink of Stella, fussy cut and added to the center collage. I arranged 3 Prima paper flower at 3 corners with an enamel dot in each center. At the 4th corner, I added a hand-stamped an MFT sentiment, cut with a Lawn Fawn banner die. 
Isn't this paper gorgeous? It's from DCWV 12x12 Heirloom Papers Stack. I'd pulled the paper a while back and spied it while making the card, saw that the colors were complementary, so I cut into it for the inside mats. The Impression Obsession sentiment is stamped with Nocturne Versafine Clair ink and cut with a Spellbinders A7 Art Deco Astoria Label die.
For the back of the card, I used the leftovers created from the front! I hand-stamped my fave Kaiserkraft siggie with Memento Rhubarb Stalk ink.
A close-up of the Wink of Stella glitter brush penning across each blossom.
And a final view. Thanks so much for visiting and until next time, stay well and craft on! xoxo

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
2.   Outlawz Sunday Songs & Rhymes 7/11/7/24: The Open Road -- Inspired by the line mentioning flowers  
6.   A Place to Start #7 July 2021: Craft Your Favorite Holiday/Celebration -- #3/8 Birthdays! Especially this year when all my high school classmates and I have been turning the big 65. 😎
7.   Passion 4 Markers Week 601: Celebrate -- Promarkers and Wink of Stella used to color flowers
8.   Sheepski Designs Challenge #52: Celebration -- #1/3 Used Sheepski Peonies
9.   I Love Promarkers #440: AG Only -- #1/3 Option not played this time. Promarkers used to color flowers.
10. INKspirational Photo Challenge: Greenhouse -- Inspiration: flowers are grown there. 😏

17 comments:

Elaine Stark said...

beautiful, Always love a bit of sparkle. Thanks for joining Passion for Markers. Elaine

Monica C. said...

Congrats on your new DT spots, Aimeslee! Your card is beautiful and a great take on the sketch. That took some patience fussy cutting around all those leaves on the peony bouquet. Great job!
Hugs Monica

Crafting Queen said...

Very pretty card, lovely colouring of your image. Thanks for joining Stamping Sensations challenge. Anesha

Linda Mc Enery said...

You've taken a beautiful image and created something elegant and stylish with it! This is just lovely! Love the glittery accents! Thanks for sharing this with us at Passion for Markers!
Linda

brenda said...

A really pretty floral creation with the pretty hints of sparkle, many thanks for joining in with our 'Feminine' theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Roberta Cercato said...

Hello!
I love your project!
Thank you for taking part in our challenge.
Roberta DT Scrapping4funChallenge

Janna Ketchum said...

Lovely card! I adore the lacy doily in the background anchoring the flowers. Thank you for joining the Funkie Junkie Challenge!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

So pretty. The doily is a lovely touch, especially with the added script. Very unique. Your flowers are very pretty and coloured up so well. The split bg designer papers looks very nice too.

craftytrog said...

This is such a beautiful card Aimeslee, and I love that you decorated the back and inside too.
Alison xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

SO lovely Aimeslee, love the doily and papers with the lovely flowers you used. OH! yes and Congratulations on the DT, well deserved.
Faith x

ahlers5 said...

This is really pretty! I love how you always finish the backs.

Jackie Cornfield said...

Just perfect for the Challenge!
Great project!
We are so happy that you have shared this with us here at Colour Crazy.
Stay safe and well.
Good luck and we hope you will come back again! Jackie DT Member xxx

Crafty KJ said...

Aw this is beautiful and these flowers are so pretty. Love the background script paper too as well as all the details you've added. Thanks so much for sharing at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Karen x

Pia S said...

This is beautiful inside and out. I love patterned papers, these ones go really well with your choice of image too.

Laura Gilhuly said...

Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique!

Alyson Mayo said...

As someone who loves working with florals, this is just beautiful. The colours complement each other very well. Great work :)

Chana Malkah said...

Thanks so much for a lovely contribution to our challenge at A Place To Start!

Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner