Friday, July 23, 2021

Sweet Christmas Wishes for Outlawz Festive Fridays

 Happy Fri-YAY, blogging friends! I hope you are all doing well. Today I'm sharing my first DT make for Outlawz Festive Fridays Challenges! The new challenge opens today and runs until Thursday, August 5th. This challenge gives you themes to choose from and you can enter a different project as many times as you like. The themes this time are: Birthday, Get Well, Christmas and Anything Goes. 
I chose to make a Christmas card using digital images from our challenge sponsor, Bugaboo Stamps. You may have heard the sad and sudden news that Bugaboo closed their shop and challenge blog. 😧 I am hopeful that this is a temporary situation. At any rate, I own several hundred Bugaboo images, so I chose 3 from my files with candy canes: Candy Cane Cow, Candy Cane Stocking and Candy Cane Elf. I chose these images because they remind me of a scene in a story I was read as a very young child called Madeline's Christmas. It wasn't even a book (then). It was inside a McCall's magazine in the Christmas issue of my first Christmas in 1956, and my parents kept it and read it to me every year until I could read it myself. By the time our daughter was born in 1988, it had been published as a book, so my parents bought it and gave it to her...and the tradition continued! I love little treasured memories like that! 🎅
 
This was planned to be such a simple card. Just color the images and cut / layer the paper as per the sketch. Ha! I got the bright idea to use Kraft and emboss it with my Snowflake folder, then run a white ink pad across the raised snowflakes (top photo above). Well, that didn't look good enough for me, so I gathered every white pen, paint, ink pad and crayon I owned and went down a rabbit hole trying to get those snowflakes to stand out! I finally was very pleased to get the results I was after! Thought I would show you, in the bottom photo above, the card front before I covered it up with images and embellishments. 😄
I started the card construction with a Recollections red card base and my embossed Kraft card mats. I layered on some red-matted Doodlebug Christmas candy patterned paper, then my 3 red-matted Kraft panels, then my digital images printed on Springhill Digital card which I colored with Promarkers and fussy cut. The elf's bells are colored with my Sakura red Gold Shadow metallic gel pen and the little accents around the stocking were outlined with my Sakura glitter gel pen. I used some red and green Cosmo Cricket Tiny Alpha stickers to make my sentiment, which I embellished with some Frosted Lace Stickles after adhering. I also added some iridescent snowflakes I had bought on Amazon and a skinny candy cane stripe border sticker from my Christmas stash. 
I used SplitCoastStampers Sketch SC82 for my layout, resizing to A7 in PSE but otherwise following it pretty faithfully. 
Inside of my card, I have hand-stamped HOTP, Sweet n Sassy, and Clear Dollar Stamps sentiments, along with fussy-cut and colored CC Designs candy canes, all in Nocturne Versafine Clair ink.
On the back of the card, I let my Kraft-y snowflakes take center stage. I had a large snippet of the patterned paper left, so I cut it with a Spellbinders Fleur de Lis square die, cut that into fourths and used them as photo corners. I added a snippet strip scrap of red polka dots and my Kaisercraft siggie hand-stamped on a scrap of the Kraft card in Memento Rhubarb Stalk ink.
   
A couple of angle shots to try to show all of the sparkle....
And a final view. Thanks so much for visiting me and until next time, stay well and craft on! XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
6.   Jingle Belles JB-21-15: A Christmas Story -- Madeline's Christmas by Ludwig Bemelmans
7.   Sparkles Christmas #125: Snowflaakes (More than 1) -- #1/3 I have lots of embossed background snowflakes and 5 iridescent snowflakes on top layer.
8.   CHNCC #551: ACG + Opt. Use a Die or Punch -- Option played (on back of card)!
21. APTS #7 July 2021: Craft Your Favorite Holiday/Celebration -- #4/8 Birthdays my fave celebration, but CHRISTMAS is my fave holiday!
22. 613 Avenue Create #7 July 2021: AG Only -- #3/8 Option not played this time
24. Colour Crazy Craft Challenge #28: AAG w/Colouring -- #1/2 All 3 images colored with Promarkers and the snowflakes embossed on my kraft background colored with white paint pens  

33 comments:

Monica C. said...

This is such a fun card! I am intrigued by how you did the snowflakes and your patience. Just wow! I love embossing folders, they add such great interest to the paper without much effort.
Hugs Monica

Heather said...

Such cute images, Aimeslee! I love these shimmery snowflakes, too! Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles!

Vickie Y said...

Adorable! The images are perfect for the sketch. Thank you for sharing with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters.

laurie said...

Love your trio of Christmas images..what a fun card. Thanks for joining us at Christmas Craft creations!

AndrejaM said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for playing at TMR challange

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Congratulations on your DT spot. You deserve it with all your hard work. Your card is so adorable with those cute images. I'm glad you pointed out your handmade snowflake background. Lovely job. The three panels on the front are nice as it gets to show off lots of stamps. I read Madeline to my daughter. Your family had a wonderful tradition, and it's nice that it's carried on to the next generation.

My 4 year old granddaughter loves to read, thanks to mom and dad reading to her alot. My daughter got video of Charlotte holding the book so her baby sister of 3 months "could look at the pictures". The book is party of the song "My favourite things" from Sound of Music. Miss Charlotte had the book memorized and was singing it to her sister with each changing page. A memory I won't forget.

SmilynStef said...

I love how you decorated the inside & back of the card too ... so very glad you joined us at jingle belles.

Darlene said...

WOW! What a fabulous holiday card my friend! LOVE IT! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Judy McKay said...

Lovely designed card. Love the colours. Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create this month. Hope to see you back here again soon.

Martina said...

Beautiful Christmas card with merry colors and stamps, Aimeslee. Thank you for playing on CHNC together! Martina - DT

Dawn Phillips said...

This is so much fun. I too am a Bugaboo fan and I'm gutted she's closed her store. I hope she's OK. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Christmas Challenge. Love Dawn x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Fabulous card, so many great details and images that I love. The sweet wishes are just lovely and the insert and back are wonderful again lots of detail. I love the story and how lovely that tradition was able to carry on with the publication of the book. Tradition is what makes Christmas isn't it?
I'm here with 3 hats on so will say - Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies this week.
And also Thank you so much for joining us in our Christmas in July challenge at The Male Room Good Luck and I’m looking forward to seeing you again in our next challenges.
Faith A DT

Billie A said...

Wonderful card. Love the layers, images and details. So glad you shared over at Crafty Gals Corner, Sparkles Christmas, Colour Crazy.

Donna Ellis said...

Oh my goodness, Aimes! Not only is your card a fantastic creation, and great take of the challenges, but I completely admire the tiny square lettering so meticulously applied above each triad of the gingerbread-like background! It's always a surprise visiting your blog and finding the most amazing combination of techniques and layers! hugs, de

ahlers5 said...

Very pretty! Great images. I love the snowflakes on Kraft. I will have to try that. Right now I have no desire to create. Hopefully, that ends soon. I think it might be because I need to make men's cards and I just don't feel like it.

Rain said...

Hi Aimeslee! :) Your card (as usual) is gorgeous! It's so fun, I love that Cane Cow!!! Really enjoy reading about your process. I'd love to join in on this art form...maybe I'll find the time one day! :)

Marie Bingaman said...

I'm glad you persevered to get the look you wanted, as it turned out stunning! We are definitely all hoping that Bugaboo's shutdown is only temporary. :( I definitely enjoy seeing others still using the images that I love so well! I'm so glad you were able to join us at 2CCC with this fantastic card, and good luck! :)

~Marie B -DT

Pat said...

Such pretty images in your panels Aimeslee and love what you did with the snowflakes on the kraft card which look beautiful and the inside is just as wonderful as the outside. Congrats on joining the DT over at Outlawz Festive Fridays too. By the way you left me a message to ask if I got the comment you sent on my CAS Mix Up and Christmas post, but unfortunately it didn't come through...thanks very much for your visit though. x

craftytrog said...

A gorgeous card, and what a lovely memory it invoked!
Alison

Goga said...

Fantastic Christmas card. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room challenge, Goga

Kristine said...

Super Festive card Aimslee, love how you did the backdrop for the images 😊

lauren bergold said...

such a sweet and festive card and i love the awesome memory that inspired it, such a cool holiday tradition! thanks for joining our JINGLE BELLES fun! ♥

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

This is just so gorgeous, nice work here.
Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge we really appreciate you joining in.

Annette DT

monique said...

Thank you for sharing in our challenge at https://classicdesignchallenge.blogspot.com/">Classic Design Challenge we really appreciate you joining in
Monique DT its fab

Lady Joyful said...

Wonderful design, with lots of great detail. Bugaboo does have great images, it's such a shame they've closed. Thank you for joining us at Christmas Craft Creations and The Male Room - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Fabulous design, love the layers & the touch of brilliance ink...it looks fab!

Thank you for sharing with us at 'Happy Little Stampers Christmas' this month
Hugs Shell xx

Jackie Cornfield said...

Lovely layout and sweet card.
So glad you have shared this with us at 613 Avenue Create.
Please come back again!
The best of luck with your entry.
Stay safe and well.
Jackie, DT member at 613 xx

Helen said...

A beautiful card - thanks for sharing it with us at the Sparkles Christmas Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Chana Malkah said...

Congratulations, Aimeslee! Many long years ago, the Outlawz Greetings Team was my first DT team ever, and also became the first time I was ever a team leader. There are so many wonderful ladies there and I learned a great deal. I hope your journey will be as wonderful as mine was!

Thanks for sharing your awesome project with us at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner

candio said...

Fun holiday card!! Thanks for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge! DT Candace

Alyson Mayo said...

This is so very sweet - I especially love that reindeer carrying the candy cane! Great take on the sketch and a terrific Christma card :)

Chana Malkah said...

Very nice design! Thanks so much for sharing with us at A Place To Start!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner

Shona Erlenborn said...

What lovely details you have used here. From the coloring of those fun images to the little snowflakes. A lovely creation! Inside and out! Thanks for sharing with us over at the Christmas Craft Creations.