Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Twenty Twenty One

 Happy Hump Day, everybody. Hope you are all doing good. Well, I'm feeling great right now, even with my neck still in pain. I had mailed off the card I am sharing today back on Dec. 26th and had about decided it was lost forever, but it finally arrived at its destination after almost 4 weeks so I am thankful. Now I can share it, which I am also thankful for, because I've just about run out of makes to post about!

This is another of my attempts at creating a Zen style without directly using Asian images, etc. I've used a very sweet image and stars from Gecko Galz's Happy New Year collage sheet, along with SU and Bazzill card stocks, deli paper and Basic Grey Kioshi designer papers.

  
I used Split Coast Stampers sketch SC102, but I resized it to 5x7 (A7) and stretched it vertically in PSE to accommodate my image and my sentiment.

I matted each of the 3 stars behind the sentiment with a Spellbinders nested star die cut from the black Bazzill cs that I've matted  everything with. I accented all the flower and circle centers in the Kioshi paper with dots of orange Viva Decor Pearl Pen. 

On the back I used another black mat and layered the remainder of this Kioshi paper I used on the front. I cut a Spellbinders label die in 2 sizes, one out of the black cs and a smaller one out of a Kioshi scrap from another project. I topped it with a circle-punched Hero Arts stamped siggie. 

Couple of close-ups --
I used my ancient QK Squeeze to cut the font dies for the date spelled out sentiment and adhered each word to a strip of deli paper that's attached by a little orange square brad. I chose the deli paper as it is see-thru and the stars can be seen. I often get asked why I still use my QK Squeeze and I say two reasons: 1. it still works just fine and 2. I've got a small (well, microscopic) fortune invested in font dies and they work best in the original die cut machine, plus I don't wear out my Big Shot plates. I'm that way about a lot of stuff in my life and so is Honey. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. :-)

I just love this sweet little lady.

And a final view of the card --
Thanks for visiting me and I hope you have a good rest of the week, until next time, stay safe and warm. XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
4.   Outlawz Tuesday Color 1/12-1/25I've used the color range and my paper and image have Flowers which starts with F.
7.   The Sisterhood of Crafters: Die Cuts and or Embossing Folder -- #2/3 I used Spellbinders star die cuts and QK font dies
9.   Scrapping 4 Fun #183: AG  #1/3    
13. The Paper Funday Challenge #25: AG + Opt. Twist Use the Color Blue -- #1/4  There's some blue in the designer paper, if that's enough to play the twist.
15. Time Out Challenge #179: YOU  --  I enjoy using my older craft supplies, as I noted above with the QK Squeeze and font dies. I am also enjoying practicing a Zen style as I wrote about in my post.  

19 comments:

Sue said...

This is really lovely Aimeslee, beautifully done! Have a very happy week, Sue xx

Monica C. said...

That is so pretty Aimeslee! I love that sentiment and so I had to read up about QK Squeeze. I also have some QK fonts, I just use them with my die cutting machine. But the Squeeze looks like a really nifty tool when you just want to cut letters. I may need to visit eBay!!
Hugs Monica

Donna Walls said...

Lovely card and a very interesting design. I mailed a Christmas Card to the UK on 08 Dec, from Florida, and it arrived on the 19th of Jan. I hope postal delivery isn't this backlogged in the coming months. Thanks for playing along at The Paper Funday Challenges. Donna, DT

Alyson Mayo said...

Love, love, love it! This beautiful card is sitting on my desk where I see of often! Reading about all the details that you included is so amazing, especially since I can check it out in real life. Thanks for thinking of me - you're a gem :)

MS Kraft Store said...

Beautiful design Card. Thanks for sharing with us at Scrapping4funChallenges.
Hope to see you again next challenge.
Hugs,
Mifta.
Owner ~ MS Kraft Store
DT ~ Scrapping4funChallenges
DT ~ Through The Craft Room Door
DT ~ Make the Card Challenge

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Stunning. The papers you used are lovely. I really like how you put the words twenty twenty one in written form. Very unique idea. I'm sure your girfriend loved this. Have a great day

Valérie said...

Dear Aimeslee, I love your happy new year card. So happy this card found its destination because it is very beautiful! I am sure the recipient will love it! The image is adorable and I love the 2021 die cut alphas. Thank you for sharing at Aud Sentiments. Valérie DT Aud Sentiments

Leslie said...

Very nice and I love all the different elements! I've never heard of a QK Squeeze. I've had my Big Shot for about 12 years and my electric Gemini Junior for about 6 years. The plates for the Gemini are twice the cost of the Big Shot plates which sucks but I always keep an ample supply of both on hand because I can't be without a way to die cut! It's amazing how many die cuts we use on our projects! Yep, this card is awesome, my friend!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! this is amazing Aimeslee, so beautiful and what a way to show off the lovely lady and send the New Year greetings with this card. It's just wonderful in every way, as always.
Faith x

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous New Year card Aimeslee, and I like your design with the date. One of my hubby's favourite sayings is also 'if it isn't broke - don't fix it'. ha ha!
Hugs, Avril xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what a beautiful card! Glad it was received ok too, the colours of the flowers with the black look amazing - love it 😁. Happy Friday and have a wonderful weekend! Take care! Hugs, Jo x

Quillish said...

That's such a lovely card and that lady is so pretty! Great idea for a new year card. It's always rewarding for me to use my older supplies. Thank you for joining us and showing a little you at Time Out challenges. Hugs ~ Ishani.

Diane said...

Super fun colors and what a cute design.

Hugs diane

Darlene said...

WOW what a fabulously fun creation Aimslee! Love it! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

ahlers5 said...

This is such a great card. I love it! I have been so busy lately. I am finally organizing my craft area. I have sorted all my dies and found one more to send you. I looked at and held each die set in my hands so I'm sure there is nothing I missed. Now I just need to check every time before I order to be sure I don't have it!

Angela said...

Nice card. Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge with Twist at The Paper Funday Challenges this month. We hope to see you again next challenge.
Smiles, Angela DT Member
DT
https://chasingwhiteunicorns.blogspot.com/{My Blog}

Twórcze pasje Danki said...

Amazing card. I love it. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.
Hugs
Danka
Twórcze pasje Danki {My Blog}

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a sweet card - the black adds the perfect sophistication required for a 21 year old! Chrisx

Kraftyscot (Donna) said...

Such a fab card, thank you so much for sharing it with us over at Creative Crafters. I wish you luck with your entry and hope that you can join us again next month!
Hugs Donna (DT) xx