Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Sistahs 4-Ever

 Greetings, Blogging Lovelies! Hope Tuesday has treated you well. I've got a card to share for a girlfriend. We go way back and I wanted to send her something colorful that let her know I'm still her friend, even though our social interactions got disrupted in the pandemic. I chose to make my card in tones of red and use a mashup of Scribbles Designs digital images: Flutter Heart, Hip to be Square and Love Stamp on the front, and Love & Kisses inside. 

I love the different red tones I managed to get on here. I made sure to use bright white card, too. 
SplitCoastStampers sketch SC165 was the loose guide for my layout. I resized it to A2 and then rotated it 90 degrees clockwise.
The rich red card base is SU, the base mat is Recollections heavyweight 110# card, and I printed the black and white digis on Springhill Digital card. I was lucky that all the tones blended well, or at least played well together. Promarkers, Pitt Artist Brush Pens, Distress Markers, a veriety of gel pens and red Wink of Stella all had some time at the plate.The Sistahs die is by CAS-ual Fridays and was cut from the Recollections card.
   
I wanted to show close-ups of the Recollection heavyweight 110# base mat I ran through a Spellbinders embossing folder and then cut with a Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Postage Stamp Frame die. I then smooshed VersaFine all over the raised portions and brushed on layers of Perfect Pearls Interference Red mica powder. I set it with hair spray. The photos don't do it justice, it gives off the prettiest shimmer! 
It was kind of difficult forcing myself to leave some white open areas, lol. 
The inside: Up top, I hand stamped a very old MFT sentiment that I still love and then on bottom I printed out the Scribbles digi and cut it with the Postage Stamp Frame die.
The back: I used a scrap from my red paper stash for the mat, a dotty scrap and then stamped the Kaiserkraft siggie in VF Clair and trimmed around it with my deco scissors.
   

Here are some close-ups to show the shimmer, shine, and sparkle. The gold is the Red Gold Shadow gel pen by Sakura. It goes on red and then magically turns to gold right before your eyes! LOLOL

And a final view. Thank you for stopping by and until next time, stay well and craft on! XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
2.   Let's Squash It! Challenge #10: EF + Shimmer and Shine -- #1/3 (8 challenges max) I've used Spellbinders Hearts and Hearts reversible embossing folder and multiple shimmer mediums: Perfect Pearls Interference Red powder on Versamark ink, metallic, glitter and red gold shadow gel pens, Wink of Stella Red glitter brush pen. 
3.   Scribbles Designs Challenge #101: Anything Goes -- #1SD - Used Scribbles Digis: Hip to be Square, Love stamp and Flutter Heart on card front, and Love & Kisses inside.
4.   The Rainbow Card Challenge July 2021: Charmingly Cherry --  
5.   Die Cut Divas Challenge with Birch Press: Tone on Tone -- #2/4  I've made a red tone on tone card using Spellbinders Hearts and Hearts embossing folder; and CAS-ual Fridays Sistahs word die and Sizzix TH Alterations Postage Stamp Frame dies.
6.   Creative Knockouts #409: Say Anything -- #1/2 (10 challenges max)
8.   Cardz 4 Galz #150: Get Inky -- #1/3  Lots of ink colouring with ProMarkers, Pitt Artist brush pens, Distress Markers, variety of Sakura gel pens (glitter, metallic, gold shadow) and Wink of Stella glitter brush pen

18 comments:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Gosh, this card rocks my world. So pretty in red and white. Cool stamps too. It's always fun surprising our friends with cards.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This will bring you friend so much love and joy Aimslee, I LOVE the red and white and the feeling it conveys. Fab images and insert and of course the back. Love it.
Faith x

dorsetdawndesigns said...

I love how bright and bold this card is. Thanks for joining in our challenge at Cardz 4 Galz Dawn S DT

ahlers5 said...

I love how you show how all the layers are done. You put so much effort and creativity into your cards. I love this one...so cute!

Monica C. said...

Great card Aimeslee. I love that postage stamp die, how fun that is. I need to see if I can make some panels like that on my Silhouette!
I am sure your friend will love it.
Hugs Monica

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous card for a friend, Aimeslee!! Just love all the shades of red on the crisp white!! So glad you could join us at Die Cut Divas this month!!

Arlene said...

I love the embossing on that gorgeous bright white paper and so many red colors and happy sentiment. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our Tone on Tone challenge.

Donna Ellis said...

What a fabulous friendship card, Aimes! I love the pretty textures you achieved, and those awesome layers! Thanks for always taking lots of photos to reveal your creative process. I enjoy them immensely, and always learn a lot from you! hugs, de

Rain said...

That's a gorgeous card Aimeslee! I love the reds!!! :)

Elena C said...

What a GORGEOUS card!!! I looked at it, looked at it, and then looked at it some more... There is so much going on there, and of course, some things are hard to see on the computer. Thank you also for sharing the details of what you did. Lots of work there (fun work)!!! Thank you for joining us at The Rainbow Card Challenge. Yours is a lovely entry.
Please come back and join us for our August challenge. Can't wait to see what you design.

sue t. said...

This card has a lot going and it rocks! Love it! Thanks for putting a cherry on top at The Rainbow Card Challenge!

craftytrog said...

A gorgeous card for your friend Aimeslee! The colour and sentiment would have been perfect for my best friend last week, she's my chosen family and she loves red.
Hope you're having a good weekend.
Alison xx

Helen said...

A great card - thanks for sharing it with us at Scribbles Designs.

Helen x

Em Louise Fairley said...

Aimeslee, I love your textures. Thanks for joining us at The Rainbow Card Challenge and I hope we see you again soon.

Hugs,
Em, DT Co-ordinator

foleysfriend said...

Fabulous card! I'm sure that your friend loved the card. I'm loving all the texture, shine, shimmer and shades of red. Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas.

sue n.

Izzy Scrap said...

Gorgeous take on the sketch and beautiful use of the colour from our challenge. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at the Rainbow Card Challenge

Tina Z. said...

great design, so interesting.
Thank you for playing with us at Let's Squash It! where I am a Guest Designer.

ionabunny said...

Gorgeous shimmer on that lovely embossed panel and I like the postage die cutting. Thanks for joining the fun at Let's Squash It! Hugz