Sunday, July 18, 2021

A Very Sweet Happy Birthday!

 Happy Weekend to all my blogging friends! I hope you are all doing well. The pinched nerve in my hip has decided to be not quite as irritated as it was, so that's an improvement! I'm currently slathering  on BioFreeze 4-6 times a day and between it and the BenGay, Honey and I've learned to love the smell of menthol! 👃😊 It's the little things in Life, y'all! 
I'm sharing a birthday card today for a high school classmate girlfriend. She loves to post sumptuous and calorie-laden dessert recipes on Facebook. I think I gain a pound just looking at them, so this is my way of getting her back! 😘😝😘  I've used The Paper Shelter's gorgeous precolored digital images on both the front and back, so no hand coloring from me this time. I began with a green Chatterbox card base, some very old 12x12 MAMBI gingham check scrapbooking borders, some black n white check ribbon from my stash, my printed image cut with Spellbinders 6x6 Art Deco Fairmont label dies, and then an MFT hand-stamped sentiment cut with a Lawn Fawn banner die on white Springhill digital card.
   
I used SplitCoastStampers sketch SC444 for my layout, resizing it to 6X6 and then turning it 90 degrees counter-clockwise. The circle is in the image as well as multiple horizontal bands. I first tried to put my black and white gingham check ribbon exactly like the sketch has (layers #2,3,4), but it looked weird and bunched up so I spaced them out more and it looked better to me. All sketch elements are there!
Here is a close-up hopefully showing you all the Stickles glitter gel accent work I did. I used several different colors of Ice/Distress/Regular Stickles: Clear Rock Candy, Aged Mahogany, Coffee Ice, Cinnamon, Cotton Candy and Baby Blue. I did not think it would much matter, but went ahead with it, and boy am I glad I did. The photos don't do it justice. It really makes those desserts pop in real life! 
On the inside of the card, I've used Colorbok Carnival collection 6x6 paper to make mats cut with the Spellbinders label dies. Then I hand-stamped some Hero Arts sentiments.
Here's a back that's as pretty as the front, thanks to another gorgeous TPS digital image and lucky paper choices. I've matted with more Colorbok paper layers and then added a hand-stamped Kaiserkraft siggie (which has fast become my new favorite to use!). Don't those papers go perfectly with that image? 💓
Let's all have some looks at the desserts, shall we? LOL I want YOU to gain a pound too! 😎😍😎
And a final view. I thank you for visiting and hope the rest of your weekend is tasty and sweet! Until next time, stay well and craft on! XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
1.   The Paper Shelter Challenge #478: Girly -- #1/3  I used the precoloured versions of  Pastry Chef on front and Berry Delight on back.
2.   Double D Challenge: Summer Gingham -- #1/3  I've used rosy colored gingham check on the card base and black n white gingham check ribbon.
4.   My Time to Craft #461: Ribbon and/or Bows -- #1/3 I've 3 rows of black and white check ribbon underneath focal image.
5.   Outlawz Twisted Thursdays 7/15-7/28: AG only -- #1/2 Twist not played
6.   CD Sunday Plus #65: AG w/USB, CD or Digital Image -- #1/3 I've used digital precolored images from The Paper Shelter--Pastry Chef on front and Berry Delight on back of card.
12. MAWTT #132: Cool It Down -- #2/3  
17. Let's Craft and Create #173: AG + Opt. Punch/Die -- #1/3 Dies Used: Spellbinders 6x6 Art Deco Fairmont Label dies and Lawn Fawn Banner die
18. Daisy Chain Challenge #54: Use Dies and/or Stencils -- Dies Used: Spellbinders 6x6 Art Deco Fairmont Label dies and Lawn Fawn Banner die   

27 comments:

Becca Sadler said...

Aimeslee: I really like your mix on this birthday card! The contrast of the gingham and your ribbons is very effective behind the busy pastry chef scene! Thanks for linking to the ribbon and/or bow theme challenge at MTTC! --Becca/DT

Becca Sadler said...

Sorry, Aimeslee! Please delete the previous comment! I got my DT commitments mixed up! Cray-cray!! I should have said I was stopping in from APTS challenge blog! --Becca/DT for A Place To Start

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice card and image thanks for sharing!!!

Carol said...

Great card Aimeslee. How unkind to show us all those colourful calories but I did spy the macaroons - my favourites.
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

Barbara said...

I am glad that your hip was under control long enough for you to make this very interesting card for your friend. It is a hoot and I think she will love it. Thanks for sharing it with us at Double D Challenge.

Anet's Crafting said...

Just beautiful Aimeslee. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at The Paper Shelter. We would love to see you again ... Anet DT

brenda said...

A really fun and colourful creation, thanks so much for sharing and joining in with my 'For a Lady' theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

craftytrog said...

A perfect card for your friend Aimeslee, and I'm glad your hip is feeling better.
Happy new week,
Alison xx

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

This card is just so yummy! Another nice work with the sketch. Your image is delightful and so well suited for your girlfriend. I love that you used alot of glimmer and glitz.

Linby said...

A beautiful and colourful image, I just love all those cakes! Wow the back is just as pretty as the front and another fab image. Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card and image love the stickles on the cakes.Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create
Carol DT x

Donna Ellis said...

What a fun birthday card, Aimes! You always incorporate so many colors and delightful elements in your cards, and this one is no different. I especially like your take on the sketch challenge. Beautiful card. Aimes, I'm grateful the pinched nerve is improving, and hope it is soon gone. How painful that is! Sending healing thoughts your way! hugs, de

Diane said...

Super cute cute card and image and fun card! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

Kristine said...

Oh my goodness, is that ever the cutest?!! Love the baker dude, and love how colorful it all is! Great choice of dies too. ❤ it!

Seafield Jo said...

Ooh so many yummy things to eat. A great card, thanks for sharing it with us.

Jo
CD Sunday Plus DT

Pamela said...

A perfect card for your recipe loving friend. Bio Freeze is great for easing aches and pains.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Jean said...

This is awesome your friend will love it ! Thanks for sharing at 613 Avenue Create xx Please join us again.
https://wwwkraftyjean.blogspot.com/

Monica C. said...

Perfect us of the pre-colored images and yes, your match of papers is amazing. I love The Paper Shelter's pre-colored images. Although I don't think I have ever used one on a card, I use them for inspiration.
You asked if we were melting. The monsoon season is in full swing here, so it has cooled down. We have had some really heavy rains and the desert is starting to green up. It is beautiful.
Hugs Monica

Darlene said...

Oh wow ... glad you've found some relief from your hip pain. I struggle with that myself but I think it's mainly my age as I have found that a foam mattress & higher toilets has resolved my hip problems. LOL
Anyways ... what a fun card and I have no doubt your friend is going to LOVE it! Great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Summer Gingham’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Fabulous card and those cakes really do look good enough to eat. You can’t beat stickles, I love using them too. I hope you are feeling better. All this crazy weather has at least been good for the garden. Thanks for joining us at Daisy Chains. Happy crafting. Michelle - DT x

Francesca said...

Very beautiful card! Thank you for playing at Scrapping4FunChallenges!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

NOooooo I don't want to gain weight and my diabetes won't take those cakes and I WANT them ALL. Such a great card Aimeslee, I love every bit of it and I can see sparkles and it does make those cakes even more delicious. Super image, Super background paper and I love the way you added the gingham ribbons, always a great insert and the back always adds that certain touch of yours.
Good to hear your nerve point is easier.
Faith x

ahlers5 said...

This is the cutest image...what a great card!

Jackie Cornfield said...

So happy to see your entry at My Time To Craft.
We love to see everyone’s work.
Stay safe and well.
Good luck, do come back again!
Hugs, Jackie DT member x

Jackie Cornfield said...

So happy to see your entry at My Time To Craft.
We love to see everyone’s work.
Stay safe and well.
Good luck, do come back again!
Hugs, Jackie DT member x

Alyson Mayo said...

I remember seeing this a while ago (it has taken me this long to make it here to comment...) Love that chef - he looks so proud of his sweet treat!

Helen said...

What a great card for your girlfriend! I'm sure she will love it Aimeslee! So much fun and the food certainly does look delicious!! Sure to bring a smile!Thanks so much for sharing at HLS Anything Goes with Dies! Stay safe! :)